Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

KK is least athletic in the gym!
No kidding. Strength and conditioning department has utterly failed her. Also, over reliance on raw athleticism over developed skills is what got us here. Waaaayyyy overrated.

Did I hear just 12 turnovers? That's outstanding.

Good blowout against a cupcake, even if they still look shaky on offense their defense looks much further along. Tennessee's length makes them a very tough defensive team to play against unless you have an elite guard and some size in the middle. The ND game should be a good test. Truthfully, Tennessee should run away with that. They have no size and no proven weapons to hurt the lady Vols with.

Good blowout against a cupcake, even if they still look shaky on offense their defense looks much further along. Tennessee's length makes them a very tough defensive team to play against unless you have an elite guard and some size in the middle. The ND game should be a good test. Truthfully, Tennessee should run away with that. They have no size and no proven weapons to hurt the lady Vols with.

How can the Lady Vols "run away" with any game when scoring seems to be a major issue?

Rae, not Brown....Brown as the shooter off the bench sounds right
SHe is good for smarts, but the longer she runs the more she is affected.
Keep her minutes in check
Sub her often but not for long spans

We have needed an on court leader desperately . Browns +\- is prob the best on the team. It’s really ok to have a mature leader even though she is not a wild untamed “athlete “ like some of those younger kids .
I vote brown . It’s really ok ......

In this game especially in the second half Central Arkansas was running the shot clock down into single digits before taking a shot. Had a few shot clock violations and that type of play kept the scoring down as we only had 58 shot attempts tonight. Shot 50 percent which was terrific made 4 of 13 from the three and saw Kellie a couple times talking to players about bad shot attempts once with Green and once with Burrell.

How can the Lady Vols "run away" with any game when scoring seems to be a major issue?
I think ND will have a really hard time scoring against Tennessee's size. They also won't have enough bodies or size to play adequate defense to stop Tennessee's post game from scoring easy layups.

If they don't win this game, I'll be very disappointed...

We seem to always find a way to lose at Notre Dame and even though they are down this season not gonna be easy to come out of there with a win. We just seem to make teams playing at home light up when we come to their place.

Everybody saw the ball go through the net tonight. I'm ok with what I saw as long as we keep improving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach Jumper
dont forget, nd has that really good guard transfer from nc, destinee walker. as we saw with etsu, they dont need size to beat tennessee. should be a good game tho

Last edited:
If we were playing that game at home I would think it was a win up there gonna be tough we have a really young team sophomores and freshmen play most of the minutes. That will be a tough crowd really have to be focused.

Whatever we say about their play or the coaching, it is nice to see our coach talking to the players and the players actually paying attention and responding. Didn’t happen with CHW.

We have needed an on court leader desperately . Browns +\- is prob the best on the team. It’s really ok to have a mature leader even though she is not a wild untamed “athlete “ like some of those younger kids.....

^^^These two things are a massive improvement. And it's good to see our play improve from game to game.

dont forget, nd has that really good guard transfer from nc, danielle patterson. as we saw with etsu, they dont need size to beat tennessee. should be a good game tho
Patterson was the post player who transferred. I don't think the NC player they got was that good.

They only have two players taller than 6'0 suited to play and only 5 scholarship players. They will be awful.

Patterson was the post player who transferred. I don't think the NC player they got was that good.

They only have two players taller than 6'0 suited to play and only 5 scholarship players. They will be awful.

sorry i got the name wrong..destinee walker

Interesting that Patterson leaves just when she was going to be a starter and one of the main players? I wonder why ?

This team reminds me a little of Mississippi State the year Tierra McCowan was a freshman. Essentially no seniors and a lot of young talent. They were on the cusp that year finishing 28-8 overall 11-5 in SEC play losing to UCONN in the Sweet 16.

Don’t want to get too ahead of myself but I can see both Key and Horston being game changing players the next couple seasons. Horston is pretty much there, just needs experience. Key has amazing body control for her age and size. She needs to get a little stronger and a little tougher, but she keeps the ball high and has great feet. Very high ceiling for this team in my opinion.

I thought central ark played pretty solid defense and they are well coached. This was a much better game to get a look at things than the ETSU game. The officiating was just so poor you couldn’t get a read on anything.

VN Store

Back