Fulmer Responds to Geno

I would humbly disagree. Player should have parameters that would allow a transfer, not just cause they want to.
You really hit the nail on the head. The NCAA rules are a mess. Way too arbitrary. They need to revisit the entire process.

Sorry Ladyvol777 but no, "We" all do not love that back stabbing Philbert . signed, Johnny Majors. never forget!
If it would bring us national championships, "back stab" away. Signed, most of Volnation. Always remember!

I disagree. As long as the school is willing to accept you, you should be able to transfer. Don't be naive thinking that these schools care about the student aspect of these kids. It's ridiculous they are punished because of the word "athlete". Most transfers are kids with good athletic talent trying to pursue a professional career in athletics. That is their degree. Transferring regularly would put them at a huge disadvantage of completing that pursuit. If they never get an educational degree, that is self punishment and not punishment from a group of people who have never met the said transfer. They should not be subject to the corrupt NCAA rules which are mostly in place for maximum profit.

You might like this: [VIDEO=]

So a kid should be able to transfer anytime they want for any reason, according to some of you, without any restrictions. That’s a good way to set someone up for failure in life. When it gets hard or seems unfair or whatever reason, just quit and go somewhere else. No commitment and no perseverance. Yea, a great combo.

Summit stopped the UConn series because of what Geno told a mother of a recruit in Georgia about Summit in order to gain favor on the recruit...all totally false. Summit was going through a divorce at the time. That complete and total story needs to be published.
I wasn’t aware of this. Tell us more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
So a kid should be able to transfer anytime they want for any reason, according to some of you, without any restrictions. That’s a good way to set someone up for failure in life. When it gets hard or seems unfair or whatever reason, just quit and go somewhere else. No commitment and no perseverance. Yea, a great combo.

The NCAA does not require coaches to sit out a year when they leave their existing contract for another school.

The NCAA does not require regular students to sit out a year of academics when they transfer to another school.

On transfers, students change all the time for all kinds of reasons, from homesickness, to not liking the environment, to concluding that another institutions was a better fit.

I know it feels to good to pound the moral drum about those "no good quitters" but in life, you actually don't get brownie points for staying in situations that make you unhappy or where you don't believe you can fulfill your potential.

If a player transfers, do you really believe that having to sit out a year is the moral lesson that will keep them from failure?

I guess when male college players, who exit for the NBA after one season, are on this path to perdition since they "quit" their universities without suffering some negative consequence.

The transfer portal is the crack in the door and the complaints about the arbitrary nature of these waivers is going to eventually push the NCAA to really loosening these restrictions.

The NCAA does not require coaches to sit out a year when they leave their existing contract for another school.

The NCAA does not require regular students to sit out a year of academics when they transfer to another school.

On transfers, students change all the time for all kinds of reasons, from homesickness, to not liking the environment, to concluding that another institutions was a better fit.

I know it feels to good to pound the moral drum about those "no good quitters" but in life, you actually don't get brownie points for staying in situations that make you unhappy or where you don't believe you can fulfill your potential.

If a player transfers, do you really believe that having to sit out a year is the moral lesson that will keep them from failure?

I guess when male college players, who exit for the NBA after one season, are on this path to perdition since they "quit" their universities without suffering some negative consequence.

The transfer portal is the crack in the door and the complaints about the arbitrary nature of these waivers is going to eventually push the NCAA to really loosening these restrictions.

The NCAA wouldn’t have anything to do with a regular student transferring because they are the National Collegiate Athletics Association😂 a reg student would be out of their jurisdiction

Also, we get it, you think she should be able to play. Well she can’t. That’s a done deal. Her case wasn’t strong enough according to the rules she knowingly signed when she committed to UT.

Also I dont have an issue at all with her sitting nor would I have an issue with her playing. HOWEVER if the situation was so toxic why didn’t we see others leave? Remember Kentucky? UNC? I don’t like that shady half way talk... her perception is her own and I respect that but I can’t respect her coach making it seem like she made it out that she was abused and UT should be shut down.

Plus, he said “Evina Westbrook isn’t going to get us a national championship” and he made it seem like it’s wrong for her to sit out! But in that same breath said she will use this time to HEAL ... Why in the HELL are u making a big deal about her playing if she is injured?

The NCAA wouldn’t have anything to do with a regular student transferring because they are the National Collegiate Athletics Association😂 a reg student would be out of their jurisdiction

Also, we get it, you think she should be able to play. Well she can’t. That’s a done deal. Her case wasn’t strong enough according to the rules she knowingly signed when she committed to UT.

Also I dont have an issue at all with her sitting nor would I have an issue with her playing. HOWEVER if the situation was so toxic why didn’t we see others leave? Remember Kentucky? UNC? I don’t like that shady half way talk... her perception is her own and I respect that but I can’t respect her coach making it seem like she made it out that she was abused and UT should be shut down.

Plus, he said “Evina Westbrook isn’t going to get us a national championship” and he made it seem like it’s wrong for her to sit out! But in that same breath said she will use this time to HEAL ... Why in the HELL are u making a big deal about her playing if she is injured?

Easy there mighty internet warrior. I was addressing the general rationale behind the transfer rules, but not Evina's specific case.

Also, we get it, you are really peeved at Evina but no where did I defend Geno-- quite the opposite actually if you look at my other post on the topic.

So, maybe read and think before lashing out

Easy there mighty internet warrior. I was addressing the general rationale behind the transfer rules, but not Evina's specific case.

Also, we get it, you are really peeved at Evina but no where did I defend Geno-- quite the opposite actually if you look at my other post on the topic.

So, maybe read and think before lashing out

I’m not peeved at her you can look at any of my posts I could careless if she played or not... I didn’t lash out either. I’m just stating facts nothing I said was untrue. She signed a LOI knowing if she transferred she might sit out. What she told Geno is what he reportedly is spewing forth. So I am and can read.

I will be the mighty internet warrior and you keep being the bleeding heart LOL looks like we both play our parts well😂

GB🍊

I’m not peeved at her you can look at any of my posts I could careless if she played or not... I didn’t lash out either. I’m just stating facts nothing I said was untrue. She signed a LOI knowing if she transferred she might sit out. What she told Geno is what he reportedly is spewing forth. So I am and can read.

I will be the mighty internet warrior and you keep being the bleeding heart LOL looks like we both play our parts well😂

GB🍊

Nothing in my prior post had anything to do with Evina's specific transfer situation. My heart is not bleeding either. For quite rational reasons, I believe the NCAA is a denizen of lousy and hypocritical rules that need to be reformed.

That opinion, however, concerns the long term not immediate circumstances.

So, your assertion that I am advocating for Evina to play immediately is not factually accurate.

Nothing in my prior post had anything to do with Evina's specific transfer situation. My heart is not bleeding either. For quite rational reasons, I believe the NCAA is a denizen of lousy and hypocritical rules that need to be reformed.

That opinion, however, concerns the long term not immediate circumstances.

So, your assertion that I am advocating for Evina to play immediately is not factually accurate.

I never said you were advocating for Evina just called you a bleeding heart like you called me an internet warrior. You took my up front nature as aggressive just like I took your rational of the rules of the NCAA that have been set in place for years as you wanting the athletes to be able to play because coaches don’t have to sit. Well those are the rules and all athletes sign the LOIs knowing that.

Anyways have a great evening GB🍊

At least you're straight forward and to the point. 50 years ago I lived in Conn and went to school there. Geno fortunately doesn't represent the state. There are some good people there.
We may have been there at the same time. I lived in Storrs, went to UCONN and worked at Brand Rex in Willimantic in the early and mid 70's.

Reactions: Chippo
UT did nothing to hinder her transfer. Geno is mad because NCAA rules made her sit out a year. He appealed it and was turned down.
So, the same as Plavsic. Why is Barnes not throwing a hissy fit? Oh yea, Barnes is not a punk and clown but a professional. I think from now on my morning dump will be called taking a geno.

So, the same as Plavsic. Why is Barnes not throwing a hissy fit? Oh yea, Barnes is not a punk and clown but a professional. I think from now on my morning dump will be called taking a geno.
Our coaches know how to conduct themselves in handling transfers. Geno is a
small man in a big world. UConn needs to
get rid of him and hire someone who can conduct themselves accordingly. He's probably the laughing stock of his peers who
coach women's basketball.

Reactions: beamerman
I disagree. As long as the school is willing to accept you, you should be able to transfer. Don't be naive thinking that these schools care about the student aspect of these kids. It's ridiculous they are punished because of the word "athlete". Most transfers are kids with good athletic talent trying to pursue a professional career in athletics. That is their degree. Transferring regularly would put them at a huge disadvantage of completing that pursuit. If they never get an educational degree, that is self punishment and not punishment from a group of people who have never met the said transfer. They should not be subject to the corrupt NCAA rules which are mostly in place for maximum profit.
There are transfer rules from middle school level on up.

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.

VN Store

Back