Kentucky fan here

41RCVw-UXnL._SX425_.jpg

Triggered!

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB
Pruitt seems to be using the uncertainty at QB to his advantage by NOT making it clear who the starter is and trying to give opponents reason to believe it could be any of the 3 plus Jennings.

Maurer moved the offense better. JG doesn't make many "mistakes" but he's not hard to defend either. Each played 18 drives vs UGA, MSU, and Bama. Maurer had more than twice the yardage and almost twice the points.... but he also threw 4 INT's with 3 being clearly his fault.

Pruitt seems to be using the uncertainty at QB to his advantage by NOT making it clear who the starter is and trying to give opponents reason to believe it could be any of the 3 plus Jennings.

Maurer moved the offense better. JG doesn't make many "mistakes" but he's not hard to defend either. Each played 18 drives vs UGA, MSU, and Bama. Maurer had more than twice the yardage and almost twice the points.... but he also threw 4 INT's with 3 being clearly his fault.

After JG's toss to the other guy in the end zone last week ... the one that looked a lot like the ones Maurer threw (if memory serves me right), maybe all passes from anywhere in the red zone into the end zone should be prohibited until somebody gets it figured out.

Reactions: wesley21
After JG's toss to the other guy in the end zone last week ... the one that looked a lot like the ones Maurer threw (if memory serves me right), maybe all passes from anywhere in the red zone into the end zone should be prohibited until somebody gets it figured out.
One is a freshman learning on the job. The other is a RS Jr who has had plenty of time to learn.

You have to let Maurer throw those balls and coach him up.

Just for reference though... I don't remember Maurer throwing one like that. He read a double route incorrectly on one and tried to force the ball into JJ in the corner of the end zone. The other one he scrambled and left the ball short in the back of the end zone. No one would have a problem with that throw if he had thrown so only UT's guy could make a play. The one against UGA was just a simple misread. The one vs Bama should have been caught by JJ.

Wish y'all luck coming up here tomorrow. One question I have is Brian Maurer good to go tomorrow? I have seen that he has taken most of the 1st team reps in practice but I heard that was the case last week too.

I am very nervous if he plays, seems the Vols play with more energy when he is in there

GBB

Yes absolutely Mauer will start. 1st play swing pass to the right. 2nd play Jennings on the crossing route. First down!! Better stop there, probably already told you more than I should have. GBO!!

One is a freshman learning on the job. The other is a RS Jr who has had plenty of time to learn.

You have to let Maurer throw those balls and coach him up.

Just for reference though... I don't remember Maurer throwing one like that. He read a double route incorrectly on one and tried to force the ball into JJ in the corner of the end zone. The other one he scrambled and left the ball short in the back of the end zone. No one would have a problem with that throw if he had thrown so only UT's guy could make a play. The one against UGA was just a simple misread. The one vs Bama should have been caught by JJ.

I'm all for playing Maurer. It pretty much all works much better with him in the game - the spark with Maurer is a pretty amazing phenomenon.

Just because of the compression of space and so many defenders being in the same proximity at an inopportune time, I'm really beginning to dislike throws from the red zone into the end zone by anybody these days; but nobody seems to be coming up with repeatable better alternatives.

I'm all for playing Maurer. It pretty much all works much better with him in the game - the spark with Maurer is a pretty amazing phenomenon.

Just because of the compression of space and so many defenders being in the same proximity at an inopportune time, I'm really beginning to dislike throws from the red zone into the end zone by anybody these days; but nobody seems to be coming up with repeatable better alternatives.
The problem is that teams that cannot throw in the red zone won't win. There was a time when a great rushing team could just line up and push it in. There are few if any P-5 schools that can do that now.

It is very difficult to win kicking FG's in the red zone.

Reactions: AM64

GBB
Was going to shop at my favorite neghborhood Kroger. I'll be going to walmart tonite.

Reactions: Jax_Vol

VN Store

Back