Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That impressed me at first too. But after checking the offenses they have faced, I'm thinking twice.

Opponent/PPG/National Rank
Akron 10.8 (129th)
Old Dominion 14.5 (128th)
South Alabama 14.6 (127th)
Rice 15.9 (124th)
UTSA 19.4 (116th)
WKU 22.4 (108th) *Loss
Alabama St (FCS)

It's a who's who of the nation's worst offenses. 6 of the worst 22 offenses in the country.
Not to be a negative nancy, but we are sitting at 24 PPG (98th in the Country).

Friend & Sherrer are the weak links on the staff. Pruitt is trying to talk them up.

I hope we upgrade the Staff this coming offseason.

Bring me Tosh Lupoi for Sherrer. I’m open to suggestions for Will Friend’s replacement.

I’m struggling to find where you see Coach Friend as a “weak link”? Perhaps we are watching different games?
Our Oline has dramatically improved and to the point that they pushed the #1 team in the Country’s Dline around most of the game and embarrassed SCs Dline that Dominated Georgia’s all world Oline.

So I’ll wait while you tell me why you intend to replace a coach that has had to deal with Injuries, a lack of S&C, and Youth and Depth to have them looking like one of the best in the SEC with 2 true freshman at Tackles.

If you think there is some other coach that can come in and within a year or two whip up some magic potion or wave a wand and BOOM they are great,...... I’d love to meet him and shake his hand.

Perhaps you are talking about Recruiting, cause he’s not landing 5 stars, well if you don’t include Darnell Wright and Wanya Morris?

Then people will say it’s all Chaney? OCs are supposed to help the Oline play with play calling. They work in unison.

It amazes me when a coach finally has his unit whooping ass, that fans want to replace him.

I’m struggling to find where you see Coach Friend as a “weak link”? Perhaps we are watching different games?
Our Oline has dramatically improved and to the point that they pushed the #1 team in the Country’s Dline around most of the game and embarrassed SCs Dline that Dominated Georgia’s all world Oline.

So I’ll wait while you tell me why you intend to replace a coach that has had to deal with Injuries, a lack of S&C, and Youth and Depth to have them looking like one of the best in the SEC with 2 true freshman at Tackles.

If you think there is some other coach that can come in and within a year or two whip up some magic potion or wave a wand and BOOM they are great,...... I’d love to meet him and shake his hand.

Perhaps you are talking about Recruiting, cause he’s not landing 5 stars, well if you don’t include Darnell Wright and Wanya Morris?

It amazes me when a coach finally has his unit whooping ass, that fans want to replace him.

this staff has upped its game. we good.

Then people will say it’s all Chaney? OCs are supposed to help the Oline play with play calling. They work in unison.

1572350876517.gif

Yeah I'm not for replacing Friend at all. In fact if we went into next season with only one or two staff changes I'd be cool.

Well, I guess some say that due to the OL didn't start changing till Chaney basically took over. If you recall he was reported to just wander around, then after a few games...he parked himself at the OL🦉

Not to be a negative nancy, but we are sitting at 24 PPG (98th in the Country).
Yes vs a top 5 schedule though...

If we want an even slightly more even comparison to all those teams, we can look at PPG vs unranked opponents and we are 61st at 32.4 ppg.

Last edited:
Okay, being transparent with a dumb question and the Google wasn’t help. What does the owl emoji denote? I thought wise response but it often looks so smarta__ 😂

Yeah I'm not for replacing Friend at all. In fact if we went into next season with only one or two staff changes I'd be cool.

I’m all for people expressing their opinions, but when you have a unit that has dealt with injuries, no depth, lack of S&C, Youth and a severe lack cohesiveness, then they finally start to click and bond as a unit, don’t take away their head guy.

I think he’s done a great job. He’s slowly built their confidence and taught them great techniques. Yes, they still have a long way to go, and need to minimize the mental errors and overcome terrible Officiating calls, but they have greatly improved.

We still have guys learning new positions and still trying to gain weight. But overall, they get a B+ from me.

The Oline and S&C staff are def ones that I’m leaving alone, cause whatever they are doing, it’s working.

I’m all for people expressing their opinions, but when you have a unit that has dealt with injuries, no depth, lack of S&C, Youth and a severe lack cohesiveness, then they finally start to click and bond as a unit, don’t take away their head guy.

I think he’s done a great job. He’s slowly built their confidence and taught them great techniques. Yes, they still have a long way to go, and need to minimize the mental errors and overcome terrible Officiating calls, but they have greatly improved.

We still have guys learning new positions and still trying to gain weight. But overall, they get a B+ from me.

The Oline and S&C staff are def ones that I’m leaving alone, cause whatever they are doing, it’s working.
Ditto. From my viewpoint it would make zero sense to get rid of Friend. I doubt that's a thought that the head coach is having.

Well, I guess some say that due to the OL didn't start changing till Chaney basically took over. If you recall he was reported to just wander around, then after a few games...he parked himself at the OL🦉

Chaney took over what? The OLINE? I’ve been to practices and Chaney hasn’t taken over the Oline. He’s in charge of the Offense in general. The Oline is Friends. Period.
They work together as any Oline and OC should.
Thinking maybe it’s just a good match between Chaney and Friend. And if that’s the case, then don’t break them up cause they are shaping this Oline to be Top 2-3 next year.

Once again, just my opinions guys. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

If I stand by a bamboo in the Spring after it didn't grow all year, and suddenly it grows to a huge size in just 60 days, was that because I stood beside it?

Chaney took over what? The OLINE? I’ve been to practices and Chaney hasn’t taken over the Oline. He’s in charge of the Offense in general. The Oline is Friends. Period.
They work together as any Oline and OC should.
Thinking maybe it’s just a good match between Chaney and Friend. And if that’s the case, then don’t break them up cause they are shaping this Oline to be Top 2-3 next year.

Once again, just my opinions guys. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back