Tennessee Courage

This thread reads like a commercial aimed at underage drinkers...

also, wild turkey 101 is my staple. Jack Daniels is not bourbon. It’s tennessee sour mash.

Granted, but a Jack Black old fashioned is on point, as is a Jackie D mint julep.

Reactions: jwilliams
Basil is also great. Went to law school with his great-grandson.

Blanton’s is super great also.

For scotch, I tried Famous Grouse and Black Grouse on recommendation of Ron White, and it is a cost effective gem.

My next bottle I’ll give Blantons a sip. My son and I enjoy sampling whiskeys. I’m thinking celebratory after the UAB game win. Or, maybe after each score! LOL

Reactions: kcvols1
Jack Daniels is pretty ****, to be honest... Chattanooga Whiskey is better... Jameson Black Barrel is probably the best for drinking straight though... I have a glass 2 or 3 nights a week... Put some ice in a tumblr, let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes, and it's awesome... Would also recommend Dewar's or Johnnie Walker Gold Label for the price...

If you can’t drink it neat, I question your analysis. No need to dilute it if it’s good. Throw a good cigar in there and now we’re talking.

I like all whisk(e)ys. Scotch, Irish, American, elsewhere...it’s all good.

I must confess that every time I go to Carroll County, Tennessee, a client gives me a jug of moonshine. I have to rent a car to drive it back home, 500 miles across state lines. I have several jugs sitting on the shelf in my office. Good stuff, if you like pure alcohol.

Reactions: kcvols1
I must confess that every time I go to Carroll County, Tennessee, a client gives me a jug of moonshine. I have to rent a car to drive it back home, 500 miles across state lines. I have several jugs sitting on the shelf in my office. Good stuff, if you like pure alcohol.
Won't you be my neighbor....

You also can drink some delicious Glenmorangie..its aged in used JD casks..

I can appreciate this thread, although when I saw the title the Keith Whitley song "Tennessee Courage" popped into my head. I'm a JD Single Barrel kinda feller myself. I used to drink George Dickel back in my younger days though.

If you can’t drink it neat, I question your analysis. No need to dilute it if it’s good. Throw a good cigar in there and now we’re talking.

I like all whisk(e)ys. Scotch, Irish, American, elsewhere...it’s all good.

I would need you to go back and highlight where I said I can't drink anything neat... Don't remember saying that, but if you can find it, I'll certainly acknowledge misspeaking...

Anyone that's not a caveman stumbling aimlessly through a liqour store knows a little water in whiskey helps pull out more flavors... Your tastes might not be that refined though...

I do no like all whiskeys... I definitely prefer the darker tones and oaky flavor of a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel to the brighter flavors of a Macallan 12yr Single Malt, even though the Macallan is twice the price...

Reactions: Carl Pickens
My next bottle I’ll give Blantons a sip. My son and I enjoy sampling whiskeys. I’m thinking celebratory after the UAB game win. Or, maybe after each score! LOL
Blanton's is incredible.

Also, in the Tennessee department, I prefer Dickel.

I would need you to go back and highlight where I said I can't drink anything neat... Don't remember saying that, but if you can find it, I'll certainly acknowledge misspeaking...

Anyone that's not a caveman stumbling aimlessly through a liqour store knows a little water in whiskey helps pull out more flavors... Your tastes might not be that refined though...

I do no like all whiskeys... I definitely prefer the darker tones and oaky flavor of a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel to the brighter flavors of a Macallan 12yr Single Malt, even though the Macallan is twice the price...

I like both, but I also really like the Jameson Black Barrel. Good stuff.

And, yes, I know all about the water and whisk(e)y adage, but it is all anecdotal. And, to me, I don’t like watering it down.

I like both, but I also really like the Jameson Black Barrel. Good stuff.

And, yes, I know all about the water and whisk(e)y adage, but it is all anecdotal. And, to me, I don’t like watering it down.

I agree with you that anyone pouring water directly into whiskey, bad idea, bad form, a little embarrasing probably... I just like to drink mine with ice and let it soak for a minute or two... I had 2 glasses of Cardhu 12yr single malt last night in ice and was pretty impressed with that...

I agree with you that anyone pouring water directly into whiskey, bad idea, bad form, a little embarrasing probably... I just like to drink mine with ice and let it soak for a minute or two... I had 2 glasses of Cardhu 12yr single malt last night in ice and was pretty impressed with that...

Hey, man, it’s like everything else. We all have different tastes. Everyone should enjoy their drink exactly like they want to enjoy it. There is no right way or wrong way.

Haven’t tried that one, but just made a mental note to do so. Ive been getting into whiskys aged in rum casks. To me, it adds a somewhat darker finish.

Balvenie 14 is a good Scotch aged that way. Tullamore is a good Irish whiskey, and less expensive. I like both of those a lot.

Reactions: howie87

VN Store

Back