Those of Us Who NEED to Eat Crow

So is it time for all the guys who made the "we don't have the talent to compete" excuse to eat crow also?

So is it time for all the guys who made the "we don't have the talent to compete" excuse to eat crow also?
I could argue that many of them just had to be "Broke" first, you know, like a wild horse, before they got "trained", or coached up.

Maybe because Pruitt was new to being The Man in charge, it took him longer than it would have a proven winner like Mike Leach or some other coach on everyone's list.

Meh, maybe everyone was wrong about something.

Reactions: hog88
I could argue that many of them just had to be "Broke" first, you know, like a wild horse, before they got "trained", or coached up.

Maybe because Pruitt was new to being The Man in charge, it took him longer than it would have a proven winner like Mike Leach or some other coach on everyone's list.

Meh, maybe everyone was wrong about something.

I can go with that.

I will gladly eat crow but it is a little early yet. We are awfully excited about a 3-5 football team. That just shows how low the program has gotten. That being said, especially with Missouri melting down, I could see us finishing with 8 wins (bowl included). If we continue to improve and finish with 7 or more wins I will humble myself and say Pruitt is the guy for the future.

I will gladly eat crow but it is a little early yet. We are awfully excited about a 3-5 football team. That just shows how low the program has gotten. That being said, especially with Missouri melting down, I could see us finishing with 8 wins (bowl included). If we continue to improve and finish with 7 or more wins I will humble myself and say Pruitt is the guy for the future.

I'm still waiting until the end of next season before I make my crow sandwich. I see signs so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm still waiting until the end of next season before I make my crow sandwich. I see signs so I'm looking forward to it.
I’ll be happy in games 1-2 if we continue to play good without regression. That assumes we finish strong

I’m one of the few Vols in Wisconsin. Before the season started I was SO on the Pruitt wagon. I personally liked all I saw and heard from him. I’m a communications major and had NO problem with his “aight” and not so articulate pressers. I thought he “fit” UT better than the past few coaches. I never bought Butch or whatever his name was but I did buy Lane. Vacationed in Tennessee this summer and we took our kids to campus and fan day and I so hoped to by some miracle meet Pruitt even for a second. But...

I fell off HARD after BYU. We looked like a mess early season and I felt the team was lost. He has proven me wrong. I don’t need wins in a rebuild right away but I need to see good fundamental football being played and I gotta see improvement. It’s there now. I’m back on board and in hindsight I shouldn’t have let a couple of BAD losses cause me to overreact.

If anyone else feels the need to eat crow join in!
I like what I'm seeing now, but still skeptical. I like Pruitt, but it's probably gonna take winning out to get me all the way there.

We win the next four games plus a bowl game win, and I will take my crow with H57 sauce.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back