Vols ranked 55th in CBS top 100 poll

17th? Are you kidding, we should be above FL for sure, if we played them today, we'd beat them by 26 points.

I don't care if they beat us or not-GaS shouldn't be ranked above us!! I don't care if they beat us 50 times, we should be ranked higher than they are, no matter what!!!!
And the same goes for BYU-I don't care if they beat us or not.

Makes perfect sense. Solid logic.

When your passing offense is 87th and your rushing offense is 102nd...you might find it hard to crack a meaningful ranking (top 25).

55th? Downright depressing. I think we’re a good bit better right now than the 55th best team in the country.
I think we are a much better team today than we were at the beginning of the season. Sometimes we have played like a good football team and sometimes we play like a young inexperienced football team, especially at the QB position. We are very short on talented depth at almost every position and have not been able to cover up that problem. I want to see what happens after the bye week at the positions where we lost players to injury. If we win out , including a bowl game, I think we would be in the top 25-30 teams in the Country. For me, I will have to wait and see before I put them in my top 25.

Last edited:
That’s an even bigger joke, Miss St at 26? Someone trying to hype up an easy win for bama so they can then say they beat a good team. Also SC is 32 while we are 34 with a win over them and a better record than both of them.

Them rankings are garbage. They still have Bammer ranked over LSU

It's a long steep mountain we have to climb back up to the top my friends.

The good thing is that we're finally starting to climb back up it.

It may take a few more years and recruiting classes but when we get back to the top of the mountain it will be well worth it!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: alaVOL
WE'RE 55TH, WE'RE 55TH...well, better than we were...those ratings are purely for entertainment purposes only...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MIZZOU!

To add insult to injury, look who's ranked above us. (The two right above)
They deserve it. We **** the bed against them both. But I am really proud of the strides our boys are making. I think Pruitt could be the one who restores us. A long way to go though.

The worst part is they put FSU ahead of us. BYU and Ga St have made their case but FSU is just garbage

But I do think it’s funny everyone had Nebraska as a top 25 team to start the season and they aren’t even top 75 in this ranking.
I don't know about "Everyone" and Nebraska, but we had some real experts on this very board, that were willing to insult you, if you didn't agree that Florida shouldn't be a top 10 school, and by mid season they wouldn't even be in the top 20!!!! It's okay, because it lets you know for future ref, who is Not the Expert that they think they are!!

Arky #119

Believe that is the lowest I have ever seen a SEC team rated. But have to say well deserved from the little I have seen of them.
After Chattanooga we were #93! But before Chattanooga, we were #91(week two), as bad as we were, we still weren't as bad as Arkansas! So, we have that going for us, not to mention we've gone from #93 all the way to #55-that's a big, big move up.

VN Store

Back