Butch withdraws from Rutgers coaching search

IMO His withdrawal before Rutger’s announcement should have some ramifications on his buyout provisions from UT. Just wishful thinking on my part but it would be nice if that could happen.
We should have paid him one year for his Saban internship, but after one year, kinda like unemployment compensation, if he didn't show that he made an effort to land other full time coaching jobs, we're out. Don't know why we wouldn't challenge this.

Not likely anyone coming from where B*tch is now would put his hat in the ring for a head coaching job and then just withdraw his name.
Clearly, Rutgers told him he isn't wanted and Butch's press agent spins the story to look otherwise.
But no one's buying the spin because we know how this works.

Reactions: tbh and UTSimSinAZ
From what I recall, the UT buyout clause states Butch must show he is seeking a head coaching job.

As one poster said, Rutgers may have informed Butch he was no longer a candidate to save face.

We should have paid him one year for his Saban internship, but after one year, kinda like unemployment compensation, if he didn't show that he made an effort to land other full time coaching jobs, we're out. Don't know why we wouldn't challenge this.
A really good team of lawyers could probably tear him apart if UT wanted to. The biggest problem is how long it would take, since it would likely be the first ruling of its kind (i think) and setting a precedent usually takes more time. So then the question becomes how much money do we save if we win versus how much MORE do we risk losing if we dont win.

Not likely anyone coming from where B*tch is now would put his hat in the ring for a head coaching job and then just withdraw his name.
Clearly, Rutgers told him he isn't wanted and Butch's press agent spins the story to look otherwise.
But no one's buying the spin because we know how this works.
Since Schiano had a successful stint at Rutger’s some years ago , B*tch never really had a chance.

I glad to see so many "Never again a BS coach like boy butch" on his thread! It was just a few years ago, we had a number of posters, most with an unnatural love for boy butch, posting how great he was, all he needed was another five years, not to mention, we heard almost daily, "Boy butch is the greatest recruiter that ever lived woooweee"! I'm glad to see they are keeping their secret love for boy butch to themselves!

Reactions: tennvols77
OR he could go the Mike Dubose/Ray Perkins route. High School!!

His contract spells out that he has a legal obligation to mitigate the university's obligation to lay liquidated damages, by seeking comparable employment, spelled out as a head or assistant coaching position at the college or professional level.

Reactions: sbm362
Looks like Rutgers is going with Schiano and Butch is doing this to save face

I don’t see any FCS school hiring Butch Jones as a head coach anytime soon. You don’t go 0-8 in conference play at a school with all of the resources like UT and then convince another school that you can do more with less.

His only hope would be to try to follow Dooley’s approach to try to rehabilitate his image...position coach, coordinator and then hope that somebody will forget your miserable failure at one of the Top 20 or better coaching jobs in the country.

It’s probably cheaper just to pay the man the buyout money, litigation is not cheap.
Doubt it’d be more than $212k per month for the next 24 months or so. Haven’t tried to sue anybody lately, but surely we’d save a chunk of money if we pursued Jones on this and won.

VN Store

Back