Game Thread: UT Lady Vols VS ARKANSAS - PINE BLUFF

A lot of Horston's turnovers have been because her teammates weren't expecting a pass. They need to be alert and ready when she is handling the ball. Some out of control stuff, yes, but there have been a lot of passes bounce off unexpecting hands.

Reactions: lvocd
Even with the turnovers Horston > Westbrook. Major upgrade there because she plays defense!

A lot of Horston's turnovers have been because her teammates weren't expecting a pass. They need to be alert and ready when she is handling the ball. Some out of control stuff, yes, but there have been a lot of passes bounce off unexpecting hands.

exactly

Horston still needs to develop better judgement about when to drive, when to pass, and when to pull up and shoot. It will take some time, but that's a big part of the reason her teammates aren't expecting those passes.

At this time if we had Green we could move Horston to the two guard and let her do her thing from there. As it is without another point guard we have to play her there a lot even though Coach Kellie was experimenting with Davis playing there some in the half court offense. I like to see Massengill at the point, Davis and Horston on the wings and any of Key, Brown, KK, or McCoy inside. As for the turnovers if we can get 25 assists versus 19 turnovers while forcing the other team into 21 I'd take that every game we play.

At this time if we had Green we could move Horston to the two guard and let her do her thing from there. As it is without another point guard we have to play her there a lot even though Coach Kellie was experimenting with Davis playing there some in the half court offense. I like to see Massengill at the point, Davis and Horston on the wings and any of Key, Brown, KK, or McCoy inside. As for the turnovers if we can get 25 assists versus 19 turnovers while forcing the other team into 21 I'd take that every game we play.

Yes, losing Green really changed everything. Every time I watch a game I have a hard time keeping thoughts of, “If only we had Zaay this could be soooo different!” Green was already showing vast improvement from last season and I thought the trio of Davis, Green and Horston could be the modern version of the Three Meeks by season’s end.

Oh well.... NEXT SEASON!

Horston still needs to develop better judgement about when to drive, when to pass, and when to pull up and shoot. It will take some time, but that's a big part of the reason her teammates aren't expecting those passes.

Agreed. But dang, we sure are enjoying some of her jaw-droppingly AMAZING moments, aren’t we?! :p When she matures in her game she’s going to be one of the most explosive playmakers in Lady Vol history.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
Given the circumstances, I wouldn’t worry too much about the lack of energy in the third. The team very well may have decided to take it down a notch or two so as to not hand A-PB the most lopsided loss in their history on the worst emotionally-awful game night in their history.

Best we all just move on and start looking forward to the next game. And then Texas. The Texas game will be the one to look at with a more critical eye, for sure.
I agree, for the most part, it does not do you any good to beat down an opponent just because you can. I appreciated the fact that KJH cleared her bench and gave them some playing time. Though, I am not far a large cupcake schedule, it does give one a chance to try different combinations as well as other things.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
When she and also Rae get to that point and if they do this year. I think were a top three SEC team and a top ten team Nationally.

She has to catch up to the speed of the college game.

Agreed. But dang, we sure are enjoying some of her jaw-droppingly AMAZING moments, aren’t we?! :p When she matures in her game she’s going to be one of the most explosive playmakers in Lady Vol history.

That is the key...to let her keep her steam and no-fear playing style ,,,while also monitoring her moments of aloofness.
The "show" pass has its time and so does the "showoff" pass
I love to see a player pass the ball right by the ear of her defender, straight to a waiting post. I call that pass a drop-pass. or a bullet-pass.
And it is the best way to feed a post, when guarded...so Horston is making the right decision most of the time,,,
but they've got to be expecting the unexpected!

VN Store

Back