If we win out...and win our bowl game...what would our projected rank be?

ultimateUT

I was just looking at the CBS complete rankings with wonder and hope...where do you guys see us?? If you really feel like indulging....what do you think our rankings will be after each of our wins along the way?

We'd only be ranked if we win out plus the bowl game imo. It would be around 25-20
Well we are ranked regardless...some consider it unranked but my Vols are currently there so the number means a little something to me. Id be stoked if we get in the top 25...we would be continuing the sharp upward trend we started halfway through the GA game.

Reactions: blitz and 87&91ALUM
I really only pay attention to teams ranked in the top 10 to be honest. Would it really matter if we’re 25th?

Damn straight it would matter. This us blue font, right? Lol.

After the way last year ended and this one started, with many including me thinking we might be lucky to win 3 games??? I mean, obviously we still might not win but 3, but it looks a lot better than it did.

I think if we win out and a bowl it would probably put us in the 28-35 range, just a guess. We're 67 now. But if we we're to get in at 25? Pfffttt. Yes, it would matter to me.

Damn straight it would matter. This us blue font, right? Lol.

After the way last year ended and this one started, with many including me thinking we might be lucky to win 3 games??? I mean, obviously we still might not win but 3, but it looks a lot better than it did.

I think if we win out and a bowl it would probably put us in the 28-35 range, just a guess. We're 67 now. But if we we're to get in at 25? Pfffttt. Yes, it would matter to me.

No blue font. As I said, the top 10 are relevant to me only because of playoff implications. Outside of that, the rankings are just opinions.

I would be stoked if The VOLS were top 25! Just because of all the crap that has went down the past few years!

Ammirite?!?! 25th, going 4-8, it's all the same, really.

Blue font on steroids

Huh? Wins are important. What some group of random assistant coaches or beat writers think about our wins is not important to me unless we were too 10 with a chance at a playoff run. Sorry that gets your jimmies rustled

Reactions: 08Vol
I was just looking at the CBS complete rankings with wonder and hope...where do you guys see us?? If you really feel like indulging....what do you think our rankings will be after each of our wins along the way?

I prefer to deal with realities despite being a Marvel Comics "What If" fan.

Volback1.jpg

If we win out and win our bowl, our ranking will still be based on what the other teams do, I'd say it would be mathematically impossible for us to be ranked number 5, or even 10. BTW, Florida is ranked #6 right now, I remember the first part of the season we had some posters Screaming that Florida shouldn't be ranked even in the top 20, because they were such bad team!! The best part, was they were certain (based on their vast college football knowledge) that by mid-season, they [Florida] would be out of the top 25. Guessing on where rankings will be, is just that guessing. If we do win out-it will be like the old days, we'll be ranked lower than we should be, and even though we keep winning, and beating ranked teams, it will take a half a season to get the national recognition.

Last edited:
The likelihood we win out is very slim.

However, even if we do, I don't see how we'd be in the top 25 with 5 losses.

Reactions: 08Vol
Huh? Wins are important. What some group of random assistant coaches or beat writers think about our wins is not important to me unless we were too 10 with a chance at a playoff run. Sorry that gets your jimmies rustled

Obviously Dan Mullen would have never let this happen, but if he was our coach right now he had let it get like it is, I guarantee you'd be starting threads every time we jumped 10 spots. "I told y'all Mullen was a Stud, we done gone jumped in the top 60...suckers".

I would be stoked if The VOLS were top 25! Just because of all the crap that has went down the past few years!
I promise you a recruit would care if we finish strong, win a bowl game, and are ranked 20-25. Recruiting and bringing in new talent are essential to improvement.

If we win out, and that's probably a big if. Even if we didn't break the top 25 at the end of the season, it would definitely help us with preseason rankings going into next year. I think it would give the team, the fans, and the recruits a huge vote of confidence. Me included.

Reactions: Sara Clark
The likelihood we win out is very slim.

However, even if we do, I don't see how we'd be in the top 25 with 5 losses.

No, it's not very slim. May not happen but the is a pretty good chance.

Obviously Dan Mullen would have never let this happen, but if he was our coach right now he had let it get like it is, I guarantee you'd be starting threads every time we jumped 10 spots. "I told y'all Mullen was a Stud, we done gone jumped in the top 60...suckers".

Ok

Reactions: spyfish007

VN Store

Back