Those of Us Who NEED to Eat Crow

BadgerVol!

I’m one of the few Vols in Wisconsin. Before the season started I was SO on the Pruitt wagon. I personally liked all I saw and heard from him. I’m a communications major and had NO problem with his “aight” and not so articulate pressers. I thought he “fit” UT better than the past few coaches. I never bought Butch or whatever his name was but I did buy Lane. Vacationed in Tennessee this summer and we took our kids to campus and fan day and I so hoped to by some miracle meet Pruitt even for a second. But...

I fell off HARD after BYU. We looked like a mess early season and I felt the team was lost. He has proven me wrong. I don’t need wins in a rebuild right away but I need to see good fundamental football being played and I gotta see improvement. It’s there now. I’m back on board and in hindsight I shouldn’t have let a couple of BAD losses cause me to overreact.

If anyone else feels the need to eat crow join in!

wow we beat powerhouse South Carolina and may go to the toliet bowl, lets give Pruitt a raise and coach of the year award

Do you always take the negative view? I didn't see the individual overly praising Pruitt. But I appreciate the call for perspective. Were you one of the ones asking for his head after Ga. State? And yes, I'll be thrilled with a bowl this year and set up for good recruits going in to next.

I'm glad you're back on the wagon. What satisfies me most is the development I see in this team, not so much bowl eligibility, although the would be great. A foundation is being built that will sustain and propel UT football into a formidable team for years to come. It's like the the Good Book says, It's wise to build upon rock instead of sand!

I’m one of the few Vols in Wisconsin. Before the season started I was SO on the Pruitt wagon. I personally liked all I saw and heard from him. I’m a communications major and had NO problem with his “aight” and not so articulate pressers. I thought he “fit” UT better than the past few coaches. I never bought Butch or whatever his name was but I did buy Lane. Vacationed in Tennessee this summer and we took our kids to campus and fan day and I so hoped to by some miracle meet Pruitt even for a second. But...

I fell off HARD after BYU. We looked like a mess early season and I felt the team was lost. He has proven me wrong. I don’t need wins in a rebuild right away but I need to see good fundamental football being played and I gotta see improvement. It’s there now. I’m back on board and in hindsight I shouldn’t have let a couple of BAD losses cause me to overreact.

No one needs to prep any birds for consumption just yet.

Already did on the JG thread about his injury.

Reactions: BadgerVol!
wow we beat powerhouse South Carolina and may go to the toliet bowl, lets give Pruitt a raise and coach of the year award

LOL. This is pretty much all OP said...

We looked like a mess early season and I felt the team was lost. He has proven me wrong. I don’t need wins in a rebuild right away but I need to see good fundamental football being played and I gotta see improvement. It’s there now.

...but by all means feel free to just totally make up a narrative to argue against.

I'm not eating crow. Team is playing better, but they should have been playing better to start the season.

I'm not sold on Pruitt yet. He needs to pick it up in recruiting, and start winning more games.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone will come up with whatever reason they can to convince me why we lost to Ga State and BYU.

I will agree that the last 2-3 games have been really well coached. It's just too small a sample size to say Pruitt is the one.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
No one can be faulted for having a grim outlook early in the season. We looked like a jv team playing it's first ever game. Georgia State is still an inexcusable loss and Pruitt deserves the ton of heat he got for not having the team ready to play after having a full spring and summer to do so. Hopefully it doesn't end up costing us a shot at a bowl game and another few weeks of practice.

That said, the team appears to finally be playing up to it's potential. All those Butch Jones "cancers" people were ripping to defend Pruitt are the ones making tough catches, blasting people at the goal line and sacking the quarterback. Most of the people upset with Pruitt were upset because they knew UT had more talent than the teams they were losing to to end last year and start this one and we weren't remotely competing with teams we had similar talent to either. Thankfully something seems to be turning around and hopefully that trend continues to close the season. We had the talent to go 9-3 vs what is a very weak schedule this year, hopefully we can squeeze 7-5 out of it and build for next year when the schedule is tougher.

I'll have a wing and a little white meat.

I was unhappy with Pruitt in Games 1 and 2 this year after thinking we would be 3-9 last year. Otherwise, we are about where I thought we would be.

JG - I was totally down on him after the epic mistake against Bama. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance against SC.

I do hate that he got hurt, especially just when he seemed to stop overthinking and making slow/bad decisions.

I think the jury is out on Coach Pruitt, but after his fiery motivation and getting in the ref's face about the horrible officiating, I think we may look back at that as a watershed moment. I certainly hope so.

VN Store

Back