Bring one player back from any era for this team ...

Doug Atkins...would be interesting to see how a throwback would fit in todays game

Atkins would destroy anyone he went up against. He'd probably be thrown out of a game for being too rough on today's players.
It's like Bill Curry's teammate said---"don't piss Atkins off and maybe he won't kill anyone"

The easy answer is Peyton but I would be afraid his ability to read defenses wouldn’t help him enough to get out of trouble with such a young offensive line. Dobbs’ legs would help but he isn’t consistent enough as a passer in my opinion so I would take Clausen all day long. He could throw it, was tough as nails and could scramble enough to get him out of trouble.

Reactions: volfanbill
D-Big John Henderson (he was a force of nature)
O -PM has been picked many times, Let's not forget the undefeated T!
We've been blessed with so many great players over the years, I hate to pick one or two guys, it makes me feel as if I'm slighting all the others..

Reactions: savannahfan
If the first name out of your keyboard isnt Peyton Manning...given the QB play we’ve witnessed this season...then you are too young to remember his greatness.

Other QBs have been good...no doubt...but PM is on a different level.

I know this will make some mad. But in a Tennessee uniform.... I would take Casey Clausen over Peyton if I could put a QB from the past on this years team.
Casey as a college QB was better than Peyton on game day. Dude had ice water in his veins.
Unlike Peyton who would get scared and choke when you needed him.

I’ve talked to a few coaches that were on support staff during Peyton’s time at Tennessee. The stories on how awesome Peyton was amaze me.
He had total recall. At halftime he could run through the plays Tennessee ran in order and the coverage the defense was in. IN THE ORDER THE PLAYS WERE CALLED! Just wow.

Just couldn’t trust him in the big games. And why Tennessee didn’t win titles with him.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I know this will make some mad. But in a Tennessee uniform.... I would take Casey Clausen over Peyton if I could put a QB from the past on this years team.
Casey as a college QB was better than Peyton on game day. Dude had ice water in his veins.
Unlike Peyton who would get scared and choke when you needed him.

Uh...no. And it isn’t even close.

And you don’t have to take my word on it. Take the NFL scouts.

Also, how many SEC titles did Clausen win?

Uh...no. And it isn’t even close.

And you don’t have to take my word on it. Take the NFL scouts.

Also, how many SEC titles did Clausen win?[/QUOTE

Talking college brother.

Peyton was a better NFL player. At Tennessee Peyton’s play in the games that mattered, was poor.

basically he was the first Tua.

Old topic probably BUT AL and PM
eric berry if Al not available
It makes me laugh that somehow your first choice isn’t available in your hypothetical. I agree that on offense, Peyton is always the choice. On defense, I’m going to go with Derek Barnett. We all know Al Wilson was the baddest man to ever play D at UT, but I think what we really need is someone up front who has the perfect combination of strength and motor.

Reactions: Vol_in_Japan

VN Store

Back