Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Lol y'all the MD vs SC game was terrible. My goodness.

Frese is a poor decision maker. Indeed there were atrocious calls, but why continue to drive and pass inside instead of taking jumpers and outside shots? Lucky that South Carolina missed so many of their own, because Maryland couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight. I will say that Ashley Owusu has one of the best handles I've seen (though makes iffy decisions as a freshman). Will be exciting to see her develop.

Maryland is consistently overranked, imo. I'm glad they got exposed this early in the season.

Frese is a poor decision maker. Indeed there were atrocious calls, but why continue to drive and pass inside instead of taking jumpers and outside shots? Lucky that South Carolina missed so many of their own, because Maryland couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight. I will say that Ashley Owusu has one of the best handles I've seen (though makes iffy decisions as a freshman). Will be exciting to see her develop.

Maryland is consistently overranked, imo. I'm glad they got exposed this early in the season.

I only watched the first first quarter. It got sloppy, eh? Not surprising this early in the season.

And yeah, I really like Owusu.

I agree with your interpretation lol.

I was impressed with Owusu for the most part as well. She reminds me of Chelsea Gray, she’s super strong and has a great handle. With some more minutes she’ll be a beast.

Reactions: lvocd
I only watched the first first quarter. It got sloppy, eh? Not surprising this early in the season.

And yeah, I really like Owusu.
Sloppy? Hell, it looked like a rugby match out there with all the scrambling and scrapping on the floor going on. Again, I put this on Frese though, as I've never really been impressed with what she does with her recruitment classes.

Reactions: lvocd
This entire thread is dedicated to non-lady vol posts for those who like to keep up with everything. BUBear is one of the most genuine and kind posters on this forum. When I created this thread it was for people just like him/her. Please, take your salty self back over to cockytalk.
I swear I'm not salty at all. I just don't see any other fans of other teams posting their highlights on this forum. My fault tho, I will stand down.

Sc vs maryland are 1 for 22 from the three SC 0 of 7 and Maryland 1 of 15. Other than Boston the three freshmen starting are like 4 of 29 for SC. SC getting to the line is the difference in the game 16 free throws made to 7 for maryland.
Duke and A&M a four point game A&M leading at half.
Middle Tenn has a great opportunity to best KY game is about even now KY I bet is looking forward to Patterson.
Florida getting all they want from Longwood.
SEC is looking wide open to me. The team that can develop their younger players and get their older players playing efficiently could run through the SEC.

UConn over California 72 to 61. UConn 21 Free throw attempts to 4 for California.
I respectfully disagree. I don't think the SEC is wide open this year. But could be a toss up between Miss State, A&M & SC

Reactions: SCspur
I agree with your interpretation lol.

I was impressed with Owusu for the most part as well. She reminds me of Chelsea Gray, she’s super strong and has a great handle. With some more minutes she’ll be a beast.
What'd you all think of SC's freshmen? Maryland returned all 5 starters this year plus their #3 recruiting class. They whipped SC in Columbia last year

What'd you all think of SC's freshmen? Maryland returned all 5 starters this year plus their #3 recruiting class. They whipped SC in Columbia last year
Boston is very impressive, probably going to be the best post in her class in the SEC. SC had an offensive flow and confidence (independent of the poor shooting) and I'd say they easily take the conference ring this season and likely next.

This could end up being Dawn’s best team ever. I’m blown away by how good Boston looked this early in the season. Gamecock fans must be stoked!

Truth is, neither of us knows what she’s saying to those players whenever she shows up when recruits are on campus for visits. While we don’t know that she’s asking them to attend Connectucut, we also don’t know that she’s not. Frankly, I simply don’t trust Connecticut to comply with NCAA rules.
Yes, because they have had so many recruiting violations.

This entire thread is dedicated to non-lady vol posts for those who like to keep up with everything. BUBear is one of the most genuine and kind posters on this forum. When I created this thread it was for people just like him/her. Please, take your salty self back over to cockytalk.
Thank you. Although I'm a member here I am still a guest in Vol Nation and attempt to be as respectful as possible.

Yes, because they have had so many recruiting violations.
Just because a program hasn’t been nailed for recruiting violations it doesn’t mean they haven’t been getting away with committing them.

Only a few times ever has a major D1 football or basketball program been investigated for, found guilty of, and paid the price for, NCAA recruiting violations, yet we all know they happen all the time. Every day. Money for players. Businesses for players’ parents. Cars for both. Pocket money from boosters.

Just because few ever get caught, it doesn't mean it doesn’t happen.

Just because a program hasn’t been nailed for recruiting violations it doesn’t mean they haven’t been getting away with committing them.

Only a few times ever has a major D1 football or basketball program been investigated for, found guilty of, and paid the price for, NCAA recruiting violations, yet we all know they happen all the time. Every day. Money for players. Businesses for players’ parents. Cars for both. Pocket money from boosters.

Just because few ever get caught, it doesn't mean it doesn’t happen.
So not true. A few times?

96 Division I colleges violated major NCAA rules in last decade

Reactions: brassie
So 96 is a lot to you? Fewer than 10 a year? Out of all the rampant cheating that goes on? lol!!!!

Look, I understand why you don’t want to believe that your guy is a cheater. I wouldn’t want people thinking my people are cheaters. I’m just fortunate that none of my people have the reputation for doing it that your guy does. I know that hurts. Sorry. (Not sorry.)

I respectfully disagree. I don't think the SEC is wide open this year. But could be a toss up between Miss State, A&M & SC
That may be the way it turns out then again we have two players that if they develop during the season like I think they will Tennessee gonna give teams hell this year. They may not get to where I think they will, but they have tremendous ability and if they do develop their games and the veterans play to their ability were gonna be hard to handle,

Reactions: mlindsay
P.S. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel so much better now that I know that in 2010 the NCAA got the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley for impermissible calls. And I was absolutely shocked -- SHOCKED!!! -- that Alabama got dinged for impermissible textbooks in 2009. Everyone knows that during that decade Alabama was perfect in every way in every sport and it was a crying shame that someone slipped up and did that ONE terrible thing that made the list.

P.S. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel so much better now that I know that in 2010 the NCAA got the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley for impermissible calls. And I was absolutely shocked -- SHOCKED!!! -- that Alabama got dinged for impermissible textbooks in 2009. Everyone knows that during that decade Alabama was perfect in every way in every sport and it was a crying shame that someone slipped up and did that ONE terrible thing that made the list.
You mean they use textbooks at alabama learned something new today.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
So 96 is a lot to you? Fewer than 10 a year? Out of all the rampant cheating that goes on? lol!!!!

Look, I understand why you don’t want to believe that your guy is a cheater. I wouldn’t want people thinking my people are cheaters. I’m just fortunate that none of my people have the reputation for doing it that your guy does. I know that hurts. Sorry. (Not sorry.)

Breamber Scott leaving Mississippi State
That's old news. She has been nowhere to be seen this far this season.

She was an important part of the team last season once Bibby went down, but with Chloe back and Rickea signed, it will be hard for her to get off the bench. But whoever signs her will get a darn good player.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

VN Store

Back