Evina denied

Alexa Middleton transfers because she wouldn't see much floor time here. Good good, LVFL

Evina Westbrook transfers because she's ungrateful for the opportunity to play on the Summit. **** her.

Your claim is preposterous, no one has said a word about her being grateful or ungrateful. I don't think anyone has said "I hate Evina Westbrook" or whatever you're suggesting.

What they HAVE talked about is her transferring to the one -- the ONE -- program in the nation whose coach's attitude toward Tennessee traditionally orbits between diplomatically neutral and utterly derisive. The one program whose fans have consistently have dumped on the Lady Vols, Pat Summitt, and anyone else remotely related to Tennessee since winning their first title. Yeah ... you know ... I can see how that might not be ... might not be something they keep up much investment in. I can see how that might just rub 'em a bit on the raw side. Yeah. I think I can see that.

Last edited:
"Your co-leading scorer and one of few returning starters is leaving to come to play for me, who has next year's top recruit signed along with a bunch of other top recruits. Me...the coach whose ethics offended your iconic legend and personal friend so much that she refused to play my teams again so long as I was in charge.

How about a little help here?

Your pal,

Luigi"

"Your co-leading scorer and one of few returning starters is leaving to come to play for me, who has next year's top recruit signed along with a bunch of other top recruits. Me...the coach whose ethics offended your iconic legend and personal friend so much that she refused to play my teams again so long as I was in charge.

Your pal,

Luigi"

A little honesty goes a long ways. Facts always help. You like everyone else who spews this alternate fact crap, have none. Why? Because there is always only innuendo. To the “ I know someone who is the daughter of my neighbor’s uncle who knew the next door neighbor of Pat’s who was overheard saying this about Geno ________”, don’t bother coming out of the wood work

Pat Summitt was a great Coach and an excellent inspiration/mentor to young women. That should be enough for Lady Vol fans without the need to discredit another great coach with made-up crap

Last edited:
Okaaaaay.

Perhaps you could point out even one thing in my poor attempt at humor that was "made up." Even though my lil' missive missed the comedy mark, the facts presented within were thoroughly researched and indeliby scrutinized and scrubbed for maximum truthiness. It was a perect post...perfect, I tell ya!

Honest Earline, I just think that a lot of us find the circumstances wildly amusing. It's like the black sheep cousin of a clan running off with the ex-girlfriend of a brother and then having the gall to call the jilted one and ask for gas money. And to make matters worse, the scoundrel already had a passel of good-lookin' galfriends back home with even more pinin' for his favors just a-waitin' for him to look their way.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBalls33
Okaaaaay.

Perhaps you could point out even one thing in my poor attempt at humor that was "made up." Even though my lil' missive missed the comedy mark, the facts presented within were thoroughly researched and indeliby scrutinized and scrubbed for maximum truthiness. It was a perect post...perfect, I tell ya!

Honest Earline, I just think that a lot of us find the circumstances wildly amusing. It's like the black sheep cousin of a clan running off with the ex-girlfriend of a brother and then having the gall to call the jilted one and ask for gas money. And to make matters worse, the scoundrel already had a passel of good-lookin' galfriends back home with even more pinin' for his favors just a-waitin' for him to look their way.[/QUOte

cite your facts behind the ethics statement. Facts not some half fast opinion

cite your facts behind the ethics statement. Facts not some half fast opinion

Before you continue with any knee-jerk reactions to the "ethics" comment, perhaps a little reading comprehension is in order. creekdipper did not allude to any "ethics" issues. The comment, when read in full, was about Pat Summitt's evaluation and her response to actions by Geno to which she alluded. Whether you accept her evaluation of the circumstances, or not, they are an historical fact. And, Geno has essentially said "Help me out here" when he suggests that the Tennessee AD could/should do more to further Ms Westbrook's request for immediate eligibilty. And this, after being quoted in your local papers as having said that Westbrook was mistreated at Tennessee. So much so that, if the same circumstances existed at UConn, it would warrant an "investigation.

Pretty ballsy, if you ask me! (Which, by the way, I know you did not). And, just for your information, I was at TBA when Pat came out of her meeting with Ms. Moore and know directly what was stated by our "iconic" coach.

Jim

Your pal,

Luigi"
LOL..The delusion is astounding.

If you are suggesting that Pat Summitt would cancel the (at the time) premier matchup in WCBB for any reason other than ethics, please state your case.

This is the same Pat Summitt who would play anyone, anywhere (including outdoors in thecold) in order to advance the game. The person who is considered the ultimate ambassador for the game. To suggest that she would take such a drastic action at a time when UT had the upper hand in then-current rivalry is insulting to her professionalism and generosity cited by so many of her peers.

Although Summitt refused to directly state her reasons, statements from the opposing coach and many others, as well as communication to NCAA filed by UT at the time re: suspected recruiting violations, have been accepted by most as the reason Summitt took the action she did. If you dispute any of the above, feel free to offer facts to correct any alleged errors.

Sorry, Jim, I was typing while you were posting. Thanks for clearly stating what I was trying to get across...which, as you say, is historical fact.

Also appreciate your firsthand knowledge and testimony about CPS's motivations.

Before you continue with any knee-jerk reactions to the "ethics" comment, perhaps a little reading comprehension is in order. creekdipper did not allude to any "ethics" issues. The comment, when read in full, was about Pat Summitt's evaluation and her response to actions by Geno to which she alluded. Whether you accept her evaluation of the circumstances, or not, they are an historical fact. And, Geno has essentially said "Help me out here" when he suggests that the Tennessee AD could/should do more to further Ms Westbrook's request for immediate eligibilty. And this, after being quoted in your local papers as having said that Westbrook was mistreated at Tennessee. So much so that, if the same circumstances existed at UConn, it would warrant an "investigation.

Pretty ballsy, if you ask me! (Which, by the way, I know you did not). And, just for your information, I was at TBA when Pat came out of her meeting with Ms. Moore and know directly what was stated by our "iconic" coach.

Jim

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to reply about the ethics statement of another poster. Not sure what the hell you’re talking about and all but thanks

My request of creek dipper still stands

If you are suggesting that Pat Summitt would cancel the (at the time) premier matchup in WCBB for any reason other than ethics, please state your case.

This is the same Pat Summitt who would play anyone, anywhere (including outdoors in thecold) in order to advance the game. The person who is considered the ultimate ambassador for the game. To suggest that she would take such a drastic action at a time when UT had the upper hand in then-current rivalry is insulting to her professionalism and generosity cited by so many of her peers.

Although Summitt refused to directly state her reasons, statements from the opposing coach and many others, as well as communication to NCAA filed by UT at the time re: suspected recruiting violations, have been accepted by most as the reason Summitt took the action she did. If you dispute any of the above, feel free to offer facts to correct any alleged errors.
I made no such suggestion. Go back and read my post. My post stands as written. I simply asked you to cite your proof regarding ethics. Pat herself didn’t. She made comments she did not substantiate at a time when her illness had a firm hold her regrettably You still didn’t give a link or proof regarding your ethics comment. When you can do so please do so

Again, what Evina said is not what is widely and erroneously attributed to her:

She stated that she did not know if Holly would be back (after the first round loss to UCLA) and that changes needed to be made in terms of "off the court stuff" and changes in the staff. That is a far cry from calling for anyone to be fired.

But, let's go further. Evina was not asked this question the year before. And why? Because, the season before (even though a disappointing one), there was not serious administrative movement to sack Holly. Last season was quite different. All the reporters knew that Holly was on the proverbial hot seat and that a first round tourney loss was likely the final straw. That is why reporters ask Evina if she thought Holly would be back to which she said "I don't know".

I don't think that was an inappropriate answer at all but was a crap question to ask a student athlete. Ask Fulmer that but not a player right after a tournament loss. But, Evina' s statement had NOTHING to do with Holly being fired. That decision was already imminent and it baffles me that anyone would think that Evina played some kind of role in Holly quite justified dismissal.

Here would be Fulmer's reasoning -- okay, the LVs have been on a four year slide; every notable media pundit is commenting on how poorly coached the team is; fans and alumni are demanding a change. Eh, screw all that,. I am sticking with Holly. Wait, Evina Westbrook said that changes need to be made in the staff! OMG, that changes everything! Start the search for a new head coach. What Evina wishes is my command!"
No matter what Westbrook said or did not say, we need to leave that issue alone and move on. She is not our worry.

Alexa transferred because she wanted to enjoy basketball,,,had nothing to do with PT
Don't they kind of go together? However, what you say I think was true. Seems like it irked her, as it should, that apparently players from other teams would mention to another on their team that she was slow & to take advantage of that. I think she went on to play at Iowa State & did well there. So, it may have worked out for her in transferring.

Did anyone ever figure out how Katherine Moore was able to instantly lift herself out of poverty in Atlanta in order to go live in Connecticut — with it’s above average cost of living — where she suddenly had the capital to start a successful handbag business? How does that happen without some special favors being given by someone up there?

And how do Katherine Moore’s products get to be sold at the UCONN store with UCONN logos on them without some sort of “special arrangement” being made? I sure never have heard of any other students’ and/or players’ parents selling their wares through official university websites, have any of you?

Last edited:
I made no such suggestion. Go back and read my post. My post stands as written. I simply asked you to cite your proof regarding ethics. Pat herself didn’t. She made comments she did not substantiate at a time when her illness had a firm hold her regrettably You still didn’t give a link or proof regarding your ethics comment. When you can do so please do so

No need to since you just confirmed it yourself in the post above.

Surely your own belief should satisfy your demands. If not, then have a nice internal dialogue while hashing out conflicts.

P.S. Just to be extra-helpful, Google "auriemma reason summitt canceled series." If you won't even believe UCONN's coach as to why Summitt canceled the series and think he's lying, no amount of proof will persuade someone who's just being contrary. I'd post the link and include the quotes myself if on computer rather than phone, but I'm sure it would be worth a couple of seconds for you to satisfy your curiosity. Auriemma has never retracted those public comments.

Of course, he did say "recruiting violations" rather than "ethics," so you can say that you are technically correct. Because we all know that recruiting violations have nothing to do with ethics.

Last edited:
Don't they kind of go together? However, what you say I think was true. Seems like it irked her, as it should, that apparently players from other teams would mention to another on their team that she was slow & to take advantage of that. I think she went on to play at Iowa State & did well there. So, it may have worked out for her in transferring.
Holly had no idea what to do with Alexa. She flourished at Iowa State, and it wasn't because she got any faster.

Holly had no idea what to do with Alexa. She flourished at Iowa State, and it wasn't because she got any faster.[/QUOTE
I wonder what brought the change for her there? Maybe a combination, or specific role development from Coach ... ? Coaches can be such a difference maker either way for
the game and for life. Pat Summit was a great example of that. Seemingly more for life than even the game.

Did anyone ever figure out how Katherine Moore was able to instantly lift herself out of poverty in Atlanta in order to go live in Connecticut — with it’s above average cost of living — where she suddenly had the capital to start a successful handbag business? How does that happen without some special favors being given by someone up there?

And how do Katherine Moore’s products get to be sold at the UCONN store with UCONN logos on them without some sort of “special arrangement” being made? I sure never have heard of any other students’ and/or players’ parents selling their wares through official university websites, have any of you?

Instigators needing investigation clearly imo

I wonder what brought the change for her there? Maybe a combination, or specific role development from Coach ... ? Coaches can be such a difference maker either way for
the game and for life. Pat Summit was a great example of that. Seemingly more for life than even the game.
Alexa didn't believe that Holly had high expectations of her. Those were her own words. Fennelly gave her the self confidence to perform at her best

Evina Westbrook was denied a waiver because she doesn't meet the criteria-- simple as that. She had to file a gray area petition. She wasn't moving closer to home and she wasn't denied playing time at UT, so the "100-mile" and "no participation" guidelines weren't applicable. She had to claim mitigating circumstances. So whatever case UConn attempted to fabricate-- lack of medical care, mistreatment, social bullying-- can't be sufficiently supported. UConn knows this. So now they're imploring Fulmer to support an "egregious conduct" allegation to circumvent the process. They were fortunate that UT remained neutral, instead of aggressively countering-- which most schools do as a matter of policy and certainly would have done in this situation.

Mimi Collins had a stronger case than Evina Westbrook, but she took a redshirt year. Credit Mimi and Brenda Frese for realizing that a waiver was unlikely to be granted and not trying to crowbar it through by stacking allegations and hoping the other school would go along-- or at least not shoot too many holes in it. The reality is, both players just wanted to play somewhere else. Fair enough. The transfer process allows for that and UT supported both SAs in their transfer. But the price of that is sitting a year.

Evina Westbrook was denied a waiver because she doesn't meet the criteria-- simple as that. She had to file a gray area petition. She wasn't moving closer to home and she wasn't denied playing time at UT, so the "100-mile" and "no participation" guidelines weren't applicable. She had to claim mitigating circumstances. So whatever case UConn attempted to fabricate-- lack of medical care, mistreatment, social bullying-- can't be sufficiently supported. UConn knows this. So now they're imploring Fulmer to support an "egregious conduct" allegation to circumvent the process. They were fortunate that UT remained neutral, instead of aggressively countering-- which most schools do as a matter of policy and certainly would have done in this situation.

Mimi Collins had a stronger case than Evina Westbrook, but she took a redshirt year. Credit Mimi and Brenda Frese for realizing that a waiver was unlikely to be granted and not trying to crowbar it through by stacking allegations and hoping the other school would go along-- or at least not shoot too many holes in it. The reality is, both players just wanted to play somewhere else. Fair enough. The transfer process allows for that and UT supported both SAs in their transfer. But the price of that is sitting a year.

One of the best written posts on this subject! Thank you

You have no idea what the criteria is for a waiver because the NCAA doesn’t have one. That has been the complaints of the schools for years. Why did Shepard of ND get one two years ago? She met none of what you said was the criteria. Did you see the actual waiver request? Doubtful, since it’s private. So your ridiculous claim that stuff was made up was just that. Ridiculous.

Holly had no idea what to do with Alexa. She flourished at Iowa State, and it wasn't because she got any faster.
Alexa was happier at Iowa State, I will give you that. I watched quite a few of her games last year and I would say less pressure to perform helped with her happiness but I wouldn't say she flourished. Go look at all her stats from last year. Nothing outstanding there and turnovers were still an issue. I liked Alexa and wanted her to stay but lets not act like she lit it up at Iowa State. I'm glad she did enjoy her last year of BB though.

I'm not sure what you mean by flourished. If you mean she seemed happier playing, I can't speak to that. Her stats between her last year at Tennessee and last season at Iowa State were not significantly different. Her shooting percentage was 39.5% compared to 41.9%. Her 3point percentages were 38.9% compared to 34.1%. Her assist/to ratio went from 1.08 to 1.64, a fairly significant positive jump, in my opinion. She averaged about 2 minutes more per game and started in every game at Iowa State versus playing in every game at Tennessee, but starting in only 13 of 32. Nothing in the statistics jumps out as being significantly different between the two programs (although she did take about 1/3 more shots per game at Iowa State) with the exception of the starting role. Just my opinion.

Jim

VN Store

Back