FYI: #22 Arkansas kicks their season off at 11:30 a.m. today (Friday)

lvocd

I'm curious about them and look forward to reading reports and, hopefully, can catch it on replay later. I hate it when having a career getsin the way of my basketball-watching habit! :confused:

Reactions: RollerVol
I'm curious about them and look forward to reading reports and, hopefully, can catch it on replay later. I hate it when having a career getsin the way of my basketball-watching habit! :confused:
Arkansas will be going to the NCAA Tournament once again this season. Here's how I think it will go in SEC women's basketball this season

NCAA Tournament Teams: Texas A&M,Mississippi State,South Carolina,Tennessee,Kentucky, Georgia and Arkansas

WNIT Tournament Teams: Auburn,Alabama and LSU

Reactions: RollerVol
never mind, I see Arky won big. That jr high team they played must have been terrible? lol

never mind, I see Arky won big. That jr high team they played must have been terrible? lol
No different than ETSU and Central Ark! Looks like everyone opens up with someone they can beat by 30! Ooops never mind! šŸ¤£

No different than ETSU and Central Ark! Looks like everyone opens up with someone they can beat by 30! Ooops never mind! šŸ¤£

I know right ... 16th ranked Notre Dame should be ashamed of themselves by only beating Fordham by 5 and #23 Minnesota LOST to Mizz St. It was an easy mistake to make to think everybody opens up with 30 point victoriesšŸ˜‰

@Amb3096 you are always looking at schedules with cupcakes i know you have a Cavity looking at Arkansas and their out of conference schedule. They literally donā€™t play a ranked team til their SEC opener. Yuck!

I know right ... 16th ranked Notre Dame should be ashamed of themselves by only beating Fordham by 5 and #23 Minnesota LOST to Mizz St. It was an easy mistake to make to think everybody opens up with 30 point victoriesšŸ˜‰

@Amb3096 you are always looking at schedules with cupcakes i know you have a Cavity looking at Arkansas and their out of conference schedule. They literally donā€™t play a ranked team til their SEC opener. Yuck!

That's par for the course for them...not surprised. Miss St. Is another one that should be ashamed.

I wouldn't have an issue with Tennessee's schedule if it didn't go straight from top tier team to cupcake. I missed the days when they scheduled "good" teams as well. Hopefully that will change under Kellie.

Well they might want to stay away from mid-major D1 teams and start scheduling NAIA teams. I really believe that a lot of D1 Power Five schools start out with ā€œsoftā€ schedules because a lot of them want to work on different schemes and also to see how new players fit in with existing players. The same thing happens in football, look at some of the cupcakes that upper tier D1 schools play.

That's par for the course for them...not surprised. Miss St. Is another one that should be ashamed.

I wouldn't have an issue with Tennessee's schedule if it didn't go straight from top tier team to cupcake. I missed the days when they scheduled "good" teams as well. Hopefully that will change under Kellie.

This is a good schedule for this team with a new staff. It has 4 ranked teams in the out of conference schedule ( ND, TX, Stanford, UConn) and then has ranked teams in conference. I donā€™t mind the cupcakes because everybody is doing it these days.

And yes those two teams that you mentioned have schedules that make you wonder.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well they might want to stay away from mid-major D1 teams and start scheduling NAIA teams. I really believe that a lot of D1 Power Five schools start out with ā€œsoftā€ schedules because a lot of them want to work on different schemes and also to see how new players fit in with existing players. The same thing happens in football, look at some of the cupcakes that upper tier D1 schools play.

Who might want to stay away Minn or ND?

My response was the the poster that put everybody was blowing out teams by 30 in their openers.

Vic Schaefer weakens the conference by scheduling all those OOC cupcakes. Same with Mulkey.

Reactions: lvocd
I was not questioning your post, just stating a viewpoint.

Noooo... šŸ˜ƒ I was stating why I posted that and was asking which team you were talking about their schedule. I hope that makes sense. I didnā€™t know which team you were saying should schedule NAIA teams. Minn, ND, us, etc

This is a good schedule for this team with a new staff. It has 4 ranked teams in the out of conference schedule ( ND, TX, Stanford, UConn) and then has ranked teams in conference. I donā€™t mind the cupcakes because everybody is doing it these days.

And yes those two teams that you mentioned have schedules that make you wonder.

It works to Tennessee's favor because it gives Kellie a chance to break in slowly. I'm curious if the schedule was her doing or Holly's, though.

As good as MSST is, I am amazed they don't schedule tougher.

Reactions: Volfan2012
It works to Tennessee's favor because it gives Kellie a chance to break in slowly. I'm curious if the schedule was her doing or Holly's, though.

As good as MSST is, I am amazed they don't schedule tougher.

Good question... I would think itā€™s CHW schedule for the most part. Of course we have main stays, then the UConn game is for charity, the Portland game is supposed to be for Evina per another poster but ya know. Kellie should probably get Drake in there somewhere which would be a good school to play and they have a good system. Rice would also be another midmajor that would test the lady Vols especially with their 6ā€™9 center

Noooo... šŸ˜ƒ I was stating why I posted that and was asking which team you were talking about their schedule. I hope that makes sense. I didnā€™t know which team you were saying should schedule NAIA teams. Minn, ND, us, etc
I was joking, however, Minnesota might want to think about it. However, Mo. State looked good against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, another cupcake. They maybe a very good team. KJH left her old team with some good players for the level they play.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Arkansas played three of their main players at least 30 minutes and the other two starters 25 minutes. They were playing a team ranked number 313 so a thirty point win no better that what we did against number 266. The SEC looks to be who develops their team the most by the time the SEC starts. Arkansas is definitely going to be an excellent team, as is SC and Texas A&M. I don't see anyone going undefeated in the league and expect the league champion could have at least three league losses. I think we could challenge for the league title if our players develop their games as they have thus far by the league start. Key has the potential to be a dominating center and Horston a superior point guard if they continue to progress. Then you have Davis and Green who must produce top games and score efficiently. Add who you want to put with those four want matter much still a team to be reckoned with if the freshmen improve as much as I think they will.

VN Store

Back