espnW's preseason Top 25

I think that's fine. Low expectations that CKJH has a great chance of exceeding.

I'm surprised that UK is as high as they are...I wasn't expecting them to be much of a contender this year.
Definitely some questionable conclusions with that one. I must've missed why Florida State is ranked so high, and a few others seem too low. But it is definitely exciting to have so many teams that can genuinely reach and do well in a championship game, I can't wait for this era to begin.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I think that's fine. Low expectations that CKJH has a great chance of exceeding.

I'm surprised that UK is as high as they are...I wasn't expecting them to be much of a contender this year.

Also Arizona at 19 ? l know they have the top scorer in the country in Aari McDonald but will need more then her. They lost 13 games last year.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Also Arizona at 19 ? l know they have the top scorer in the country in Aari McDonald but will need more then her. They lost 13 games last year.
Plus overrating "lower Big 10" (Minnesota at 17??) and underrating Miami, for example, who beat several top teams last season.

Reactions: BUBear
Sabrina Ionescu and Oregon open at No. 1 in espnW's preseason Top 25

We make the cut #25

Razorbacks #20
Seminoles # 11 ?
Gamecocks #8 wow !

Wow!!!! Considering the fact that Tennessee finished last season ranked #60 then lost 3 of 5 starters (Meme, Cheridene and Evina) and a rising sophomore with tremendous promise (Mimi), I'd say that Kellie has done a TREMENDOUS job selling her own potential this offseason to rate a top 25 ranking.

I honestly didn't expect a Top 25 ranking to begin the season, but definitely thought Tennessee would rise into it quickly. I'm extremely proud for the program that they have the confidence of the voters to go ahead and put them there.

Sabrina Ionescu and Oregon open at No. 1 in espnW's preseason Top 25

We make the cut #25

Razorbacks #20
Seminoles # 11 ?
Gamecocks #8 wow !

I think that's a perfect spot to be. Glad to be included, but oh so glad they didn't put us too high. Gives them some motivation to move up the ladder instead of watching themselves fall down it. Seems like KJH has really made a culture shift. The players seem to be on the same page much more than the last few seasons. At least if pre-season interviews are any indication. I'm hearing a lot more "we" and a lot less "me" than the last couple of years for sure.

I think Arkasnas will be really tough, especially if they can figure out their rebounding issues from a season ago. I think they have a big bodied freshman. He doesn't really need her to score, just needs her to snatch boards and outlet the basketball. I too am a little baffled about the Florida State ranking, they're always pretty tough, but they have a ton of newcomers and young players this season and almost NO size. Gamecocks could go either way this year depending on how the Freshman come along. Most of their superior size are very young players, almost always take a year for the bigs to acclimate to the college game. If Kiki plays consistently and Harris is more stable at the point they will be very tough.

I think I am MOST curious to see how Copper fits in at Baylor.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvocd and LVsinceJV
Plus overrating "lower Big 10" (Minnesota at 17??) and underrating Miami, for example, who beat several top teams last season.

To note: Drake will be tested right off the back against one of my sleeper teams South Dakota State.

Should be an interesting year with several teams battling for the final 4. A lot will depend on injuries to key players, with Oregon and UConn first coming to mind.

For Tennessee, the ND game will be interesting with both teams rather young early in the year.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I had forgotten about a certain someone transferring to UConn. Hmm. On a scale of one to ten, with one being forced to listen to Butch Jones talk and ten being stuck in a closed elevator with a bunch of drunk LSU fans after losing a game to them, I've decided to re-rate that transfer situation as a solid eight.

I had forgotten about a certain someone transferring to UConn. Hmm. On a scale of one to ten, with one being forced to listen to Butch Jones talk and ten being stuck in a closed elevator with a bunch of drunk LSU fans after losing a game to them, I've decided to re-rate that transfer situation as a solid eight.
I would be surprised if Westbrook did not get the ok to play this year. Does the NCAA have a deadline to grant or deny the waiver request?

I wish the women had move the 3 point line back so we wouldn't have all those lines on the floor. Were playing a lot of ranked teams so we'll have a chance to prove ourselves either up or down in the rankings.

I would be surprised if Westbrook did not get the ok to play this year. Does the NCAA have a deadline to grant or deny the waiver request?

No I donā€™t think there is a timeline. I remember Dawn hoping to get Cooper back by SEC time and the decision wasnā€™t made until SEC season had already started.

Here's My Preseason 2019-2020 Women's Basketball Preseason Top 30

1) Baylor
2) Oregon
3) Maryland
4) Stanford
5) Texas A&M
6) UConn
7)Oregon State
8) Mississippi State
9) South Carolina
10) FSU
11) Syracuse
12) Michigan State
13) Kentucky
14) Louisville
15) Notre Dame
16) Tennessee:cool:
17) UCLA
18) DePaul
19) Arizona State
20) Arkansas
21) NCSU
22) Michigan
23) Minnesota
24) West Virginia
25) Auburn
26) BYU
27) Rice
28) Miami
29) Indiana
30) UCF

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Florida State is ranked #11 as a result of them returning (I believe) 100% of their scoring and three very talented players in Nicki Ekhomu, Kiah Gillespie, and Nausia Woolfolk. They also return some very talented sophomores who could make a big jump in Valencia Myers, Morgan Jones, Kourtney Weber, etc. They also bring in two McDonald's All-Americans in River Baldwin and Sammie Puisis. Unfortunately for them, Izabela Nicoletti, a name who most of VolNation should be very familiar with, is missing a second consecutive season as a result of a knee injury. They should have a very formidable squad. On a side note, does anyone else think their roster headshots look a little weird?

As for Arizona, they're another team that brings back near 100% of their contributions and they won the WNIT. That is usually a combination that will warrant you some hype in the following preseason, and, as mentioned, they have scoring phenom Aari McDonald.

I too love where we're ranked.

Reactions: lvocd
Here's My Preseason 2019-2020 Women's Basketball Preseason Top 30

1) Baylor
2) Oregon
3) Maryland
4) Stanford
5) Texas A&M
6) UConn
7)Oregon State
8) Mississippi State
9) South Carolina
10) FSU
11) Syracuse
12) Michigan State
13) Kentucky
14) Louisville
15) Notre Dame
16) Tennessee:cool:
17) UCLA
18) DePaul
19) Arizona State
20) Arkansas
21) NCSU
22) Michigan
23) Minnesota
24) West Virginia
25) Auburn
26) BYU
27) Rice
28) Miami
29) Indiana
30) UCF
I like your #1 team šŸ˜œ but I think you have A&M too high and Miami waaay too low. šŸ‘

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back