'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Devil's advocate: working the angle d1 is correct and the kid is just "saving himself", doesn't that make it more likely he may try the same in college?

I mean you really only have to show something, say, jr year and then impress at the combine. Despite all the faults of the previous staff, I still believe the comment on North.
Something like "he can play whenever he wants, injury is up to him, saving himself".
This was my thoughts when he made that remark.

Grimes is yet another example of a player so hyped that “we have to take him” but there are factors AFTER he’s signed that lends to massive second guessing...usually by many of the same parties that demanded his recruitment. Raked over the coals if you don’t land a Dillon Bates or a JJ Peterson and when the other shoe drops, a rush to be in the front of the line to declare him a bust or wasted scholarship. We’re a zoo...since circuses have been practically outlawed. 😎

Grimes is yet another example of a player so hyped that “we have to take him” but there are factors AFTER he’s signed that lends to massive second guessing...usually by many of the same parties that demanded his recruitment. Raked over the coals if you don’t land a Dillon Bates or a JJ Peterson and when the other shoe drops, a rush to be in the front of the line to declare him a bust or wasted scholarship. We’re a zoo...since circuses have been practically outlawed. 😎

😛 Also
Right now: "OBVIOUS our idiot coaches aren't even trying for this kid."

Commits to SC "Muschamp eating Pruitt's lunch. Not buying "didn't want" from the pumpers"

Please,with all your knowledge and experience, tell me why those offers are made if they will never be honored.
Because if you don’t offer and offer early you have no chance especially with instate kids. Over the course of a season you have to decide who you want to take and who you don’t with your available spots. A lot of stuff is fluid according to how kids perform, what spots open up on your team with transfers, injuries, etc. You’re constantly evaluating the best way to improve your team with the 25 initial counters you have to get kids in on your team.

As far as Grimes you can believe what you like but Tennessee nor Bama has ever pushed for him hard. He has connections to both teams and likely would land at one of those two schools if they wanted him. OU or Carolina will be where he ends up imo unless we miss on a lot of people.

Please,with all your knowledge and experience, tell me why those offers are made if they will never be honored.

Because now days if you dont offer kids as a Sophmore or Junior you arent showing them enough love. You have to show them interest before halfway through their Senior year. If not you have no chance.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Grimes is the perfect example of look like Tarzan run 40 like Tarzan but plays always like Jane. He is very stiff in his hips so when it comes to big time football he gets swallowed up. That is why Alabama does not believe in him as well as Tn.

Does OU play defense?

They've improved a great deal with coach Grinch, but they still have trouble with physical teams. I'm hoping that lasts into early next season.

We can run the ball now, we just haven't focused on it because our strength is our ou WRs. And our young tackles need to continue getting stronger.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
All I see in this thread is a bunch of opinions based on what they think the coaches think? When has anyone on our staff said they don’t want this kid?

Ansley all season long from what ive heard.

Not been there to verify though

Ansley all season long from what ive heard.

Not been there to verify though
If that’s true they won’t say it to prevent recruiting damage but that’s interesting. Wonder why recruiting services are so quick to drop productive kids and this guy has stayed at the top in tn. Obviously the services aren’t the gospel and mess up ratings all the time, but I do feel the elite players are usually ranked for a reason and isn’t Grimes a top 100 kid?

If that’s true they won’t say it to prevent recruiting damage but that’s interesting. Wonder why recruiting services are so quick to drop productive kids and this guy has stayed at the top in tn. Obviously the services aren’t the gospel and mess up ratings all the time, but I do feel the elite players are usually ranked for a reason and isn’t Grimes a top 100 kid?

Please tell me why we have extended 400 plus offers and only have 25 spots roughly? You offer players to start relationships, this process typically takes more than one season. It's all about building relationships.

Smart coaches only extend committable offers to players who come and camp, nice to see Pruitt in this camp.

You can't seriously be this uneducated about the recruiting process and then have the balls to tell someone else they don't know Jack, I'm done with you now, I have nothing to prove here, you've illustrated your ignorance on the subject.

VN Store

Back