Thinking ahead

tncolt55

I know I’m getting ahead of myself but I can’t help but worry about all the talent/leadership we are about to lose. Trey Smith will most likely jump to the nfl, Marquez, Jennings, Taylor, Butuli, warrior and many more. We are going to have to have some young guys step up big time next year. I have faith in coach Pruitt and his staff for sure but that is a lot of talent to have to replace.

Most likely, can’t hardly blame him after the way our fan base has treated him. I get it some of it he earned but he is a good kid and has handled it with maturity thus far.

I'm not going this far. Kid has his ups and downs and deserves credit but maturity???? Body language, selfishness, eye rolls etc etc. I do think sitting his a** on the bench has been the biggest development of his career. Hopefully that lesson sticks.

I'm not going this far. Kid has his ups and downs and deserves credit but maturity???? Body language, selfishness, eye rolls etc etc. I do think sitting his a** on the bench has been the biggest development of his career. Hopefully that lesson sticks.
Just saying I’ve seen kids handle it a lot worse cough cough jalen Hurd.

I know I’m getting ahead of myself but I can’t help but worry about all the talent/leadership we are about to lose. Trey Smith will most likely jump to the nfl, Marquez, Jennings, Taylor, Butuli, warrior and many more. We are going to have to have some young guys step up big time next year. I have faith in coach Pruitt and his staff for sure but that is a lot of talent to have to replace.
Happens every 3-5 years.

I have faith we will have defensive players ready. Where I am concerned is the WR position. Losing Callaway’s talent and Jennings’ heart will be big

Reactions: Ratvol
20 reasons I'm not worried that our seniors are leaving us:

Yes, we'll lose some very impactful players after this season, guys like Jauan Jennings and Daniel Bituli. Strong players, and strong leaders. We will miss them.

But we're gonna be fine. Because this happens to every team, every year, and new leaders, new studs, have a way of emerging.

And we already know we've got several of those, because they have already begun their emergence.

So...the 20 reasons I'm not worried:
  • Aubrey Solomon
  • Darel Middleton
  • Henry To'o To'o
  • Quavaris Crouch
  • Bryce Thompson
  • Alontae Taylor
  • Jarrett Guarantano (don't count so fast on him leaving for Rutgers)
  • Brian Maurer
  • JT Shrout
  • Ty Chandler
  • Tim Jordan
  • Josh Palmer
  • Brandon Johnson
  • Trey Smith (maybe...okay, maybe not, but still maybe)
  • Brandon Kennedy (maybe)
  • Darnell Wright
  • Wanya Morris
  • Brent Cimaglia
  • Joe Doyle
  • Paxton Brooks
And that doesn't even count some of the youngest players who came in as heralded recruits or transfers

Not all twenty of those listed will emerge as strong leaders, but that's okay, it only takes a few on each side of the ball. All have the potential to become real play-makers, and leaders-by-action, showing the younger kids how to practice, how to strive for excellence, how to win.

So yep, not too worried. With this coaching staff to develop and guide them, we're going to be just fine.

Go Vols!

p.s. And this is critically important: before you can be a good team leader, you have to be a good team member. And the Vols took a HUGE step forward in that regard this year. All those young men have been learning, all season long, how to be good team members. What it feels like to meld into something that adds up to more than all of you put together, and how to sustain and replicate that. They're learning that now, even the youngest. And that will make them SO much better when it's their turn to lead, next year or the year after. That is, perhaps, the single biggest win of the season for our program, and CJP & Co.'s greatest accomplishment so far. Missing for years--we have it now.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Y’all know dang well that JG is only going to be good until he makes his next mistake. Same with Maurer, Shrout and even Bailey once he gets here. Qb support on VN is only rented.

To'o To'o will be a beast next year. He is already showing leadership skills. I don't know how the NFL will feel about Trey's medical issue. They my want to see another year of his work. If so that is a big win for TN. This team looks nothing like it did 2 years ago. I think it will only get better if Pruitt can fill some holes.

Reactions: spyfish007
Y’all know dang well that JG is only going to be good until he makes his next mistake. Same with Maurer, Shrout and even Bailey once he gets here. Qb support on VN is only rented.
I wonder if the Bama fans are ready to boot Tua and Saban today? SMH

Reactions: feathersax
I don't think Trey Smith leaves, he has to prove he is healthy for the NFL.
After the fox leap last night... he is doing fine.
article-2067985-0EFB7E9000000578-738_636x677.jpg

I wonder if the Bama fans are ready to boot Tua and Saban today? SMH
I’m sure there are several that are saying that as we speak. But I bet it’s far less. Tua came to a GREAT team so his flaws are harder to see. Same with Lawrence (although it’s showing this year). UTs situation isn’t even close to comparable so everything falls on the qb, HC.

Reactions: Vol524
I am happy that we have players who are improving and have the opportunity to be drafted. We will miss them but it’s those people who attract the young talent.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back