8) Missouri
9) Auburn
10) LSU
11) Ole Miss
12) Alabama
13) Vanderbilt
14) Florida

SEC Tournament Winner: Texas A&M

NCAA Tournament Teams: Texas A&M,South Carolina,Mississippi State,Tennessee,Kentucky,Georgia

WNIT Teams: Arkansas,Missouri,Auburn and LSU

Last edited:
Parker-Holdsclaw-Catchings would have just been Parker-Holdsclaw-Catchings had they not had effective coaching. Just ask Westbrook-Russell-Burdick.

Go back and check Pat's record from when Geno cheated and signed Maya Moore,If Pat had signed Maya Moore she would have a couple more titles.Those kinds of players make the difference.We can disagree but we started to slide some in WBB from that time forward.He is still signing the no. 1 player every year (Buellars) this yr.To me it is very simpleUT Kelly Harper.jpg

Surely that is an outdated bracketology given the high seedings of some struggling teams and the omissions of teams having early success.

Maryland #1? South Carolina #3? Texas #5? Minnesota #6?

And where is Missouri State??? They're currently 5-1 with road wins over Oklahoma and then #23 Minn. (6 seed above) and only lost to #7 (2 seed above) Oregon State by 11 despite having to sit MO State's best player for most of the first half. And OSt only got a double-digit win due to shooting a cheap last- second layup instead of dribbling out the clock. They also have upcoming games against South Dakota, Zags, Missouri, and double conference games aginst tough Drake and UNI.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. That bracket also has Notre Dame as a 4 seed. If this whole bracket projection were current, it begs the question: Why schedule and play games?

Last edited:
What I have seen thus far in the league makes me think that Missouri and Florida are the two worst teams in the league Vandy and Ole Miss look to be better than expected. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and possibly Arkansas seem to be middle of the league teams. It has become obvious that teams can really pound Arkansas on the boards so they will have to shoot a high percentage to beat the better teams. Miss St no where dominant as they have been Texas A&M can be beaten when you get Carter having a bad shooting game which should happen at least four or five times. Kentucky hasn't impressed but some say they are really good and are ranked 14th so we'll see if they really are. SC looks like the clear best team in the league and if Tennessee had one more consistent three point shooter I would put us in the top three. Since that is not true we could still finish anywhere from three to six depending on how our offense develops as the season progresses. Finally Georgia looks weak to me and I think they should finish toward the bottom of the league.

Reactions: RollerVol
Just based on the SEC schedule I think South Carolina wins the SEC and don't see them losing more than two conference games. I think they probably only lose one.

SC 15-1
MISS ST 13-3
ARKANSAS 13-3
TENNESSEE 12-4
KENTUCKY 12-4
TEXAS A&M 11-5
LSU 10-6
ALABAMA 6-10
GEORGIA 6-10
VANDY 5-11
MISSOURI 3-13
FLORIDA 3-13
OLE MISS 1-15
AUBURN 1-15

Reactions: JustaChicken
Just based on the SEC schedule I think South Carolina wins the SEC and don't see them losing more than two conference games. I think they probably only lose one.

SC 15-1
MISS ST 13-3
ARKANSAS 13-3
TENNESSEE 12-4
KENTUCKY 12-4
TEXAS A&M 11-5
LSU 10-6
ALABAMA 6-10
GEORGIA 6-10
VANDY 5-11
MISSOURI 3-13
FLORIDA 3-13
OLE MISS 1-15
AUBURN 1-15

The thing that is going South Carolina's way, is not only how well they are playing or the talent, but also how the SEC schedule was set up favorably for them. They have 1 game vs Miss St. and it's in Columbia, 1 game vs TX A&M in Columbia, 1 gm vs Tenn. in Columbia, 1 gm vs LSU in Columbia, then have home & homes versus Arkansas and Kentucky. So that's all the teams in your projection to have winning SEC records this season, and USC will play 8 games against them in total, and 6 of them will be in Colonial Life Arena. So that's almost like getting the helping heap of icing on top of the cake.....

Worst case scenerio in my mind is tennessee finishing 11th or 12th in the sec and no ncaa tourny bid. It would set back the program years and recruiting would suffer big time. The way the team has been playing, this is a very real possibility and would be a huge dissapointment in kellies first year. Lets hope she can get them playing better because vandy and bama are just two bottom dweller sec teams that could easily beat tennessee. Lets hope they can at least get the opening game win against mizzou

The thing that is going South Carolina's way, is not only how well they are playing or the talent, but also how the SEC schedule was set up favorably for them. They have 1 game vs Miss St. and it's in Columbia, 1 game vs TX A&M in Columbia, 1 gm vs Tenn. in Columbia, 1 gm vs LSU in Columbia, then have home & homes versus Arkansas and Kentucky. So that's all the teams in your projection to have winning SEC records this season, and USC will play 8 games against them in total, and 6 of them will be in Colonial Life Arena. So that's almost like getting the helping heap of icing on top of the cake.....

South Carolina definitely has a more favorable SEC schedule, but I think they'd likely finish at the top even if their SEC schedule had been brutal. Honestly, I think their favorable schedule will be of most importance come the postseason. Either way they'd likely finish with the same number of wins, BUT, their lucky SEC draw will most certainly benefit them at the very time of the season when teams are really having to dig deep to find the energy to compete at the highest level in the NCAA Tournament. South Carolina will not have had to give quite as much blood in the lead-up to the Tournament, while some other SEC teams will have gone through a real energy-draining gauntlet.

Anything can happen, though. There's still a lot of ball to be played before then.

If they can overcome having DS as a HBC.... ya mean? They might get lucky again and UConn will trip up before they play in the big tourney.

If they can overcome having DS as a HBC.... ya mean? They might get lucky again and UConn will trip up before they play in the big tourney.
It's high time SC beat UCONN. Their chances of doing so are better this season than any previous ones in my opinion. IF they don't beat the huskies during the regular season It's not the end of the world, but that game will be far from a blowout either way.

uconn has improved big time from the start of the season..just like every year they lose players to graduation, one thinks they might have a down year, but they never have a down year. better get em this year tho, bc they bout to put on another 4 peat

VN Store

Back