JG- All I need to say

You really believe that or did you forget blue font? Do you also think communism is still the best path to success for the Chinese?! Coaches can be wrong. See Worley vs. Dobbs. Hurd vs. Kamara. Lewis vs. whoever it was that was in front of him when he was a freshman!

I don't use blue font.

Looks like you could have come up with better examples than Butch. Haha.

Obviously coaches can be wrong and I think Pruitt has been. I also think he's learning from being wrong and I believe he'll play whoever he thinks gives us the best shot at winning these last 3 games. And I think he'll be right.

I don't use blue font.

Looks like you could have come up with better examples than Butch. Haha.

Obviously coaches can be wrong and I think Pruitt has been. I also think he's learning from being wrong and I believe he'll play whoever he thinks gives us the best shot at winning these last 3 games. And I think he'll be right.

If history tells us anything about what Chaney wants, it's Brian Maurer

2010 Simms was benched in favor of Bray
2016 UGA rolled with Freshman Eason
2017 ( granted after Eason got hurt ) UGA rolled with Fromm and never looked back

I think if it's up to Chaney and Maurer is healthy then he will start

How many more threads do we need giving us factual data proving undoubtedly that JG is not a good QB? It gets so old seeing the same 5 people defend JG at all cost no matter what. The coaches will start the best QB and JG hasn't started a single game since Florida. How many ways is there to bend the stats to show a guy that is 0-2 against Vandy in his career is any good?
(I know, I don't have to read them.)

Just a parody of the above post but from the view of someone tired of hearing JG defended not bashed.

Go Vols

29a253b0-f43c-11e9-adc4-233d7edc0ee2

How many more threads do we need giving us factual data proving undoubtedly that JG is not a good QB? It gets so old seeing the same 5 people defend JG at all cost no matter what. The coaches will start the best QB and JG hasn't started a single game since Florida. How many ways is there to bend the stats to show a guy that is 0-2 against Vandy in his career is any good?
(I know, I don't have to read them.)

Just a parody of the above post but from the view of someone tired of hearing JG defended not bashed.

Go Vols
Everybody knows JG has not played well. It's obvious. Unfortunately it's also obvious that the other 2 guys have issues as well and it's a pick your poison proposition at QB at this point.

What is bizarre is that fans think they understand something the coaches don't.

What's even more bizarre is those that know more than coach think the rest of us are communist sheep and coach is stupid. Lol. I sometimes don't know how to respond.

With JG we win 17-10
With BM we win 24-10
With Shrout/JJ we win 20-10

It won't matter who the qb is, our defense is gonna roll.
I like how you think but our defense will be best if we have an offense that moves the ball and gets first downs to let the defense rest between possessions.

So with that being said, I agree with you that BM gives us the best chance to be successful.

I agree with you on this. I will wait and see what happens in he Spring when HB is here. From what I have seen of HB, he seems to see the entire field and can put the ball where it needs to be to aviod the defender getting his hands on the ball I think next Spring will be interesting for the QB position. I think HB throws the deep ball very well and could really open up the offense for a much improved running game.
Maurer has shown flashes that if consistent would make him a very, very good QB. I'm hesitant to anoint HS players. I've only watched highlights and part of a televised game for HB. I saw a good, not great arm.... with Ainge being "good" and Bray being "great". Other than that, he's surrounded by well above average talent which makes it even tougher to tell how good he is against overmatched opponents.

Either way, I think out of the 3 or 4 that will be on the roster come March... UT will have an above average starter rather than what we've seen since Dobbs left.

How many threads do we need hating on JG? I happen to think the coaches know more than we do about who to start. And how many ways are there to say JG hasn't been very good? It really gets boring. (I know, I don't have to read them.)
I've put all the JG haters on my ignore list, helps make the board more enjoyable for me. They don't bring anything to this board and 95% of every post they make is to belittle JG. One of them is not even a Vol fan, he's a handler for BM, or at least he thinks he is. I think he's a former classmate but regardless he's not a fan of UT and just here for Muarer. They'll be in the minority if we manage to win out with JG getting the majority of the snaps the rest of the way.

I've put all the JG haters on my ignore list, helps make the board more enjoyable for me. They don't bring anything to this board and 95% of every post they make is to belittle JG. One of them is not even a Vol fan, he's a handler for BM, or at least he thinks he is. I think he's a former classmate but regardless he's not a fan of UT and just here for Muarer. They'll be in the minority if we manage to win out with JG getting the majority of the snaps the rest of the way.
LOL@ U.

He puts people on ignore because he's too much of a coward to actually discuss facts and admit when he's wrong. Instead, he hides behind multiple screen names and disappears when proven wrong only to come back after the smoke has cleared to push the same false narratives.

There are few if any JG "haters" on this board. There ARE people who honestly look at his play and criticize the bad.... Pulaski/k-town_king/???? just can't handle someone showing others who wrong they are.

A simple internet search would give you a mountain of evidence demonstrating that Rudy is based on a real person and that the movie is a largely accurate portrayal of his life during that period.

Your last statement is rich coming from a devoted cultist.
Rudy is a real person. The story is fake. Even Joe Montana has said it. The whole narrative is false.

I forget you are a fan of the fake narrative though.

LOL@ U.

He puts people on ignore because he's too much of a coward to actually discuss facts and admit when he's wrong. Instead, he hides behind multiple screen names and disappears when proven wrong only to come back after the smoke has cleared to push the same false narratives.

There are few if any JG "haters" on this board. There ARE people who honestly look at his play and criticize the bad.... Pulaski/k-town_king/???? just can't handle someone showing others who wrong they are.
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you there are no JG haters here. There are people here would blame him if there was an earthquake in California. I just don't see repeating the same things over and over and over. I don't think he has played great, but he has had some good moments. I think the coaches know more about the QB's than any of us is all I'm saying about him. This board seems like a bunch of bullies on the subject.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you there are no JG haters here.
I didn't say there weren't any. I said there were few if any. Pulaski qualifies more as a "Maurer hater" than most do JG haters.

There are people here would blame him if there was an earthquake in California. I just don't see repeating the same things over and over and over.
Wouldn't be necessary if his play improved or a couple of cult followers didn't find it necessary to "hate" the other two guys when they seem to threaten JG's status as starter.

I don't think he has played great, but he has had some good moments. I think the coaches know more about the QB's than any of us is all I'm saying about him. This board seems like a bunch of bullies on the subject.
LOL. It is a board discussing sports... and specifically football... a violent form of ballet. Thin skinned people won't enjoy it here. As far as I'm concerned, Freak's level of censorship is just about perfect. There are other boards for folks who don't like this one... but they're not as good.

Reactions: Ty4Vols
What games has he won to say that? What game has he even played well for four quarters?
I've already answered this. Why you have an issue with it I'll never know.

@sjt18 Its funny how "Hate" gets used around here and I've been guilty of using it incorrectly myself. Imo no one hates JG, but a lot of people like to "hate on" him. Just a figure of speech. There are some here that "hate on" him, and seem to enjoy it.

@sjt18 Its funny how "Hate" gets used around here and I've been guilty of using it incorrectly myself. Imo no one hates JG, but a lot of people like to "hate on" him. Just a figure of speech. There are some here that "hate on" him, and seem to enjoy it.
I would much rather be talking about how the hard off-season work by JG, Chaney, Weinke, and Tee had turned him around completely. I'm a Vol fan. I just want the Vols to win. They need a good QB to do that.... and that's all I've got "against" JG. Not by any fault of his per se... he's just not up to the task.

No issue. I just have not gotten a data backed reason to think BM gives us the best chance to win.

He hasn't won a game. He hasn't even finished a game. He has been bad except for one quarter.

What in that says best option to win?

Reactions: irish1485
Rudy is a real person. The story is fake. Even Joe Montana has said it. The whole narrative is false.

I forget you are a fan of the fake narrative though.
Just a simple web search will reveal what the real Rudy had to say about it. Not hard. But you'd rather believe a lie than educate yourself... at least your consistent about that.... and lying.

They changed some elements of the story like rolling several personalities into one to make the role of people encouraging him easier to fit into a two hour movie.

Just a simple web search will reveal what the real Rudy had to say about it. Not hard. But you'd rather believe a lie than educate yourself... at least your consistent about that.... and lying.

They changed some elements of the story like rolling several personalities into one to make the role of people encouraging him easier to fit into a two hour movie.
Guy says fantasy making him look like a hero is real. Geez, ya don't say. 🤣🤣😂😂😂

They changed major parts of the story. It's fake. He didn't overcome the obstacles in the movie. You know, the whole point of the story.

Whatever it was, I hated it lol.

No issue. I just have not gotten a data backed reason to think BM gives us the best chance to win.
You are either avoiding looking or lying. Either fits you. I have posted several times now a comparison of the two in the games in which both played in "real" action- UGA, MSU, and Bama. Both had 18 drives oddly enough. Maurer had more than twice the yards, almost twice the points, more ypa/ypc, and a higher completion %. The ONLY stat favoring JG was INT's.

He hasn't won a game. He hasn't even finished a game. He has been bad except for one quarter.

What in that says best option to win?
Yeah... living in denial is your thing. Maurer was 5/7 with a pick that should have been a catch vs Bama for 62 yards before being injured. Bama didn't have an answer for him to the point when he left the game. JG played the majority of the game going 7/16 for 55 yds.

Your "point" about BM's "one good quarter" vs UGA might have a little weight... except that after Maurer went 14 of 28 for 259.... JG went 1 of 5 for 14 yards. Far from proving your point... it destroys your whole little cult obsession.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
He hasn't won a game.
You are truly a fundamentally dishonest person. How many times have you popped your cork when someone mentioned JG's record as a starter? You have consistently declared that wins should not be held against the QB.

I still disagree... It is perfectly valid to evaluate the leader of your O and to a large degree your team by W/L. But Maurer's 3 games with two coming against top 5 teams is not exactly a valid sample set when compared to JG.

VN Store

Back