Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or what? You might want to buckle up for the bumpy ride ahead. We didn't get in this shape overnight, and we won't get out overnight.
Or they're not going to win at an elite level. Don't get me wrong, I think we're headed in the right direction. Very high on Pruitt up until this point. But if they finish somewhere around 20th that's simply not good enough.

Watched UK vs Missouri today:

This game is going to be really similar to Georgia tech when we played them. Pretty much every play they run has some sort of motion, read, or option (speed or rpo). Bituli and Henry T are going to have their toughest test of the season maybe. Very few times are they doing straight drop backs and passes, when they do it’s either verticals or they’re flooding a side of the field and sprinting out that way.

They have been running this little fake speed option - QB counter Play that has been really effective. They also tried to run a back side throw back pass off this play too. So that’s something to keep an eye out for. Here is that play.

1573244410790.gif
Gonna be interesting to see how much we blitz this game, we have been a lot the last few weeks and playing more cover 1 and even 0 but that could be risky against all this misdirection. Also i wonder how much D. Taylor will end you spying instead of just straight rushing.

Last edited:
Or they're not going to win at an elite level. Don't get me wrong, I think we're headed in the right direction. Very high on Pruitt up until this point. But if they finish somewhere around 20th that's simply not good enough.
Just means it won't happen as fast as you want it to.

Watched UK vs Missouri today:

This game is going to be really similar to Georgia tech when we played them. Pretty much every play they run has some sort of motion, read, or option (speed or rpo). Bituli and Henry T are going to have their toughest test of the season maybe. Very few times are they doing straight drop backs and passes, when they do it’s either verticals or their flooding a side of the field and sprinting out that way.

They have been running this little fake speed option - QB counter Play that has been really effective. They also tried to run a back side throw back pass off this play too. So that’s something to keep an eye out for. Here is that play.

View attachment 236857
Gonna be interesting to see how much we blitz this game, we have been a lot the last few weeks and playing more cover 1 and even 0 but that could be risky against all this misdirection. Also i wonder how much D. Taylor will end you spying instead of just straight rushing.
KY is going to cut block the entire game.

I have to think this Butler commitment happened because they missed on Hardy. I don't think this will happen but if we end up in the 20's I'll be very disappointed. Just not good enough no matter how folks would want to spin it.
I think he is the replacement for Olujari. He is not nearly as highly ranked. Fortunately, we don't need him to lace them up on Saturday.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Not recruiting at the level we need to be in order to compete with the top schools in this league. Staff is going to have to step it up.

I do not understand this line of thinking. Tennessee has been largely irrelevant in the lifetime of current recruits. The staff has to get guys that they think they can build into solid football players, not everyone needs to be a superstar. The amount of pissing and moaning since Hardy committed to Auburn has been absurd.

There are currently seven SEC teams ranked ahead of Tennessee in the 247 list. South Carolina, ranked one spot ahead of us has won 85 games since 2009 compared to our 66 wins. Auburn has won almost 30 more games than us in the same time span. I did not even look up Alabama, Georgia or LSU.

Everybody thinks we should go from being irrelevant for the most part in the eyes of recruits, to competing with teams that have been winning at a much higher rate for a long period of time compared to us.

I used to worry about a recruit going elsewhere but not anymore. At the end of the day you either believe Pruitt and staff can develop guys that want to be here or you don't. I'm riding with the ones we got and not the ones we don't.

I have to think this Butler commitment happened because they missed on Hardy. I don't think this will happen but if we end up in the 20's I'll be very disappointed. Just not good enough no matter how folks would want to spin it.
On the surface yes but as long as bailey (most importantly) and a handful of others are productive it won’t be a big deal. Teams have bad classes all the time. You just can’t have consecutive ones.

I do not understand this line of thinking. Tennessee has been largely irrelevant in the lifetime of current recruits. The staff has to get guys that they think they can build into solid football players, not everyone needs to be a superstar. The amount of pissing and moaning since Hardy committed to Auburn has been absurd.

There are currently seven SEC teams ranked ahead of Tennessee in the 247 list. South Carolina, ranked one spot ahead of us has won 85 games since 2009 compared to our 66 wins. Auburn has won almost 30 more games than us in the same time span. I did not even look up Alabama, Georgia or LSU.

Everybody thinks we should go from being irrelevant for the most part in the eyes of recruits, to competing with teams that have been winning at a much higher rate for a long period of time compared to us.

I used to worry about a recruit going elsewhere but not anymore. At the end of the day you either believe Pruitt and staff can develop guys that want to be here or you don't. I'm riding with the ones we got and not the ones we don't.
"Worry about the ones you get......."

Simonton picked Vols to win by 3, the other 3 (Hubbs, Price and Lewis) all picked a 6 or 7 point victory for UT.
Simonton picked Vols to win by 3, the other 3 (Hubbs, Price and Lewis) all picked a 6 or 7 point victory for UT.

Kinda got a feeling this is going to be one of those weird 3 OT games that we win 45-42.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back