'20 AL DE Jimari Butler (Nebraska commit)

Garcia said Butler has “put up monster numbers” this season, including double-digit sacks, and he “was the dominant pass rusher in Mobile this fall.”
And while he still has plenty of room to improve, Butler might even have a chance to play his way onto the field early in his Tennessee career as a projected edge rusher at outside linebacker in the Vols’ 3-4 defense.
“He’s a dude, man,” Garcia said of Butler. “I think he’s a play-year-one kind of guy.”
Wiltfong also stated this guys a take regardless of who’s in the fold.

Take away Callaway, Bituli, and Jennings off this team and we might have 2 wins. People love to degrade Butch's classes but fail to recognize the stars he brought in.

Counterpoint: Shy Tuttle, K. Mac, Quarte Sapp, Kyle Phillips, Justin Martin, Jonathan Kongbo, Emmanuel Moseley etc. etc. etc. I could point out for an hour the number of players Butch brought in that, while wearing orange (NFL not included), severely underperformed compared to expectations.

The point is it doesn't matter who is bringing in the prospects or what their star rating might be. Butch brought in a treasure trove of 5* and 4* players and it got us nowhere. If Pruitt can coach up 3* players for the first few years so be it. The only thing that matters--winning. Something Butch never did. Recruiting will fix itself if Pruitt wins games. It's that simple. Winning programs recruit by W-L record alone. Win. Win. Win. And all is forgiven.

Everyone in here crying will be saying how great of a player he is when he gets bumped to a 4⭐️ In the final rankings. Just like they did with Roman Harrison and Jimmy Calloway.

He’s had 18.5 sacks, runs a 4.59 40 yard dash and holds double digit power 5 offers. And he’s only played football 3 months of his life. He’s more talented than Grimes, less of a head case than Davis and unlike Ojulari actually wants to be here. Keep crying
Nice

Everyone in here crying will be saying how great of a player he is when he gets bumped to a 4⭐️ In the final rankings. Just like they did with Roman Harrison and Jimmy Calloway.

He’s had 18.5 sacks, runs a 4.59 40 yard dash and holds double digit power 5 offers. And he’s only played football 3 months of his life. He’s more talented than Grimes, less of a head case than Davis and unlike Ojulari actually wants to be here. Keep crying
Think I will repost this every page or so.

all my years of training and coaching lineman both OL DL one thing I could never give a kid and that is pure athletic explosion you our born with or you our not. Also one other trait ones ability to flip hips and run without losing time. Many a highly ranked kids have straight ahead explosion and good size but can not flip hips and explode. That is why Grimes kid does not have Alabama offer he can not flip hips and explode.

Wow...that was quick. They didn't wait for long to give this kid the go ahead...lol.

Is that 18.5 sack number real?

There's not a single recruit that Pruitt could take a commitment from that some on this board wouldn't fluff. That's the issue. A lot of folks just assume because Tennessee takes a commitment from them automatically means that Pruitt is really high on them.
And there's also those that think every single 3 star is a reach, fall back or bad job of evaluating talent.

all my years of training and coaching lineman both OL DL one thing I could never give a kid and that is pure athletic explosion you our born with or you our not. Also one other trait ones ability to flip hips and run without losing time. Many a highly ranked kids have straight ahead explosion and good size but can not flip hips and explode. That is why Grimes kid does not have Alabama offer he can not flip hips and explode.
Come on, now, you know that since he's not a four or five star, he can't play.

Try not to get caught up into rankings but they do matter. The last 7 of 8 champions were top 10 in recruiting. Not sure before then but probably the same. I can only think of Oregon under Chip Kelly- top 25 -30 class.

Last 7 of 8 champs.... isn't that basically 3 teams, lol? Clemson has had only 4 top 10 classes since Dabo took over 11 years ago. They have zero Top 5 clases. TCU has frequnetly been among the top 10 teams and their classes are consistently out of the top 20. Penn State has only 1 top 10 ranking since Franklin took over. There are plenty of other examples.

Also Oregon never won a championship.

Boom!!! 3-star U!!!
200.gif

No Star U from here on out.
Just all that’s interested in going 2-10
Sometimes being a Star child makes you look a little silly. Got three stars now and climbing rapidly. The coaching staffs get to see these kids before the rating services do sometimes. With zero stars, it means they have not even been evaluated by the staff at the rating services.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Take away Callaway, Bituli, and Jennings off this team and we might have 2 wins. People love to degrade Butch's classes but fail to recognize the stars he brought in.

And how many didn’t contribute at all or left the program or were forced to leave?

Good thing we’ve got guys to plug into those spots too.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back