It’s time to stop sending Butch checks...

Case would be tried in Knoxville. I’d suspect Jones would agree to a sizable reduction in lieu of risk losing it all.
You’re thinking jury trial? It’s going to be an arbitrator or judge. They’ll follow the law. Lot of legalese language. I doubt he’d agree to dropping a cent. This is all fun fan speculation. University had already moved on imo.

A key word mentioned several times in this is "reasonable." Now, define reasonable. I promise you, any judge/jury will have a very liberal definition of reasonable.

And there’s the rub, Boca. ANYTHING with a general intent to it and not specific is purely subjective. You better go in knowing how the judge that gets this case thinks about such things. Now, I wouldn’t be opposed to making him wait a few extra days/weeks on his payments just to screw with him. You know, just enough where it’s really not worth his time or $$ to run to a judge, pay him at the last possible second and then keep playing this cat and mouse game without letting it ever get to court.

The fact that’s he stays there, while he could be a head coach again, says all that needs to be said about PoS.

If he had any competitive drive whatsoever he would be a HC somewhere. But he’s content to ride it out collecting a free check.

the idiot only hurts himself by remaining a lackey at Alabama -- no D1 program will give him a decent contract and there wont be any inclusion of a buyout if they do

Reactions: MSCE09
Arkansas recently stopped paying their ex-head man Bilelema after learning he was being underpaid $50,000 for coaching D-line at New England:

Decision to stop Bret Bielema buyout payments could save Arkansas millions

Moreover, Saban recently admitted Butch has turned down other coaching jobs to stay at Alabama as an Intern/Anaylst/All-around cigar-smoking POS (for $35,000) in a recent interview.

Time for UT Admin to step up & stop this madness! Time to stop paying Butch is now, as he is obviously not actively pursuing other jobs!!!

I saw this yesterday and absolutely agree. Maybe you don't win in the courts but call his bluff on this. Sometimes you have to play tough. Call out his actions in public. Nothing wrong with shedding light on what he's doing.

Reactions: BigOrangeArsenal
I was never a boy butch supporter, never. So many were, in fact many still have an unnatural love for their secret love and hero. I am gladdened by the number of posters that feel we should stop paying boy butch, right now! I might even add at least one of the posters was formerly a huge boy butch fan, glad to see they've seen the light. We finally stopped paying dooley (another fan favorite) in 2017-his 5 million dollar buy out! Boy butch will receive around 8.2 million dollars for his buy out!!! IF our coaching contracts were performance based, high performance=high pay, low=low, our buy outs would be far cheaper.

Last edited:
Basically by sitting out these years, he is admitting that he isn't a top tier FBS coach. He hasn't looked for a job because the best he could do is probably fall back to a Cincinnati tier team and he knows it. We took a big chance on him and he bombed out and will not get another at this level.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Reputational risk, for one. You don't think coaches pay attention to these things? Good luck on the next hire.

Lol. If you don't take a stand nothing ever changes. These coaches are holding universities hostage. Fight back. And future coaches I get that. But I also get that maybe just maybe it's time to take a stand.

Lol. If you don't take a stand nothing ever changes. These coaches are holding universities hostage. Fight back. And future coaches I get that. But I also get that maybe just maybe it's time to take a stand.
K...do it.

Basically by sitting out these years, he is admitting that he isn't a top tier FBS coach. He hasn't looked for a job because the best he could do is probably fall back to a Cincinnati tier team and he knows it. We took a big chance on him and he bombed out and will not get another at this level.

Oh come on. He was rumored to be offered the Rutgers job, which is pretty prestigious. Another high profile Tennessee target, Greg Schiano was offered the same job. Rutgers isn't so lowly now, huh?

I don't care enough to figure out how to change my font color.

Reactions: MSCE09 and vols40

VN Store

Back