Garth Brooks Concert

rusty11

Was listening to a radio show yesterday and a UT official was talking about putting on the concert at Neyland. I know entertainers have lots of shows to do, but it seems dumb to have scheduled this show knowing there was only one game left to play on the field. I hope the field is in good enough shape for the Vandy game.

Reactions: Alto1
Was listening to a radio show yesterday and a UT official was talking about putting on the concert at Neyland. I know entertainers have lots of shows to do, but it seems dumb to have scheduled this show knowing there was only one game left to play on the field. I hope the field is in good enough shape for the Vandy game.

I'm pretty sure the field is going to be re sodded after the game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191108-082127.png
    Screenshot_20191108-082127.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
Reactions: Lane Train 4
I'm pretty sure the field is going to be re sodded after the game.
This is what happened to Auburns field after Chesney
auburn-field.jpg

How do you think Sod is going to take in East Tennessee in November?

How do you think Sod is going to take in East Tennessee in November?

I have to say the grass around here looks great right now. My yards is the greenest it has been in months. That weird flash drought killed everything but November has been wet and warm and the grass is loving it.

That being said, it is supposed to snow Tuesday. Crazy weather.

Reactions: 508mikey
^^ Woah... didn't see the Auburn field after. Did the turf recover, or did it have to be replaced? As I remember, it was warm. Was it June? They also disassembled part of the end zone stadium to get the semis in and out. A LOT of trucks drove on those mats, so they did their job - it just looks like heat stress and lack of sunlight for a week. We did stadiums all over the country - a lot of baseball stadiums as well - you know how crazy baseball grounds crew are about their turf. - wow... I guess this was one of the more southerly venues that was outdoors.

At any rate, any damage to the turf - and repair/replacement would usually be written into the contracts. If the stadium sells, the "trouble" ends up being worth everybody's effort $$$$ on both sides of the ink. The cooler weather is better, and if they get in and out in a few days, that also helps. If this is a one-off stadium show for him, then they will be on the field for a few more days.

If they put down sod, then I imagine the field will be pretty to look at but dangerous to run on.

^^ Woah... didn't see the Auburn field after. Did the turf recover, or did it have to be replaced? As I remember, it was warm. Was it June? They also disassembled part of the end zone stadium to get the semis in and out. A LOT of trucks drove on those mats, so they did their job - it just looks like heat stress and lack of sunlight for a week. We did stadiums all over the country - a lot of baseball stadiums as well - you know how crazy baseball grounds crew are about their turf. - wow... I guess this was one of the more southerly venues that was outdoors.

At any rate, any damage to the turf - and repair/replacement would usually be written into the contracts. If the stadium sells, the "trouble" ends up being worth everybody's effort $$$$ on both sides of the ink. The cooler weather is better, and if they get in and out in a few days, that also helps. If this is a one-off stadium show for him, then they will be on the field for a few more days.
Auburn football field beaten up after Kenny Chesney concert (photo)

Hopefully after all is said and done they remember they whatever Brooks screws up Tennessee has to foot the bill. So is it really going to be worth it?

VN Store

Back