2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn’t sarcasm. I really thought they were highly thought after recruits. You seem to know that program well. Can’t get them all I guess. Hopefully he will start beating out TCU and North Carolina there.

It would help if a guy like Davidson had success. I asked about him a few weeks back and you didn’t even know who I was talking about so I take that as a bad sign

Reactions: RollerVol
It would help if a guy like Davidson had success. I asked about him a few weeks back and you didn’t even know who I was talking about so I take that as a bad sign
Yeah he has been getting some innings in the Fall. A lot of depth with this staff. Aaron Fitt with D1 says it might be the best bullpen in the SEC.

Can you provide some information and/or proof to back up this statement?
I’m not going to throw any one person, school or team under the bus but they mostly say stuff like why would anyone want to go play there or why would you want your kid to go there? Because “they recruit everybody”. Abnormally high numbers in fall/try out season. Stuff like that. Look at Bruin’s stuff. He’s spot on with most of his posts.

First. I care if the staff is playing by the rules, they can bend them the way lot’s of schools bend them, but I would never be okay with breaking them.

Second. I could care less what MLB folks think, they are as much a problem for College Baseball as anything else, besides the scholly situation.

Third. If they aren’t honest with players and families, it will catch up with them in time.

So, right now, in building mode, the only team down the road I care about, is being competitive with VU.

GBO!!!

First. I care if the staff is playing by the rules, they can bend them the way lot’s of schools bend them, but I would never be okay with breaking them.

Second. I could care less what MLB folks think, they are as much a problem for College Baseball as anything else, besides the scholly situation.

Third. If they aren’t honest with players and families, it will catch up with them in time.

So, right now, in building mode, the only team down the road I care about, is being competitive with VU.

GBO!!!

words to live by...;)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: StarRaider
thanks for the info...hope he stays committed...from GatorLand makes it that much better...yeah, I live here...well, my body is here anyway...not my mind...;)

Reactions: StarRaider
You need to realize

One of them redshirted last year and the other only threw 15 innings. Was down the list

Lol
Hoping you're wrong. Saw where one of them was the "star" at a recent tourney in Florida and is being clocked at 100. IIRC, the redshirt was due to an injury.

Either way, always good to see local guys play and do well.

Hoping you're wrong. Saw where one of them was the "star" at a recent tourney in Florida and is being clocked at 100. IIRC, the redshirt was due to an injury.

Either way, always good to see local guys play and do well.

He’s one of their best guys this year. The draft is a real worry for the vols

Not looking for a fight with you but asking a serious question BruinVol. I looked at the field Tuesday and realized we could lose up to 10+ guys to seniors and junior eligible draft guys that are legit draftees. How do you account for that without over recruiting? If all 12-14 get drafted or leave because of graduation how do you legitimately recruit. Because you could also only have 5-7 leave? I know you have a strong opinion but just want to know your thoughts without starting a fight. I think it is a catch 22 situation at times. You get too many or you don't get enough.

Not looking for a fight with you but asking a serious question BruinVol. I looked at the field Tuesday and realized we could lose up to 10+ guys to seniors and junior eligible draft guys that are legit draftees. How do you account for that without over recruiting? If all 12-14 get drafted or leave because of graduation how do you legitimately recruit. Because you could also only have 5-7 leave? I know you have a strong opinion but just want to know your thoughts without starting a fight. I think it is a catch 22 situation at times. You get too many or you don't get enough.

Over signing to cover yourself for the draft is fair and should be done

Over signing knowing you are over signing by a large number well beyond the draft numbers is immoral

I’ve said that a lot on here

Zellem is from the same High School as Max Ferguson and Austin Knight. UT setting up a pipeline from Jacksonville Bolles

I lived about 1.5 hours from Bolles and we played them a couple different times in high school. They are a baseball factory down there.

If TV can keep getting recruits from there, that's a big win in recruiting.

I knew I could count on you BruinVol. Maybe he is figuring if it all gets chaotic they will take them in order of commitment. I heard he is good but a lot can change in 4 years. Per PG 84 rhp/c.

I knew I could count on you BruinVol. Maybe he is figuring if it all gets chaotic they will take them in order of commitment. I heard he is good but a lot can change in 4 years. Per PG 84 rhp/c.

no one and I mean no one is any sport should be able to be recruited to any school before they get to HS

I’m with you but we live in a new culture. And if a school says no someone else or else’s will say yes

We don’t live in a culture where many 8th graders are being recruiting.
Sorry but it’s only coaches that are willing to drop your ass in a New York minute that are willing to stoop this low.

but at least we agree it’s bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back