Coach K Postgame Presser Arkansas-Pine Bluff

No. I'll call her that till I decide I don't want to. Now, go cry in the corner.
giphy.gif

Reactions: supersmo18
Out of respect for the greatest ever, the legend Pat ..... i call the coach of the Lady Vols "Coach K" and when she has accomplished what I believe she will then I will call her just "Kellie" .

Everyone who has a problem with that please have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving and please find something really important to be concerned about.

Look, "Coach K" has become a brand and it is strongly connected to Mike Krzyzewski. So, calling Kellie Harper Coach K (who by analogy should actually be Coach H) is like opening up a new, local hamburger joint and calling it McDonalds.

Last edited:
Look, "Coach K" has become a brand and it is strongly connected to Mike Krzyzewski. So, call Kellie Harper Coach K (who by analogy should actually by Coach H) is like opening up a new, local hamburger joint and call it McDonalds.

Say it aloud 3 times
Coach H, Coach H, Coach H
doesn't flow,,
now try saying Coach K 3 times
it flows

get over it

How your legendary coach pronounces his name versus the way it is spelled.,.
(Krzyzewski=Shishevski ???? Phonetically it should have been Krezizuski

I would have opted for Coach K, L or M before I have my kids try to sound that out...just saying

Look, "Coach K" has become a brand and it is strongly connected to Mike Krzyzewski. So, call Kellie Harper Coach K (who by analogy should actually by Coach H) is like opening up a new, local hamburger joint and call it McDonalds.
facepalm dos eqqus.gif

Say it aloud 3 times
Coach H, Coach H, Coach H
doesn't flow,,
now try saying Coach K 3 times
it flows

get over it

How your legendary coach pronounces his name versus the way it is spelled.,.
(Krzyzewski=Shishevski ???? Phonetically it should have been Krezizuski

I would have opted for Coach K, L or M before I have my kids try to sound that out...just saying

Who is my legendary coach again? I have no particular love for Coach K, other than recognizing the ubiquity of his brand name.

If you took a national survey of college basketball fans and ask "who is Coach K?"--- 78, 489, 567 would say Mike Kryzewski and 4 (all on this board) would say Kellie Harper.

But, we do have a major problem. You are completely right that Coach H does not have much alliterative merit.

What a dilemma!. What could we possibly call Coach Harper. I mean consider Coach Rick Barnes; he has had to be known as "Coach B" right cause you know Barnes, like Harper, is just so hard to pronounce and spell. Those names have like six freaking letters, with all sorts of vowels and consonants and they have to be the right order even.

Let's say I type, Coach RprHaer or Coach Prhrah, who would know who is being referred to? So, that is lot of work. Leave it to Kellie Harper to have a name where the letters have to be exactly in the right order.

And where do you put the enunciative emphasis - Coach HAR-Per or coach H-AR-Per? Okay maybe it's the same pronunciation but still you have decide where to put the dash.

And OMG, if we went with Coach Kellie! How are we supposed to remember her name ends in "ie" and not "y"

Maybe, Coach Rprrahe, dammit, Hrprea, ugh Hraepr, Coach H....A.....R....P.....E.....(think, think, breathe) R (whew I am exhausted #KellieHarper-is-too-hard-to-type) should follow Prince's lead and adopt an unpronounceable symbol as her moniker.

PS, this is the tryptophan talking....

Last edited:
Wow, did you come up with that play on words all by yourself?

He probably did but that’s also what you are famous for on other forums. How many posts saying you’re available, you can be there in a minute. I’m wondering why you don’t exhibit your superior knowledge by commenting on the X’s and O’s during games Which is a ton more than talking only about time outs

He probably did but that’s also what you are famous for on other forums. How many posts saying you’re available, you can be there in a minute. I’m wondering why you don’t exhibit your superior knowledge by commenting on the X’s and O’s during games Which is a ton more than talking only about time outs

point taken...the next game I watch at my computer I will go into more of a commentary type posts...observations, projected moves, etc
cool?

and it's
"I can be there tomorrow"

BTW thanks for admitting that I am famous

point taken...the next game I watch at my computer I will go into more of a commentary type posts...observations, projected moves, etc
cool?

and it's
"I can be there tomorrow"

BTW thanks for admitting that I am famous

Sure, cool! I’ll look forward to those comments. Thanks for clarifying your quote. If you’re content with the context of the fame I’m happy for you. You are welcome.

Reactions: mcannon1
Sure, cool! I’ll look forward to those comments. Thanks for clarifying your quote. If you’re content with the context of the fame I’m happy for you. You are welcome.

it won't be this game upcoming with AF,,,I am going to that one
Are you?

VN Store

Back