Its time to land a big time RB!!!

keenobserver

I understand the D line is in dire need of run stoppers and pass rushers....I agree it's probably our most pressing need. However, I really believe it's time we sign a feature RB that's gonna be able to compliment what might end up being an elite OL in a few years. Ty and Tim have one more year and Gray is gonna be an awesome scat back/homerun guy...I know the Maryville kid is talented, but I've heard he lacks the athleticism that you'd like for a great SEC/future NFL back...Why cant we haul in one of those 6-0 215/225 lb 4/5 stars that TN was known for during the golden years?

RB is a position that you don't have to sign alot of every year...Since it doesn't seem like we've done this in the 2020 class, shouldn't the staff find who they think are the 5 best RBs in the country in the 2021 class and ask each one who wants to play early for one of the best OLs in the country...and tell each of them we're only gonna sign one of you so you better jump on board..

Last edited:
I understand the D line is in dire need of run stoppers and pass rushers....I agree it's probably our most pressing need. However, I really believe it's time we sign a feature RB that's gonna be able to compliment what might end up being an elite OL in a few years. Ty and Tim have one more year and Grey is gonna be an awesome scat back/homerun guy...I know the Maryville kid is talented, but I've heard he lacks the athleticism that you'd like for a great SEC/future NFL back...Why cant we haul in one of those 6-0 215 lb 4/5 stars that TN was known for during the golden years?

RB is a position that you don't have to sign alot of every year...Since it doesn't seem like we've done this in the 2020 class, shouldn't the staff find who they think are the 5 best RBs in the country in the 2021 class and ask each one who wants to play early for one of the best OLs in the country...and tell each of them we're only gonna sign one of you so you better jump on board..

Who is this guy? But yes we do need a big time running back. However, recent recruiting trends show we are looking for a big running back. As long as they have speed and athleticism and can be coached I don’t care what their star level is.

Reactions: RollerVol

Appreciate it...waiting on someone to interpret it as a slight to Kamara, Ty, Tim, or Eric.....Ty and Tim have really gotten better between the tackles....But just dont have enough lead in the butt....There are those with Chandler speed that teams hate to have to tackle....I can think of 6-7 during the Fulmer era.

Last edited:
Who is this guy? But yes we do need a big time running back. However, recent recruiting trends show we are looking for a big running back. As long as they have speed and athleticism and can be coached I don’t care what their star level is.

We have guys with speed and athleticism...

Would rather have a RB who could pass block, and some more "big uglies" to pave the way when he does run. JMO

I understand the D line is in dire need of run stoppers and pass rushers....I agree it's probably our most pressing need. However, I really believe it's time we sign a feature RB that's gonna be able to compliment what might end up being an elite OL in a few years. Ty and Tim have one more year and Grey is gonna be an awesome scat back/homerun guy...I know the Maryville kid is talented, but I've heard he lacks the athleticism that you'd like for a great SEC/future NFL back...Why cant we haul in one of those 6-0 215 lb 4/5 stars that TN was known for during the golden years?

1573601309101.gif

doit.gif

Was going to say the same thing. I'd say sign him up for 5-10 carries a game and let him keep his day job as LB.

I think they want to use him at RB in goalline situations. He was the RB behind JG on the infamous 'JG goes rogue' play against Bama.

VN Store

Back