Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. Tenn. State

Really good postgame interview from Kellie. No excuses, pointed out the letdown in effort in practice yesterday and game tonight, talked about turnovers and not boxing out, talked to team about difference between good teams and great teams.

Really poised, encouraging to team while expressing disappointment and dissatisfaction in overall execution without berating individuals. Said they were looking forward to the days ahead to get back to work and improve each day.

This staff will get the best out of the players, and the players are buying in. Let's all do our part to stay supportive while they grow.

Great to be a Lady Vol fan...and fan of Tenn athletics altogether.

Also, congrats to Coach Barnes, who currently has the #4 signing class for 2020.

Not surprised, Kellie Coaching well. Where is the interview? Link?

Reactions: lvocd

Post-Game Presser

When asked about Geno’s comments.. “I’m only here now, but the 12 players I’m working with have bought in. They play hard. They practice hard. They have good team chemistry. So from my viewpoint Tennessee is a great place to be a student athlete.”

You could see in her face she had much more she would like to say, but is too dignified to do it in public. Lol.

Post-Game Presser

When asked about Geno’s comments.. “I’m only here now, but the 12 players I’m working with have bought in. They play hard. They practice hard. They have good team chemistry. So from my viewpoint Tennessee is a great place to be a student athlete.”

You could see in her face she had much more she would like to say, but is too dignified to do it in public. Lol.

Audio for me is terrible......can't understand what's being said.

At least she doesn't wear the ugly pants suits that Holly wore:D
Okay, here is a thought. Unless you have worn a skirt, panty hose and or high heels you should abstain from commenting on past or current coach’s attire. We could make an exception for any of our gentlemen who would like to share pictures of themselves in a pair of sensible pumps😏

When she has earned it like the legend did .... I will be glad to call her just "Kellie" and I believe that day will come.

can only speak for myself....... until then she will be "Coach K" to me ..
So wrong! That name is as well associated with a legend, and it is an embarrassment for you to promote it.

Post-Game Presser

Thanks for posting. At least there was closed caption for Kellie’s interview here, but not at the utsports.com, but none for the players.

Glad Saunders got to play some tonight didn't play to bad. She catches the ball fairly well. She can't get two inches off the ground but she knows how to make a layup.
Maybe coach Harper will have Saunders & Key in the game at the same time. And have Horston at point passing the ball to them.

Both of them with hands up ready to catch and score. Using the backboard to make sure the bball goes thru the net.

So wrong! That name is as well associated with a legend, and it is an embarrassment for you to promote it.
"embarrassment" ? LOL ... are you even serious ? do you think ESPN is gonna lead Sportscenter tomorrow with this ? holy crap ... Scott Van Pelt is working on the story tonight... he probably won't get any sleep. Lady Vol message board poster commits blasphemy by calling Kellie Harper "Coach K" .... LMAO !!!

and as far as me "promoting" this .... thank you for considering that i am able to
exert such powerful influence in the sports world .. LOL ... the dog is rolling in the floor and won't stop laughing at that nonsense.

Tell you what I am going to do .... I am going to call Durham and talk to someone at Duke to find out if Mike Krzyzewski has any objection to me calling Kellie Harper "Coach K" and if he does I will call her "Coach Kellie" .... but if he doesn't i will continue to call her "Coach K" . I promise I will let you know what I find out and if there is no problem, i will expect you to call her "Coach K" also.

(W.TN.Orange Blood -- i tagged you because i wanted you to read this post since we discussed this last night)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back