Elijah Simmons Redshirt

No, two of the next 3......assuming the bowl game is 3.....he cant play in one of them....shouldn't be a big deal considering he hasn't played much this season....I know Pruitt has said he recently earned a spot on the goal line package..

I personally think the expectations were too high for him this season....I would say "let the kid continue to grow"....but I'd get blasted......He'll have to be consistent and conditioned next season....He'll be a contributor to be excited about next season.

Reactions: VolnJC and Remy
I personally think the expectations were too high for him this season....I would say "let the kid continue to grow"....but I'd get blasted......He'll have to be consistent and conditioned next season....He'll be a contributor to be excited about next season.
He was an unheralded three star when he committed. For some reason that I cannot pinpoint , I always thought he was going to be a force and Vol favorite before he finished his career here. I’m actively pulling for him to succeed here.

He was an unheralded three star when he committed. For some reason that I cannot pinpoint , I always thought he was going to be a force and Vol favorite before he finished his career here. I’m actively pulling for him to succeed here.

Saw him on the volwalk.......he's probably 6-0 at best( probably shorter).....To be completely honest, he may end up being a good player for us, but he's not gonna be a great/NFL type player...(even though I realize he can slam dunk a bball)

Does it depend if the bowl game is before or after 1/1/2020 which starts a new year?

I would rather use him both regular season games. If he helps is being 7-5 that's more important than winning a pointless bowl game. He should be taking practicing seriously regardless. We need to establish ourself in the SEC east before we do anything else.

Saw him on the volwalk.......he's probably 6-0 at best( probably shorter).....To be completely honest, he may end up being a good player for us, but he's not gonna be a great/NFL type player...(even though I realize he can slam dunk a bball)
247 and UT official roster both have him listed at 6'2. No offense but I'll take their word over someone who saw him at the vol walk.

Reactions: Remy
247 and UT official roster both have him listed at 6'2. No offense but I'll take their word over someone who saw him at the vol walk.

Besides, JJ Watt thought he had plenty of size to play in the NFL, I'm going with JJ.

Reactions: arkivol

That right? What makes you so sure?

Maybe he can lose about 100 pounds and be a “Sewell” type ILB.

Hey, thanks alot man! I meant less than 5 games (as in they're allowed 4. Right?)....I appreciate the list bc I was especially interested in Aaron Beasley, Kenny Solomon, Roman Harrison, Tyus Fields....I've saw a few of those kids sparingly this season, especially on special teams, but wasn't sure which were penciled in to RS......Having the luxury to RS good players is one of the characteristics of an elite college football team...Thanks again
No problem. I get what you were saying now. Thanks for passing on a golden opportunity to question my reading comprehension.

I guess this a freshman list. Is it possible that sophomores and juniors can redshirt if they do not play over 4 games and have not redshirted before. If yes, do we have a list for those players?
I just happened upon the freshmen report. I don't know of a place to get a list of non-freshmen, but I snooped around the roster on UTsports.com and you can look at individuals. Other than injuries (Gooden and Buchanan) and freshmen (which were already covered), I see:
(3) Carlin Fils-aime RB Sr.
(4) Brandon Johnson WR Sr. (confirmed redshirt)
(0) Nick Humphrey LB Jr.

Reactions: Mightyvol
Did someone actually measure him, or just saw him walking in the park and guess?
Barkley was listed at 6’6 at Auburn and in the NBA but was actually thought to be 6’4.5 or about the same as Michael Jordan’s real height.

Did someone actually measure him, or just saw him walking in the park and guess?

Trying to explain to K-Town that the size in the program is usually not very precise. When these players attend the NFL combine, sometimes they can shrink 2-3 inches. I'd give E.S. 6-0.......That's not a slight because I also think he's going to be a good player for us...I don't think he's going to be an NFL prospect though...

Over half of NFL combine participants are significantly shorter than listed on their college rosters

Last edited:
I just happened upon the freshmen report. I don't know of a place to get a list of non-freshmen, but I snooped around the roster on UTsports.com and you can look at individuals. Other than injuries (Gooden and Buchanan) and freshmen (which were already covered), I see:
Would like to have seen CFA get some more playing time, but it hasn’t worked out. He’s made some nice runs when he’s had opportunities. I wonder if he will come back for another season?

Reactions: Quaint88

VN Store

Back