Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL coach is the most important assistant in football. You could make the argument it’s even more important than OC in some cases. They are the ones installing the run game most of the time and off the pass protections and alignments. Bellicheck literally would not leave Dante Scarnecchias house to talk him out of retirement a few years ago. That’s how important he is and they are others like him. So the OL coach and OC have to be totally in sync offenses to work. In our case, Chaney has a major hand in coaching OL too so it’s clicking very well now. I’ll be the first to admit i didn’t love the Chaney hire bc i didn’t think our personnel fit what he likes to do, granted we haven’t done it well against quality opponents but if we keep playing well and make a bowl game I’ll gladly take my L on that.

But with Pittman tho it’s not that he’s a bad coach by any means he’s not. But he’s seen like some caped hero especially by here bc of who replaced him when his actual production and quality of individual players that he’s recruited, evaluated, and then helped move on isn’t overly impressive when you’re talking some of the best in the biz.

OL coach is what I think is the problem with my Titans

Reactions: quadlee21
I’m struggling to find where you see Coach Friend as a “weak link”? Perhaps we are watching different games?
Our Oline has dramatically improved and to the point that they pushed the #1 team in the Country’s Dline around most of the game and embarrassed SCs Dline that Dominated Georgia’s all world Oline.

So I’ll wait while you tell me why you intend to replace a coach that has had to deal with Injuries, a lack of S&C, and Youth and Depth to have them looking like one of the best in the SEC with 2 true freshman at Tackles.

If you think there is some other coach that can come in and within a year or two whip up some magic potion or wave a wand and BOOM they are great,...... I’d love to meet him and shake his hand.

Perhaps you are talking about Recruiting, cause he’s not landing 5 stars, well if you don’t include Darnell Wright and Wanya Morris?

Then people will say it’s all Chaney? OCs are supposed to help the Oline play with play calling. They work in unison.

It amazes me when a coach finally has his unit whooping ass, that fans want to replace him.
Thank you! Seems like there always has to be a coach to fire so it's a contest to find which one. We need stability not a carousel of coaches. Look what that has done to AL.

Well, I guess some say that due to the OL didn't start changing till Chaney basically took over. If you recall he was reported to just wander around, then after a few games...he parked himself at the OL🦉
Because it all starts with the line. Besides that is all the media saw.

I’m in complete agreement regarding tough OOC games right now. But I thoroughly enjoyed road trips to Notre Dame and UCLA in 2006/2007(?)as a student.

But aside from the cool experience for fans it’s benefits the program very little. They pitch the recruiting spotlight it gives, but I just seriously have my doubts, how can we even measure that?

No. I want our roster to have continuity and stability. OL and DL are playing better than they have in years and you want to replace their position coaches? No thanks...

This x1,000! We have a coaching staff that has done an incredible job at developing and coaching the players. From here on we need to try our best to keep the same staff so they stay on their current path and continue developing.

IMO our offensive staff right now is absolute dynamite! With the way they are headed our offense is going to have the ability to be absolutely potent moving forward.

Our greatest deficiency right now is cornerback and MLB pass defense. There was improvement this week in both areas but Hillinski really helped our case with not being very accurate. Once this part of our defense starts improving we are going to be strong all around.

Mushdump did exactlywhat he should have done....I would have and so would most of us..and made our QBs beat him...and they did. Chaney ran the ball enough, and the team blocked well enough to keep them in close...and killed them. If they had backed off to have more backend help, I think we would have killed them with the running game.

Agreed. I think the entire team took over in that 2nd half and up until that point we hadn't proven anything in the 1st half passing the ball, so USC really didn't make any adjustments. But things were rolling, and I believe more coverage would have just meant more runs. They played man and Chaney & the QBs/WRs took advantage, had they played zone or doubled then I think the OL/RBs would have taken advantage.

My thinking:

"We had 1 of the worst OL's in the league and decided to start freshman.
Hey, the OC we're paying for is really good with OL also, maybe he should assist to fast track development. Oh, and it is his system, so it probably makes sense he be involved with teaching the guys what he needs from them. Seems really smart and doesn't mean the position coach isn't doing a decent job"

And until there's proof that's inaccurate, I'm sticking with it.

Ok who are we for Saturday FL or UGA? What benefits us?

Nb4 meteor

I don't see how Florida winning helps at all. The Georgia ship is already listing a little bit. Another appearance for Georgia in Atlanta (where they hopefully get torched) doesn't move the needle much. Florida getting to Atlanta in any capacity only strengthens their case.

I'm pulling against Florida.

I don't see how Florida winning helps at all. The Georgia ship is already listing a little bit. Another appearance for Georgia in Atlanta (where they hopefully get torched) doesn't move the needle much. Florida getting to Atlanta in any capacity only strengthens their case.

I'm pulling against Florida.
Yes

Reactions: WriterVol
Yeah, I'd rather see Georgia fix whatever is wrong and torch the Gators, then likely lose another SEC game...

Both with 2 SEC loses and Georgia with the tiebreaker is kind of what I'm hoping happens in the East. We win out and end up with just 3 losses and finish 3rd in the East, pretty good season and momentum moving forward if this happens.

1572360026656.jpeg1572360052009.jpeg
images

Are any of these three freshmen all Americans in your opinion. For me I think Henry but that's probably it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back