'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Four-star Class of 2020 offensive lineman Cooper Mays of Knoxville (Tenn.) Catholic High School, who has been committed to Tennessee since June, said he received an in-home visit Sunday from Pruitt, offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and offensive line coach Will Friend.

The 6-foot-2.5, 280-pound Mays said the Vols' coaches "stopped and ate dinner" at his house, spending time with him and his family after Mays returned to nearby Tennessee on Saturday for its regular-season finale against Vanderbilt.

Cooper plans to sign early and enroll in January.

Tennessee’s first in-state 2020 commit spent a lot of time with UT coaches over the weekend. Cooper Mays was in attendance for UT’s 28-10 season-finale victory over Vanderbilt Saturday and had dinner with ‘the big three’ Sunday night as he hosted Vol coaches for his in-home visit. “Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt, [Jim] Chaney and [Will] Friend all came over last night for dinner,” Mays said. “It was nice – nothing really groundbreaking because I already know the staff pretty well. It was just good to catch up with all of them again.”
“I’m really excited and content with my decision to attend UT. I have full confidence in it and really can’t wait to get over there and get to work.”

“I weighed in this morning at 289 pounds, so I guess I’m up 49 pounds from where I finished last year. It’s really helped me improve my power. That was really the last thing I needed to sharpen because the athleticism and football IQ has always been there.”
“They think I can come in and make a pretty strong impact early on, but I never asked them when I was going to play. I’m not that kind of guy. I’d rather come in and work hard and feel things out as they come. “I think as an offensive line, we can help improve on this year’s group. I really think this year the offensive line was one of the strengths of the offense and the team. I’m hoping I can help improve it even more by adding myself into the mix.”
“I really talk to all of them, but I keep up with some of the in-state guys like Tee Hodge and Keyshawn Lawrence pretty regularly. Harrison Bailey, too, even though he’s not local.” "When things were bad, we encouraged each other to stay the course and to not lose faith. At worst-case scenario, we knew we could come in and play early to help turn this thing around.”
-VQ

Mainstay recruit! Needed him after our beginning of the season. On a “lighter” note, how much of Mama Mays cooking talent was taxed with preparing vittles for her regular OL family, Pruitt, Friend and THEN CHANEY shows up?

Pruitt
cornbread.gif

Friend
tumblr_omdep9vw9d1v6bo9ro5_400.gifv

CHANEY
1575313447725.jpeg

VN Store

Back