JG- All I need to say

You are either avoiding looking or lying. Either fits you. I have posted several times now a comparison of the two in the games in which both played in "real" action- UGA, MSU, and Bama. Both had 18 drives oddly enough. Maurer had more than twice the yards, almost twice the points, more ypa/ypc, and a higher completion %. The ONLY stat favoring JG was INT's.

Yeah... living in denial is your thing. Maurer was 5/7 with a pick that should have been a catch vs Bama for 62 yards before being injured. Bama didn't have an answer for him to the point when he left the game. JG played the majority of the game going 7/16 for 55 yds.

Your "point" about BM's "one good quarter" vs UGA might have a little weight... except that after Maurer went 14 of 28 for 259.... JG went 1 of 5 for 14 yards. Far from proving your point... it destroys your whole little cult obsession.
Lol. More 🤡🤡🤡 takes from you.

If we want to be fair you need to sub USC stats in for UGA for JG. That would be a comparable game to BM vs UGA.

If we are including the one end of the game rz possession for JG we need to include BM vs UF. He did play more that game than JG vs UGA.

Either way you are not presenting data in a fair way. Just trying to manipulate the stats.

Also let's not get into the woulda could a shoulda for taking away ints. Not unless you want to go give JG credit for a td vs UF that would happen without a drop. There are several other examples.

BM had one good quarter vs UGA. He really was lucky we had a wr get wide open.

UGA game drives after the first quarter that BM has a part in.

Bm 0/2-PUNT
BM 1/2 pass for no gain- PUNT
JG 1/1 14 yds BM 0/1 - INT
BM 0/1-SACK THEN PUNT
BM 3/4-SACK FUMBLE TD FOR UGA

Games since. 0tds and 3 ints.

No way to spin the actual results.

Reactions: irish1485
My bad. I make mistakes.
We all do, but don't be confused. You have to understand the context.

If Maurer is healthy and back to himself, I like our chances with him better. But, I don't know anything except DP said he was cleared to play but couldn't hit the side of a barn. So if JG starts, I have to believe Chaney and Pruitt think JG gives us a better shot at winning. And I believe they know better than anyone here on VN.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

If we want to be fair you need to sub USC stats in for UGA for JG. That would be a comparable game to BM vs UGA.

If we are including the one end of the game rz possession for JG we need to include BM vs UF. He did play more that game than JG vs UGA.

Either way you are not presenting data in a fair way. Just trying to manipulate the stats.

Also let's not get into the woulda could a shoulda for taking away ints. Not unless you want to go give JG credit for a td vs UF that would happen without a drop. There are several other examples.

Bm 0/2-PUNT
BM 0/1-SACK THEN PUNT

-Technically Maurer's 2nd TD was the first play of the second quarter.
-Where's the Maurer drive against UGA he was 3/5 that ended in a missed FG?
-Where is Maurer's rushing TD in your final stat line?

So yes there is a way to spin those numbers and you did it.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
We all do, but don't be confused. You have to understand the context.

If Maurer is healthy and back to himself, I like our chances with him better. But, I don't know anything except DP said he was cleared to play but couldn't hit the side of a barn. So if JG starts, I have to believe Chaney and Pruitt think JG gives us a better shot at winning. And I believe they know better than anyone here on VN.
So the question is still valid.

What has a healthy Maurer done to get that faith?

Not wins or individual production.

Nope. That's you trying to dishonestly parse the facts again to favor the outcome you want. Maurer didn't play against USCe. You want a fair, head to head statistical comparison then those 3 games give it to you.

And I am still not saying Maurer is the answer... just that JG has had plenty of time and has proven he is not the answer.

No. Again you are just trying to squirm away. But even if allowed... it doesn't help your case. They get closer in completion % but Maurer still has more yardage... plus you tag JG with a couple of INT's. Then again, what is fair to expect of a true Fr playing in the Swamp? Maurer was 4 of 11, right? JG was 2 of 5 for -3 yards in his second game... against UMass... at home.

Of course... it can't be fair... it proves your argument without merit therefore it can't be "fair". The truth though is it is the MOST fair way to compare them.

Nope. It is still an INT though it was perfectly thrown. Going your route then we have to look at all the TD passes JG missed by being consistently late and short.

Unlike the WR's running wide open vs USCe... or DWA running down the sideline only to have JG over throw him? Or maybe you're talking about the would be TD vs USCe that JG underthrew to MC.

Bm 0/2-PUNT
BM 0/1-SACK THEN PUNT

So... one of the best D's in the SEC adjusted and was able to stop a true Fr in his first start... and then pretty much snuffed a RS Jr for the rest of the game but to you that proves the RS Jr is better? Well, yeah. Knowing you that makes sense that you'd believe something that ridiculous.

Yet you keep trying and trying....

Open your eyes and look. He throws the ball with confidence. For the first time in a while a UT QB actually throws receivers open by hitting a passing window accurately.

But we aren't declaring him the answer. He's shown flashes but there are valid concerns. He has been injured. Can he hold up? He has thrown picks. Can he be coached up and avoid them while continuing to produce big plays and more the O.

There are still doubts and concerns with Maurer and even more with Shrout. Either may fail. Either may excel. Either or both could have upside or may have already seen their best day.

But none of that changes the fact that JG has proven NOT to be the answer. He's a RS Jr and we're making very valid arguments as to why he should be benched in favor of a true Fr. Unless he wakes up tomorrow a different man... he is too risk averse, does not read D's well, does not see coverage, does not throw receivers open, and is consistently late and short on deep throws.

Reactions: igotworms
@sjt18 I have stuff to do but I will give you one more response.

You can't throw wrs open, be on time with passes, while reading the coverage well and complete less than 50% with 2 TDs and 5 ints. So what you are accusing JG of BM is much worse at.

I didn't say there weren't any. I said there were few if any. Pulaski qualifies more as a "Maurer hater" than most do JG haters.

Wouldn't be necessary if his play improved or a couple of cult followers didn't find it necessary to "hate" the other two guys when they seem to threaten JG's status as starter.

LOL. It is a board discussing sports... and specifically football... a violent form of ballet. Thin skinned people won't enjoy it here. As far as I'm concerned, Freak's level of censorship is just about perfect. There are other boards for folks who don't like this one... but they're not as good.
I like this one, thanks. No intention of leaving.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I've put all the JG haters on my ignore list, helps make the board more enjoyable for me. They don't bring anything to this board and 95% of every post they make is to belittle JG. One of them is not even a Vol fan, he's a handler for BM, or at least he thinks he is. I think he's a former classmate but regardless he's not a fan of UT and just here for Muarer. They'll be in the minority if we manage to win out with JG getting the majority of the snaps the rest of the way.
#1. We all became fans at some point for a reason. Most because of a certain player or just born into it. Doesn’t matter if I’m here for Maurer or a life long UT fan, I know what I see and a lot of people trust me for reasons that are none of your business.
#2 I’m not a JG hater. Never have been. I actually support the kid (well documented) and evidently I’m on ignore too. 🤔 So it must be because you have no rebuttal to my responses.
#3 I’m not a “handler” of anyone. Maurer is his own person. ALTHOUGH if he became what I know him to be capable of at this level........ how stupid would you look IF I WERE the main influence in his decision to come to UT?

No issue. I just have not gotten a data backed reason to think BM gives us the best chance to win.

He hasn't won a game. He hasn't even finished a game. He has been bad except for one quarter.

What in that says best option to win?

You won't get any data to back the claims that BM is our best QB because there isn't any.. He hasn't played well at all outside of the 1st half vs UGA.

Reactions: k-town_king
You won't get any data to back the claims that BM is our best QB because there isn't any.. He hasn't played well at all outside of the 1st half vs UGA.
You got the data earlier today. This was a reply to you from about 10 hours ago in this thread. Maybe you missed the guys reply to you so here you go.
Screenshot_20191108-203641_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Like, what do you mean? Financially? Or, do you mean you’re going to sit their like a good little sheep and clap at whatever UT serves up?

I’m guessing the latter.
Like, not really sure what it matters to you? If you donate, good for you, that makes you no more of a fan than myself and if you think it does that’s your prerogative, also my prerogative to tell you to kiss my arse

Wasn’t aware cheering for favorite team to win made me a “sheep”. Instead of worrying about how certain fans pull for this team maybe you should worry about how you should pull for them instead? Sounds like that might work better for you.

Far from a sheep, I have said several times JG has no business seeing the field again but I don’t coach practice and I don’t know who in our QB room is healthy. Do you? No I’d venture to guess you don’t. So how about watching the games, cheering for the team to get a W, and not worrying about how I pull for the team? People like you kill me. We all want the same thing on this board, just different views of how to get there.

Last edited:

Think about it rationally for 2.1 seconds.

Don't get discouraged if you don't figure it out.

Keep thinking.

You should have an obvious answer by 2.81 seconds of thinking.

When has JG been productive? With him at QB the offense score 12% of the time, those are facts. When JG has the ball inside his opponent's 5 YARD LINE HES BEEN OUTSCORED 7-3. In 15 sec games the most your boy has scored has been 24 point and that was against SC and UK last year. Let's not sit here and pretend JG is a world beater because hes not.

But I'll at least give you credit, you're at open to conversation where as Pulaskivol the board expert of all things sports is scared to have a conversation about sports unless of course you agree with his opinion.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
When has JG been productive? With him at QB the offense score 12% of the time, those are facts. When JG has the ball inside his opponent's 5 YARD LINE HES BEEN OUTSCORED 7-3. In 15 sec games the most your boy has scored has been 24 point and that was against SC and UK last year. Let's not sit here and pretend JG is a world beater because hes not.

But I'll at least give you credit, you're at open to conversation where as Pulaskivol the board expert of all things sports is scared to have a conversation about sports unless of course you agree with his opinion.
BRO! JG has elite completion %. Who cares if he can't score in the red zone or has a 24 point a game ceiling!?!

They're even hoping that we play Maurer over JG tonight lol. Outside of that 1st half BM hasn't done anything but throw to the other team guys.. I think it'll be a close game, whoever's wins the turnover battle will win this game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191109-102348_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191109-102348_Samsung Internet.jpg
    682.6 KB · Views: 11

VN Store

Back