Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

according to the broadcasters, kellie is a coach who likes to sub all her players in to keep fresh legs..sounds like a recipe for disaster to me

I think she's still just trying different combos. After the last game, she changed up the starting lineup. I'd think about playing Harris more, unless or until she demonstrates she isn't up to it. I don't think Saunders will get off the bench much except in blowouts, and I think Rennie will only play in situations requiring a lot of outside shooting. And it seems we're going to have at least one player injured every game. That effectively brings the roster down to nine.

Reactions: madtownvol
according to the broadcasters, kellie is a coach who likes to sub all her players in to keep fresh legs..sounds like a recipe for disaster to me
Heard that and wanted to poke a sharp stick in my eye. I'm destined to never see the LV play decent offense again in my lifetime I guess. They're 19 for heaven's sake, their legs will be fine. This team badly needs to "jell" IMO. I'm afraid we don't have enough quality players to keep wholesale subbing from being disruptive.

Key will need to improve her reaction time. Right now, she is often a step or hand move too slow to the ball or a player.

That problem will keep her in foul trouble,

Heard that and wanted to poke a sharp stick in my eye. I'm destined to never see the LV play decent offense again in my lifetime I guess. They're 19 for heaven's sake, their legs will be fine. This team badly needs to "jell" IMO. I'm afraid we don't have enough quality players to keep wholesale subbing from being disruptive.

What a coach wants to do in an ideal world and what she does under the press of reality can often be different things.

Rae, not Brown....Brown as the shooter off the bench sounds right
SHe is good for smarts, but the longer she runs the more she is affected.
Keep her minutes in check
Sub her often but not for long spans
I take Burrell off the bench. To me, she is more equipped to provide "spark" off the bench, and also would benefit more from watching the action develop a bit before she goes in. Brown on the other hand, provides the steady hand to get things started. Doesn't necessarily mean Burrell won't play more minutes though.

Agree, good halftime adjustments; these are 2 games we easily could have lost the last few years. These LVs do seem to have less of a tendency to implode when things start going wrong and that's huge.

What a coach wants to do in an ideal world and what she does under the press of reality can often be different things.
Yeah, I was hoping that was just coachspeak. LOL she'll be lucky to find 5 or 6 she'll feel comfortable having out there when the real games start.

I take Burrell off the bench. To me, she is more equipped to provide "spark" off the bench, and also would benefit more from watching the action develop a bit before she goes in. Brown on the other hand, provides the steady hand to get things started. Doesn't necessarily mean Burrell won't play more minutes though.

Agree, good halftime adjustments; these are 2 games we easily could have lost the last few years. These LVs do seem to have less of a tendency to implode when things start going wrong and that's huge.

I just want to see how Burrell plays WITH the studs on the court too

VN Store

Back