Hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing, camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. Show me your pictures

In the 80s I did a lot of solo hiking in the Smokies... and always had a concern about running into a wacko on the trails. There was a period there, where several folks were attacked and beaten pretty severely on the trails.

I would agree that carrying something to defend yourself or others in your group is a good idea, more so in this day and age.

The hip is next.
giphy.gif

Still debating between a camper shell and a whole truck.
I understand. I'm waiting for an awd gas/electric hybrid that averages 40+ mpg on paved roads, ~500 mile range, and can tow a minimum of 5000 lbs. Less than a bus-sized RV, but more than a panel van. There ought to be one or more in the next five years...

I understand. I'm waiting for an awd gas/electric hybrid that averages 40+ mpg on paved roads, ~500 mile range, and can tow a minimum of 5000 lbs. Less than a bus-sized RV, but more than a panel van. There ought to be one or more in the next five years...

I was tent camping last weekend and the folks in the next space rolled up in a pop top van. Setting up my tent and dragging all the crap out of the car to put in it, I will admit to being a bit jelly.

Reactions: VolNExile
Has anyone owned or at least camped in a teardrop trailer?

We keep talking about one, if only as a test of our marriage, lol.

Those are pretty cool but won’t go some of the places we want to go
We like the idea of the vehicles serving as the grown-up voices of reality when we’ve done a bit too much fantasizing!

We mainly want an alternative to sleeping on the ground, as getting up from lying on tree roots is brutal at ages 65 and 69.

Reactions: Tin Man
We like the idea of the vehicles serving as the grown-up voices of reality when we’ve done a bit too much fantasizing!

We mainly want an alternative to sleeping on the ground, as getting up from lying on tree roots is brutal at ages 65 and 69.

this is our thought as well. We both just turned 50 and the ground isn’t what it used to be

Reactions: hog88 and VolNExile

VN Store

Back