Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

The players play one game, the coaches play another game...refs are part of that game
This team has 9 players and we have more fouls than they do so we should pound it inside to Key. Anything KK does in there is a bonus. We are driving to the middle and throwing a pass inside the lane and if it is successful we throw it back out to do it again.

Reactions: Volfan2012
i had flashbacks to holly when i saw the wholesale subs come in after they got up 14-6..i was almost in disbelief

The offense is shaky for sure not quite got the ball movement or cutting that we need. 33 points on 27 shots is ok but the fact we can't draw fouls and get to the line has to change.

Hate to say it, but Lou Brown does not look good out there. Her knee makes her the least athletic person on the court. It's a shame what a single injury can do.

Coach J, thanks for the stats. Will you also post that at the end of the game please? What is your take on our offense so far?

Hate to say it, but Lou Brown does not look good out there. Her knee makes her the least athletic person on the court. It's a shame what a single injury can do.

sadly, my thoughts too.

I hope to see Zaay, Key, Jordan, Ren and Rae on a set this half

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Their game plan is to run the clock really running it down close to 0 before they shoot probably an excellent strategy to keep from losing by 30. I think with patience we can score inside with Key almost everytime or at least get the pass out for an open shot.

Lou will play a lot I think. She is older and seems to have a calming effect on the youngsters. I would play Rennie as much as possible and let her fog up any shot she things she can hit. Better than us making 2 passes and then a TO!

Reactions: orangealways
i wish kellie would work the refs a bit.more...also rennia was very imconsistent last year and seems to.have carried that over to this season..lets hope that changes

sadly, my thoughts too.

I hope to see Zaay, Key, Jordan, Ren and Rae on a set this half

I am realizing how much the Collins transfer really hurt the team. Losing Evina hurt of course, but there is no real PLan B for Collins, whereas Horston provides that at PG.

Lou is not likely to match up well against top tier competition.

On the plus side, I think Keys has some real upside.

Rae needs to figure out her role. She has too much potential to be floundering like this.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Really great Jordan and Tamari are freshmen, with Jessie hitting 3’s, nice core for the future, plus Emily will come along, too.

Rennia needs to get going in the 2nd half. This team does not have enough firepower for her to have off nights like this.

Horston did great in carrying the load but she needs help from Zaay and Rennia.

KJH needs to figure out how to light a fire under Rennia. Either that or create a hybrid player with Rennia's god-given talent and Rae's energy and hustle.

VN Store

Back