That Goal Line Stand

Man what a difference, from Ga St to this game. They wasn't ready then. Now they are almost ready to shake tree that is the SEC. The D bent but it didn't break. It held firm against an option offense. At the goal line. What more, as Vol fans could we ask tonight?

I think everyone just had to learn. The defense had to learn their assignments and settle in. Coach Pruitt has had to learn how to be a head coach. Everyone had to find their niche and start mastering it. Hopefully we continue to improve and it carrys over to next season.

Im surprised we didnt get a targeting call on that goal line tackle. You could hear that lick on the television... what a stand by our guys!!!!!!!!

Pruitt be like this.

3034435.gif

I think the fact that Jaquain Blakely has been made into a guy that can make a play like that and give you some snaps through the game is a huge testament to this defensive staff.. if they can take a kid like that and turn him into a player that resembles an SEC lineman they will have some nasty Defenses in the future when they get the horses.. GO VOLS

Told my son right then that play was one if not best plays he’s made as a Vol with the difficulty of it. Also, pointed out the guy taking the pitch man and trusting his teammates and them trusting as well made that play. Before the snap, said you have to be disciplined and maintain your assignment with this offense. They did it as well as any Tennessee D has that I’ve ever seen on the option. Always been a weakness of ours. So happy for them. GBO

I think everyone just had to learn. The defense had to learn their assignments and settle in. Coach Pruitt has had to learn how to be a head coach. Everyone had to find their niche and start mastering it. Hopefully we continue to improve and it carrys over to next season.
Right. I saw Warrior shoot out like a bullet to cover that pitch man and two guys filled the hole. Man, a lot of these D guys in the rotation now and have really come on. Now we talkin

VN Store

Back