What Other Message Boards are Saying-KY Edition

volsrock09

I've seen enough games between these two teams nothing would surprise me. They have been the hardest team for Kentucky to beat when it seemed like we were close in talent and most of the time we lost then too. Kentucky has to beat this Tennessee team and if we do, we should win out.
HAHA Bineli
Jennings will be the most competitive player on the field and will want it more than most of the players. Can we overcome that? Callaway is a problem and Chandler played well here two years ago. Their WR's battle hard for balls, so our DB's will have to be ultra physical or they will get beat on 50/50 balls. Gaurantano is playing well now and will be putting the ball up plenty of times so if we don't game plan to pressure him a lot they will kill us passing the ball because their WR's are so competitive.

LB Bineli sp? makes a ton of plays and a couple of their DB's cover well. Would try and avoid going at that LB, because we won't block him. Their LDE is a good player so how solid will Kinnard be on him? Running to the right or up the middle may be a problem. Think getting Lynn in space a whole lot is our best chance to put up plenty of points. Got a feeling we will need to score in the thirties to win.
They busted the SC game open on return yardage. I’m hoping kickoffs go through the endzone and Duffy is Duffy!

If we can harass JG on longer developing pass patterns we should be OK.

-UT is playing its best football of the season right now. UK better come out and play it’s best.

-UK has to take away the deep ball. End of story. That is the large majority of the Tennessee offense. While UT will run the ball the long throws and big plays are what makes them tick. Look at the USC game for example:

Drive 1: 12 yards and a punt. They had a 33 yard completion, but it was called back for ineligible man downfield.

Drive 2: No plays over 15 yards. They drive 36 yards and pick up a field goal.

Drive 3: First touchdown. 7 plays 77 yards. It was a very good drive with some decent runs, but the 26 yard reception on 3rd and 11 was the big play. Tennessee stalled out at the USC 1 yard line with a turnover on downs.

Drive 4: Technically this wasn't a drive, but a 55 yard Calaway punt return for a touchdown.

Drive 5: 3 plays for 2 yards.

Drive 6: 2 plays 75 yards. A 26 yard reception and a 48 yard reception by Jennings gets Tennessee their first offensive touchdown.

Drive 7: End of half.

Drive 8: 48 yard pass to Callaway sets up Tennessee missed field goal.

Drive 9: 22 yard pass to Palmer starts the drive. To save the drive and score, Tennessee hits Jennings on a 3rd and 14 for a 19 yard score. They go up 24-21 with just their second offensive touchdown.

Drive 10: Callaway reception for 55 yard touchdown. 4 play drive.

Drive 11: 3 plays 9 yards.

Drive 12: Pass to Jennings for 37 yards. Tennessee settles for a FG on the drive.

Drive 13: 5 plays for 15 yards. They did have a 15 yard run on this drive, but penalties hurt them.

They scored 2 touchdowns on special teams. The others are in large part thanks to big plays from their receivers. In large part, UK needs to focus on Jennings and Callaway and make Palmer beat them. Have our best corner shadow Jennings. He moves to the slot a lot. We should never allow a linebacker to cover him. Again, limit the big plays and UT becomes much more pedestrian (as does anyone).
They have three WR's that will beat us if we sit back scared to get beat deep. Their receivers are just too good, too tough and probably already want it more than our guys. They will win the 50/50 balls and be ultra physical on our DB's. Our best chance IMO of not getting destroyed on long pass plays is to put all the pressure on the QB we possibly can the whole game. We can't totally stop all of the big plays, will need to stop it enough to give ourselves a chance to win. Not sure how effective JG will be with his hand but the backup has shown he can hit the long passes also.

Yes we are fortunate to have a good chance of negating their kickoff returns and punt returns for the most part with our kickers. They do have three good runners so can't put everything and sell out on stopping the pass every down because their runners can bust the long run. Would be very focused on Chandler because he played very well last time in and for a young player he will have some confidence from that on this field.

Would love to have a lot of long drives to get their explosive offense from getting a ton of plays. But so much of it comes down to which players want it more, because we have plenty of talent to beat this team if we just play harder, more physical than them and smarter than them. They have been player harder and more physical than their opponents the last few games so we better come in with a killer attitude that won't be denied no matter what or they will beat us from sheer playing harder and more physical if we allow it
There is the concern for the Stoops to FSU claim
Thinking, rightfully so, that the whole FSU coaching debacle is a distraction UK/Stoops doesn't need as they prepare for the game. Hopefully UK can move past that for an upset win.
IMO, one of two things will happen.
1. CMS has the kids ready and focused. They play hard. We have a chance in a close one or,
2. The kids are distracted and Ky is blown out.
I picked the vols by 10......31-21. I hope I'm wrong, but they're playing much better right now compared to earlier to go along with with their overall talent and size advantage.
A TN Fan asked the board what UK thought their chances were.
Tennessee cannot stop Lynn Bowden UK wins
Expecting a close game. UK cannot afford to turn the ball over like UAB did tonight. The UK defense will be much stouter than UAB and Bowden is a threat for a big play every time he touches the ball.

TN is trending up, but I think they run into a buzzsaw next Saturday. There will be war in the trenches. UT has better receivers. UK will punch holes in the ground game. Our punter will keep you in long fields all night as long as we don't give up turnovers. In the end UK comes out ahead by a TD.
If both teams stay healthy throughout the game then I personally expect that we will roll UT. I am not being cocky. Both teams are trending up but I think that the revenge factor and home field advantage will be in our favors. I am happy that UT won today, I think that will help us too. I hate playing teams when they lose the week before we play them.It should be an exciting game no matter which way it goes. It is always a grudge match when these 2 teams play and will be fun to watch. If you haven't seen Lynn Bowden play in the last 3 games then you're in for a treat, or a nightmare! I haven't watched UT play this season but I doubt they can contain LB.
Outcome of UK-UT on Saturday depends on whether UK's OL outplays UT's DL, and which team prevails in giveaway-takeaway stats
We crap the bed nearly every year against them so I'm not expecting a win. We just have some mental block against them. For instance, in the previous 3 seasons, we were 9-0 against Missouri, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt but only 1-2 against Tennessee. While those 3 teams were 8-1 against UT during that same 3 year period.
Only good thing going for us is one of the last times we beat them we had a wide receiver at QB. Hopefully it will happen again.
I’m expecting a pretty good game. I think we win on the ground and our running backs should get to 200 yards between them. I look for Bowden to have a special day and maybe even his best as a Cat, I can see him getting 100/100 Air and Ground!! Our Defense has played unbelievable and got better and better and I think they’ll hold Tennessee to13points.

Kentucky- 27, Tennessee- 13!!
The best of luck to you all and I hope everyone has a great, injury free game. Go Cats!!!
In the last 10 years against UT, UK should have gone 8-2, but instead is 2-8. I don’t expect to win the game. It’s all mental for UK. Last year UK was good, UT was bad, and everybody saw what happened. I hope that I am wrong though.
Tennessee's entire offense is Jauan Jennings. 47 receptions. No one else has over 20. Other receivers are good, but Jennings makes them go. UK has to focus on him and take him away. The long ball is basically their entire offense. Jennings isn't the fastest guy but just has an amazing ability to get open and to make catches in tight coverage.

Tennessee will try to run a whole lot to set up those deep throws. That means the line and linebackers need to stop the run and the safeties need to stay back and help the corners.

Obviously, Tennessee needs to shut down Bowden. Their defense is best when they can pin their ears back and send Taylor off the edge. UK needs to stay out of third and long and Bowden needs to be 100 percent aware of where Taylor is on every passing play
the bye week thing worries me...
he will come out with with how much LB and SS have improved health and knowledge of the offense...he says the same stuff after every bye week...
IMO (in many interviews) he comes across as "I am much,much smarter than the stupid fans, I will just give my arrogant "stfu" answers...until I need your support and then you dumb fans better be there for me and the team"...jmo
In response to the Bama game being close.
You won't!! Bama overlooked you. You cant stop our running game. That will keep Juan Jenkins on the sidelines for long stretches. This is a Kentucky team loaded with talent that has found its identity, both offensively and defensively. We beat you with a WR at QB once before and are going to do it again.

Our Defense has played unbelievable and got better and better and I think they’ll hold Tennessee to13points.

They give up 20 points and over to Arkansas, Scar and and Ms St in recent games and they're going to hold us to 13?? OK

EDIT: Good work BTW @volsrock09
Easy now, remember when Brady said that and the 07 Patriots were held to 14 points in the SB lmao.

Easy now, remember when Brady said that and the 07 Patriots were held to 14 points in the SB lmao.
TBH it wouldnt surprise me a whole lot if we completely laid and egg and lost.. I dont think it will happen but hey I didnt think we would be 0-2 either :)

Reactions: JCFL '95
Our Defense has played unbelievable and got better and better and I think they’ll hold Tennessee to13points.

They give up 20 points and over to Arkansas, Scar and and Ms St in recent games and they're going to hold us to 13?? OK

They will if jg plays, that is 13 offensive points

Reactions: joevol33
Would you just give it a rest for awhile. Every post does not have to confirm your extreme dislike for JG. Even Kentucky's fans have more respect for him than you do.

Pretty confident if JG plays majority of snaps, I do worry about Maurer. Seems the team really feeds off his energy and he seems like a true dual threat QB that has given us problems over the years.

Pretty confident if JG plays majority of snaps, I do worry about Maurer. Seems the team really feeds off his energy and he seems like a true dual threat QB that has given us problems over the years.
I am sure USCjr felt the same way.

Reactions: JCVOL

Right, they lost to those teams besides Arky by double digits. The same teams we beat by double digits! Lmao!

Wow, they're dumb. At least the commenters on the bottom are. They think only JG is playing at QB. Haha Haha! Gots surprises coming for them. Glad they think LB is their savior just like they did Snell last yr. Must've forgot we can and will shut him down, just like we did Benny. They may have a good defense, but I doubt it's near Bamas or GA's level. Probably on par with UAB's.

I did do some looking to see how their D is. They give up 175/game while UT has given up 138 . Passing they give up 180/game and UT has given up 213. KYs offense rushes for 201 ypg while passing for 154 and UT has rushed for 138 ypg while passing for 210. To me, it looks like a strength against strength/weakness against weakness type of game. On paper, this should be the most evenly matched game this year with literally a few yards apart for each side of the ball.

DLine which was my biggest concern early in the season has made huge improvements and I feel much better about their ability to stop KY rushing attack.

On the other side, I trust Jim Chaney to get the best out of whoever we trot out at QB. JJ and Calloway are hot right now also.

Give me the Vols by a score..31-24

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back