Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gave the quotes and I'm sure he's read the articles and seen the response. If he thinks he's being misinterpreted, then he should speak up and set the record straight. Because saying he was "very uncomfortable" with what the new staff was asking him to do and telling the media that it impacted his long-term health and future are not positive comments. I think he said what he meant to say and left the impression he meant to leave. Otherwise, why not clarify his position?
Didn't the staff basically allow the guy to sit out spring practice and pretty much every other fall practice before his last season? That's my recollection. Idk how much more careful they could have been. The guy is made of glass.

Kirkland was lazy. Thought he was a 1st rounder and could just show up and be in the league. He was overrated from the jump.
Kirkland when healthy was a beast. That kid was ruined by butches medical staff that is talking trash about Pruitt for firing them. They ruined a lot of our players careers.

The '16 and '17 teams were soft. I remember Ethan Wolf saying in the summer before '17 season that an NFL scout had called the team 'soft'. But really, it only took looking at that group pic of those flabby linemen trying to flex to know the '17 team wasn't going to fare well against SEC competition.
A big portion of those rosters were the antithesis of what it means to be a Vol.
Hit hard...work hard...play hard..

Summed up..I will give my all for Tennessee today.

Man...good thing College Basketball is in full swing.

These NFL games on Thanksgiving are garbage...plus my dad hasn't watched the NFL since they did the kneeling.

Some nice college football games...but not until Friday :(
I thought I was the only one not watching the NFL since they started that crap. I haven't watched one game since that Richard Head started kneeling and I haven't missed it one bit. It's really amazing. I've pretty much given up all pro games, in any sport, except the PGA. Love me some golf :cool::cool:

FF folks, would you drop tevin coleman and pick up devonte freeman for the fantasy playoffs? I have a bye so I'm looking weeks 15,16. Also have C Mac and Ronald Jones.

Man...good thing College Basketball is in full swing.

These NFL games on Thanksgiving are garbage...plus my dad hasn't watched the NFL since they did the kneeling.

Some nice college football games...but not until Friday :(

Egg Bowl is tomorrow though. While it is meaningless in the big picture you still have 2 coaches on the hotseat and 2 fanbases that hate each other that even the Iron Bowl has nothing on. Lots of times the action is in the stands as those 2 fanbases will go at it. Used to go to the Egg Bowl every year with my dad (ex Ole Miss MLB) and it was always a brawl. Basketball games back in the day in the old fieldhouses were even worse because the fanbases were literally on top of each other.

He gave the quotes and I'm sure he's read the articles and seen the response. If he thinks he's being misinterpreted, then he should speak up and set the record straight. Because saying he was "very uncomfortable" with what the new staff was asking him to do and telling the media that it impacted his long-term health and future are not positive comments. I think he said what he meant to say and left the impression he meant to leave. Otherwise, why not clarify his position?
Tbh it sounds like a classic case of the uncle ricos. “If i wouldn’t have gotten hurt and had the proper treatment, i would be in the league right now”. No you just weren’t good

Egg Bowl is tomorrow though. While it is meaningless in the big picture you still have 2 coaches on the hotseat and 2 fanbases that hate each other that even the Iron Bowl has nothing on. Lots of times the action is in the stands as those 2 fanbases will go at it. Used to go to the Egg Bowl every year with my dad (ex Ole Miss MLB) and it was always a brawl. Basketball games back in the day in the old fieldhouses were even worse because the fanbases were literally on top of each other.
If ole miss fires Matt Luke, come on down. Would love to add him to this staff And back to Tennessee. Hello Mississippi/Memphis pipeline. Hopefully Fulmer could help with that one.

seriously? I've never followed those two fan bases....I didn't know they hated each other like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back