'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Immediate 3rd stringer at best.
Are you serious? Our defensive line will be average at best in 2020 and even 2nd/3rd string players can be significant contributors. The starting defensive line doesn’t play every down of the season

Are you serious? Our defensive line will be average at best in 2020 and even 2nd/3rd string players can be significant contributors. The starting defensive line doesn’t play every down of the season
Are you serious? We get every single person back on our DL next year and we get Gooden back as well. What the heck are you talking about

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m about 99% sure that wasn’t a public post and was rather a direct message. Also a lot of things can change in a week, and if what made him pick Auburn over Tennessee was money than we should be blaming the coaching staff for not matching the offer rather than bashing a 17 year old kid. Our program isn’t in the position to not swallow their pride. IF he has a change of heart I’m sure the staff would accept him. How is what he did any different than what Eric Gray did or Da’Rick Rogers, Josh Dobbs, etc. Commitments mean NOTHING. These kids don’t own these universities anything until they step foot on campus and start their education they’re given. Yes I know a lot of them are getting degrees that won’t do much for them in the long run, but you get the point. Yeah it sucks we haven’t gotten hit (yet) possibly, but if we flipped a 4-5 star guy from another school on ESD/NSD all of these idiots would praise that player, and what that recruit(s) would be doing is no different. If he decides he wants to be a Vol Pruitt and company wouldn’t hesitate to take him

You think I’m talking about that fake post? Lol. You obviously don’t follow recruiting.

He literally told our coaches he was going to commit to Tennessee and told all of his future teammates he was going to commit to Tennessee and in the same week flipped that to Auburn to the shock of everyone on the Tennessee side.

So again. Since you want to be on some type of weird High Horse. The kid lied to everyone. I do not want a kid who has no integrity and who doesn’t want to be there to play football at The University of Tennessee.

I was about to post how good our d line is gonna be next year... everybody is back, Gooden is back, simmons a year older, a couple of good 2020 guys. Get after it next year and pull some dudes.. Im looking forward to DL next year myself

Deadly serious! You been watching the games? We ain’t losing anybody and we’re getting back Gooden! Either he or Emerson will man DE/DT in some packages. We’re basically 3 deep now. He flips and he immediately SITS and develops on this roster.

You think I’m talking about that fake post? Lol. You obviously don’t follow recruiting.

He literally told our coaches he was going to commit to Tennessee and told all of his future teammates he was going to commit to Tennessee and in the same week flipped that to Auburn to the shock of everyone on the Tennessee side.

So again. Since you want to be on some type of weird High Horse. The kid lied to everyone. I do not want a kid who has no integrity and who doesn’t want to be there to play football at The University of Tennessee.
So I guess every player we’ve flipped on NSD from other schools have no integrity right? Give me a break. These kids are 17-18 years old. There are kids that age that change outfits multiple times a day. You mean to tell me that if you were at 17-18 year old kid and someone offered your family money you wouldn’t take it? Because that’s likely what happened, and you can’t blame that on him. If you want to bash Auburn for paying him to come there you can do that. Hell you can even bash our boosters for not doing the same, but don’t put it on him. If I got offered 5 or even 6 figures to play football for a program that quite frankly is in much better shape and get an education I’d do it too, and so would every single person on this site

Deadly serious! You been watching the games? We ain’t losing anybody and we’re getting back Gooden! Either he or Emerson will man DE/DT in some packages. We’re basically 3 deep now. He flips and he immediately SITS and develops on this roster.
Not at DE we’re not, Bennett and Johnson are the only players returning that have done anything on the field, and they really didn’t get any pass rushers last year besides Crouch

So I guess every player we’ve flipped on NSD from other schools have no integrity right? Give me a break. These kids are 17-18 years old. There are kids that age that change outfits multiple times a day. You mean to tell me that if you were at 17-18 year old kid and someone offered your family money you wouldn’t take it? Because that’s likely what happened, and you can’t blame that on him. If you want to bash Auburn for paying him to come there you can do that. Hell you can even bash our boosters for not doing the same, but don’t put it on him. If I got offered 5 or even 6 figures to play football for a program that quite frankly is in much better shape and get an education I’d do it too, and so would every single person on this site
The kid has been clowning us on social media since his little flip stunt. Keep up or bow out Cody.

Reported for having perspective. Please put your orange colored glasses back on sir.

Not at DE we’re not, Bennett and Johnson are the only players returning that have done anything on the field, and they really didn’t get any pass rushers last year besides Crouch
You’re thinking about OLB pal. And in that regard you’re right. Gonna look something like:
Johnson/French
To’oto’to/Eason
Crouch/JJP
Bennett/Roman

DL won’t be as big of a problem as linebacker with Bituli graduating. Vols will have to replace Taylor, Bituli, and Warrior next season and that’s NOT going to be easy. It may take several games to get replacements up to the challenge. Fortunately, the DL should at least be solid.

Reactions: UTSuave’
DL won’t be as big of a problem as linebacker with Bituli graduating. Vols will have to replace Taylor, Bituli, and Warrior next season and that’s NOT going to be easy. It may take several games to get replacements up to the challenge. Fortunately, the DL should at least be solid.
I'm less concerned about safety and that's not too take away from what warrior has done this second half of the season. But mcollough is getting valuable experience... And we haven't even seen fields yet. We have options is what I'm getting at.

Lb will be young... But talented.

DL should be the strength.

Yes, I can blame him lol. I don’t care if you are 17 or 18 or whatever. If you aren’t sure you are going to go to a University don’t tell that University the week of your commitment that you are definitely picking them and then change it at the last minute. Now GTFOH.

You’re thinking about OLB pal. And in that regard you’re right. Gonna look something like:
Johnson/French
To’oto’to/Eason
Crouch/JJP
Bennett/Roman
I’ve yet to see Peterson make a single play since he’s been on campus. Also French and Eason haven’t played a single down in college and Hank is an ILB. Also no, the Jack is just one edge rusher. There still has to be someone on the other side and that’s the other DE. Because with the way football is now a majority of the defensive personnel comes out in a 3-3-5/4-2-5 defense unless it’s on short yardage run plays when the offense comes out in a 2 WR set. So yes I think it’s safe to say we will have a significant depth and issue at our pass rushing positions. Whatever technicality you want to call them we don’t currently have them lined up for next year outside of our 2 starters

I'm less concerned about safety and that's not too take away from what warrior has done this second half of the season. But mcollough is getting valuable experience... And we haven't even seen fields yet. We have options is what I'm getting at.

Lb will be young... But talented.

DL should be the strength.
Warrior wasn’t even a player to be missed until about midseason. Almost like he was developed and coached up? Those guys are coming back btw.

VN Store

Back