Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow. Just for giggles I looked up our favorite overpaid HC at Michigan.

With Stanford he went 6-6 against ranked teams
With Michigan (so far) he's 10-12 against ranked teams

Seems to have the hiccups with top 10 teams specifically. Since 12 of his total 18 top 25 losses were to teams ranked in the top 10 at the time.

From my friends who work in ADs, big boosters as a group are fairly representative of the rest of society. Some super emotional, some level headed, some a little of both.
Usually depends on how they acquired their money and how old they are.

Here's an article on why Bob Stoops came out of retirement to the take The XFL job in Texas. One of the reasons was the fact that it was less than 200 miles from Norman and he could still be around his kids who all attend OU and his son Drake plays football there.

Bob Stoops figured he wouldn't coach again. But several key factors led him back into football
I had no idea stoops went to the xfl, that’s crazy.

Why haven’t any teams taken a dominant CFL coach yet? Recruiting?

Pruitt is in position with his coaches (1 more coach on the offensive side) where he could absorb a loss of an offensive side coach and just add Lupoi as an extra defensive coach (without losing any coach on D). for example, if Weinke(sp?) were to leave, Chaney could become the OC/QB coach without any disruption. With all that said, there will probably be at least a couple coaches leave as happens most years. Finding a spot for Lupoi would NOT be a problem.
Nah silly, Chaney is the OL coach.

Yeah, and this Anderson dude said CPF is considered a pariah amongst ADs. Right. Not just anybody can be the President of the AFCA. Different group, but if he had that kind of reputation amongst any group in cfb he wouldn't have been the President of AFCA.
I am still chuckling about Dodd's remarks about what a good dude Schiano is.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Oh, nevermind then...still being given one coach who is out of football anyway as a "do not hire" as a deal breaker seems kind of dumb.
I agree but it would about take an elite coach to fix that dumpster fire out west, but then again we had no room to talk two years ago....

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Nah silly, Chaney is the OL coach.

If...Weinke was to leave and we chose not to add another offensive coach, I'd reshuffle responsibility this way.

OC/OL - Chaney
QB/PGC - Tee Martin
WR - Johnson
RB/RGC - Will Friend
TE - Nieds

Probably even out the money a bit too so Friend isn't making so much more than the other guys, it's a promotion for Tee to be back with QBs...Johnson may not like getting yo-yo'd between positions, but Friend's only other positional experience is with RBs and with Chaney being heavily involved with OL this would make good sense.

I agree but it would about take an elite coach to fix that dumpster fire out west, but then again we had no room to talk to years ago....

I'd call Jeff Fisher if I was hiring a new HC at USC.

1. He's an alumni from there, so he'd have great support from boosters/former players
2. He's got a good track record at the NFL level
3. With the recent success of Herm Edwards (in the PAC-12 too) be the best time to make this sort of hire for them

If...Weinke was to leave and we chose not to add another offensive coach, I'd reshuffle responsibility this way.

OC/OL - Chaney
QB/PGC - Tee Martin
WR - Johnson
RB/RGC - Will Friend
TE - Nieds

Probably even out the money a bit too so Friend isn't making so much more than the other guys, it's a promotion for Tee to be back with QBs...Johnson may not like getting yo-yo'd between positions, but Friend's only other positional experience is with RBs and with Chaney being heavily involved with OL this would make good sense.
I'd stick Chaney at QB coach and keep the rest how it is, he can always help a little with the offensive line through offensive staff meetings and if he sees something blatantly wrong, a lot of the improvement on the O-Line I feel like is from another year in the S&C program and the injection of talent from our last OL recruiting class, not necessarily Chaney taking over Friend on OL coaching

Tennessee is 106th in total offense and 39th in total defense.
Kentucky is 103rd in total offense and 45th in total defense.

I'm expecting a high scoring shootout on Saturday.......
12-9 here we come, LOL
Or, as often happens with numbers like these, it will be 45-42.

I'd call Jeff Fisher if I was hiring a new HC at USC.

1. He's an alumni from there, so he'd have great support from boosters/former players
2. He's got a good track record at the NFL level
3. With the recent success of Herm Edwards (in the PAC-12 too) be the best time to make this sort of hire for them
I don't hate it but would he be able to adapt to today's game? Things have changed a lot since he was coaching the ole Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back