2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to over sign, period! The number of over signees can be debated til death due us part and both sides of the argument can be interpreted to be right.

The roster is always fluid with guys leaving via the draft, going to another program or just missing mommy. It's not like the kids are duped. They (and their families) know the deal going in. Or they should, at least, because this information is available pretty much anywhere via the internet.

The college coaches that over recruit their scholarship numbers are betting that all the players signed will not show up on campus in August.

Should there be a limit? Not sure how you can set a limit when kids now a days are being recruited when they're a freshman in HS and there is no way of knowing what the roster is going to look like 3.5 years down the road.......possibly the NCAA mandates no signees or commits until their Senior year of HS however that wouldn't count the JC transfers coming into a program.

I wouldn't put my faith in the NCAA to do anything right or fair..............

you have to over sign, period! The number of over signees can be debated til death due us part and both sides of the argument can be interpreted to be right.

The roster is always fluid with guys leaving via the draft, going to another program or just missing mommy. It's not like the kids are duped. They (and their families) know the deal going in. Or they should, at least, because this information is available pretty much anywhere via the internet.

The college coaches that over recruit their scholarship numbers are betting that all the players signed will not show up on campus in August.

Should there be a limit? Not sure how you can set a limit when kids now a days are being recruited when they're a freshman in HS and there is no way of knowing what the roster is going to look like 3.5 years down the road.......possibly the NCAA mandates no signees or commits until their Senior year of HS however that wouldn't count the JC transfers coming into a program.

I wouldn't put my faith in the NCAA to do anything right or fair..............
And I’m not saying I disagree or agree with you completely. There’s a problem in NCAA baseball but some programs are way worse than others. Some programs can get away with this. I just don’t think UT has a track record to do it that way. IMO. Good post though.

Not false at all. Scouts, advisers and other coaches do not speak highly of this staff. I didn’t say all but it’s a high number. Keep looking through rose-colored glasses.
Was actually at a wedding Saturday night and was at a table with the head coach of one of the best juco programs in the country, a division 1 head coach, a minor league coach for the Cardinals and a minor League coach for the Angels. Wish I had some conversations audio recorded for you on there thoughts with the current Vols staff and program. Sorry your son wasn’t treated how you wanted him to be. Find a better hobby then slamming them on a message board with lies and move on with yourself.

I think that it is the responsibility of the players/parents to know what they are getting when they are given an offer. I know there are a lot of kids in Tennessee who would risk losing a year to have a chance to wear the Orange T. They are told their chances of not making it and still would do anything to have the chance. I think that applies to all D1 schools to some extent. There are kids who are not really D1 material by the numbers that are given chances by ETSU, MTSU, AP, and others that are willing to take that chance to play D1 baseball whereas there are mid D1 guys who would take any chance to play at a P5 school, including UT who might not fit the numbers. They believe they can be the one who beats the system. And I have to applaud coaches that give those players a chance. I don't believe in today's world that it is misleading when it is all over the internet the numbers that a coach can keep and the numbers that are at fall from previous years. Someone who is looking at UT or any other school should be at a fall practice or scrimmage and be counting the numbers. If there are more than 35, they should know that there are X number that won't be there in the spring. So when that school contacts them, they know they have to earn a spot. My son, and I'm guessing every other freshman and transfer, knew when they stepped on campus in the summer that they had to beat out some guys in the fall to wear the T before they could compete against the teams on their schedule in the spring. If they did not realize that then that is their fault not the coaching staffs fault. I also realize it goes all the way down. There is a NAIA school in TN that had 92 players show up for fall with a varsity and JV team. Guess how many of them won't wear a uniform this spring. But they should have known because that is the regular practice of this school every year. Sometimes the due diligence has to go on the kid/parents not the coach. You have to know what you are getting into and be willing to take a chance. I think most players understand this at most P5 schools. If not, then they did not do their part as recruits/parents.
I also understand the hurt of not making the cut. Sometimes you think you are one of the best to find out there are some better. It hurts but life hurts.

Reactions: vol66
And if they cull them lose before even getting that opportunity or even getting to campus?

You might want to just admit it’s a damn dirty business where the school has zero risk.

Commit, commit, commit and keep taking commitments

Then cull cull cull cull

Then cut cut cut cut

It’s damn dirty and you know it
Question. If you are upfront with the kid and his parents and let him know that is the drill and they we understand and the kid still comes here knowing the full deal, how is that CTV's fault exactly and how it is it dirty? You realize the Barnes oversigns from time to time and has already told a few players that it is time to go elsewhere after they were on the team for a few years.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Question. If you are upfront with the kid and his parents and let him know that is the drill and they we understand and the kid still comes here knowing the full deal, how is that CTV's fault exactly and how it is it dirty? You realize the Barnes oversigns from time to time and has already told a few players that it is time to go elsewhere after they were on the team for a few years.

The staff isnt upfront and honest in fact I know specific instances of where they haven’t been. I even posted about them here. Sorry but it’s just easier to admit this staff along with many others recruit in way that Is all about winning and isn’t concerned with who is hurt along the way.

I’ll also say this kind of recruiting is the only way this program can succeed with so I understand it. Doesn’t mean I have to support it though and I won’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titan05
With all due respect people aren’t going to say negatives to you. It’s what they say behind you guys back that is more the norm

Sorry to inform you of that but it’s true

But it doesn’t matter If you can put your head on your pillow at night and feel good about win at all cost approach. I get it
Was actually at a wedding Saturday night and was at a table with the head coach of one of the best juco programs in the country, a division 1 head coach, a minor league coach for the Cardinals and a minor League coach for the Angels. Wish I had some conversations audio recorded for you on there thoughts with the current Vols staff and program. Sorry your son wasn’t treated how you wanted him to be. Find a better hobby then slamming them on a message board with lies and move on with yourself.
l

Last edited:
Not false at all. Scouts, advisers and other coaches do not speak highly of this staff. I didn’t say all but it’s a high number. Keep looking through rose-colored glasses.
Can you provide some information and/or proof to back up this statement?

With all due respect people aren’t going to say negatives to you. It’s what they say behind you guys back that is more the norm

Sorry to inform you of that but it’s true

But it doesn’t matter If you can put your head on your pillow at night and feel good about win at all cost approach. I get it

l
This Juco coach has players on this roster and is sending more. But whatever man.

This Juco coach has players on this roster and is sending more. But whatever man.

Ok glad he has a good relationship with some. He should have a good relationship with all juco coaches he deals with but I can tell you he without question doesn’t

Oh and btw it’s very very smart for juco coaches to kiss ass to the staff with all
The cuts and culls tv has. It’s like Christmas morning for them all
The time with those cuts and culls

Can you provide some information and/or proof to back up this statement?
He won’t be able too. **** maybe some don’t. Hell you can’t please everyone. CTV is known in all circles as one of the top recruiters in the country. You don’t get that reputation by not having relationships built all across this country. You also make some enemies when you’re that successful too. It’s a couple people with vendettas against this staff for some reason making assumptions and lies. Absolutely nothing is promised to anyone. The talent got upgraded and some departures happened. This staff had to bring this program out of the gutter and did it n 1 year. These are things you do to Turn around a program fast. Pretty incredible. Go Vols

Reactions: Bigun
Ok glad he has a good relationship with some. He should have a good relationship with all juco coaches he deals with but I can tell you he without question doesn’t

Oh and btw it’s very very smart for juco coaches to kiss ass to the staff with all
The cuts and culls tv has. It’s like Christmas morning for them all
The time with those cuts and culls
Oh really ? I remember you saying before that he didn’t with the Walters Coach but they seem to keep coming on signing on.

Oh really ? I remember you saying before that he didn’t with the Walters Coach but they seem to keep coming on signing on.

Glad you brought them up

You think TV is getting who he wants from there?

I’ll help you he isn’t and that’s a shame. He should be getting first dibs there

You guys are never going to change each other’s minds. Coach Vitello is recruiting the only way you can really sustain success here. The people negatively affected are going to be jaded. The people that think it is unethical are never going to suddenly think it is. It is best to just tune each other out at this point. The main thing is that he is the first person to be remotely successful in basically 10+ years.

Have no clue if that’s true or not maybe it is. He seems to be doing just fine though.

I have a clue and they have gotten a bad apple that no one else wanted and a reliever that was down the list at walters to date. The Vols are getting the left overs with TCU and North Carolina dominating a
School just a few miles down the road. Pretty sad actually

I have a clue and they have gotten a bad apple that no one else wanted and a reliever that was down the list at walters to date. The Vols are getting the left overs with TCU and North Carolina are dominating a
School just a few miles down the road. Pretty sad actually
I didn’t realize the Joyce brothers were leftovers

I do understand having relationships with juco coaches but I do not understand whether other coaches like or care for you as a college coach. I don't think Saban is liked much by other college football coaches and don't think he cares or should care. I don't even know that he cares if pro scouts like him because that is not his job. As long as he gets guys ready to play, which he does. I don't understand the care about whether other coaches like this staff or not. If you are doing your job in recruiting, other coaches and staffs will not like you. You should be taking their guys from them and they are the competition not only when you are on the field but in recruiting so I kinda like that he is not liked by other coaches. I would disagree because when we were going through the process all of the pro scouts that we talked to talked very highly about this staff. They told us that Coach A and Coach V would do a great job of getting son ready to play pro ball. So I would disagree with your statements.
On the not being truthful part that also is not true. They told us from day one that they were trying to build the best team they could and that he would have to work to earn playing time and at bats. They wanted to build an atmosphere or competition to play. We did our homework and knew how many players were coming in. I have a hard time believing any knowledgeable parent/player would assume or be told that they were guaranteed playing time. I would hope that every player there knew when they decided to go to an SEC school that they would have to compete for a position in 35 or travel squad. I have told my son from day one when he said he wanted to play SEC baseball that he would have to earn the T to defend the T. We knew what LHP's were there and kept up with how many were coming in so he knew the competition, which was many of the guys he had played with and against. He also knows that he will have to earn that spot every year at UT. Obviously, I love this staff and think they will do good things for my son and his teammates and future teammates. I hope they are never liked by other SEC coaching staffs because they are beating them in the recruiting scene and on the field.

You guys are never going to change each other’s minds. Coach Vitello is recruiting the only way you can really sustain success here. The people negatively affected are going to be jaded. The people that think it is unethical are never going to suddenly think it is. It is best to just tune each other out at this point. The main thing is that he is the first person to be remotely successful in basically 10+ years.

Best post so far.

I agree

You need to realize

One of them redshirted last year and the other other threw 15 innings. Was down the list

Lol
You need to realize

One of them redshirted last year and the other other threw 15 innings. Was down the list

Lol
That wasn’t sarcasm. I really thought they were highly thought after recruits. You seem to know that program well. Can’t get them all I guess. Hopefully he will start beating out TCU and North Carolina there.

Agree

Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back