7-3

madbamahater

Hard to believe this team is 2 heart beats away from 7-3. Very proud of this team for not quiting and grinding to get to where they are from where they were.

But, it's hard to not still be pissed about the first 2 games.

I hate the snap and clear mentality.....to quote B*tch Jones....

You get better by remembering what not to do and where you come from and that typically makes you better.

So glad Pruitt is the total opposite from the previous coach.

Just win the last two and a bowl game and this goes down is a fairly good season. We want ever forget the first two losses that were really bad, but where we have come from there is very encouraging for the future.
It does. The win loss numbers are what we are. But the story of the season after the rough start is actually very impressive.

As bad as the first two games were , might have been just what this team needed to get it’s mind right. A few players moved on and the attitude on this team seems to be as good as any I have seen. That was a gutty performance last night. This team is beat up and needs a week off. Kentucky was coming off a bye and was ready to play.

You are right. This team NEEDS to remember the pathetic performances against GA State and BYU. Both of those should have been wins. Remember those two absolute failures should keep them with a chip on their shoulder and focused on fighting to regain their respectability.

However, without those two failures, I am not sure we would have necessarily seen the building toughness, cohesion, and buy-in that is now unfolding before our eyes. Sometimes it takes adversity to make that kind of growth happen. Of course, I would have rather that they learned their lessons in the off-season, but whatever it takes to get us back to where we should be . . .

As bad as the first two games were , might have been just what this team needed to get it’s mind right. A few players moved on and the attitude on this team seems to be as good as any I have seen. That was a gutty performance last night. This team is beat up and needs a week off. Kentucky was coming off a bye and was ready to play.

yep. Sometimes you gotta let em know they ain’t all that...

7-5 was a common preseason prediction. Hard to believe that’s still possible

I was just hoping to break even this season and get a bowl game but after those pathetic losses at the beginning of the year I thought that would be an impossibility given the schedule. To think a 7-5 or 8-5 season is possible is mind blowing for me. However, I also remember being 5-5 at this time last year and feeling confident of a winning season and a bowl game but we all know how that turned out. Hopefully this year will be different, GBO!

PS and I think this year WILL BE different because Mizzou's Drew Lock and Vandy's Shurmur both graduated ... woohoo!

6-4 is more realistic, BYU is the only team they really almost beat...But I get your point.
giphy.gif

Just win the last two and a bowl game and this goes down is a fairly good season. We want ever forget the first two losses that were really bad, but where we have come from there is very encouraging for the future.
Reminds me of some of Johnny Majors seasons, started out horrible and ended strong.

Had we won the two games we didn't show up to, we would be vastly overrated. We are right about where we should be. If we were to play any of the 2 or 3 loss big conference teams in a bowl we will get boat raced. I watched last night's game today for the first time thru the prism of knowing that we won, and dispassionately watched UK run all over us. This is not better than a 7-5 team.

Two weeks to prepare for a very good home team in Mizzou. THAT will tell us a lot about this team going forward for the rest of the year.

Go Big Orange

Jacksonville is a 2 hour drive for me.

Reactions: MAD
Right. Could/Should be looking at 9-3. Kinda Pitiful.

If we close out this season with three more wins. This will actually be a very impressive season. This team could have very easily quit on JP, but they actually came together and I am hoping this is a pivotal season for JP. I was very concerned about his ability to handle this job, but he seems to be growing into it very quickly now.

VN Store

Back