Kickoff Chant/Cheer *Official Off-Season Thread*

jaydhugs

This is a bit off topic but, I think about it after every game I go to...

Game day at Neyland 100,000+ strong is one of the the most incredible experiences I have ever been a part of. After all the partying, anticipation, and excitement, the crowd comes to a fever pitch right before the ball is kick and every Vols fan joins in with a collective grunt... It's pretty anti-climactic...
UGA has their thing, Bama does, UK does too. We can do better VolNation..

Here's my suggestion:
(Channeling the NY Jets)
GOOOOOOOOOO (KICK) VOLS! V-O-L-S, GO VOLS GO!

Please, Let’s make this (or something) happen!

P.S. No this is not a Butch Jones lurker account.

EDIT: I’m fully aware the Jets are a god-awful, but they do have some diehard fans and a tradition that is well known, which is why I chose the example.

Last edited:

Game day at Neyland 100,000+ strong is one of the the most incredible experiences I have ever been a part of. After all the partying, anticipation, and excitement, the crowd comes to a fever pitch right before the ball is kick and every Vols fan joins in with a collective grunt... It's pretty anti-climactic...

Here's my suggestion:
(Channeling the NY Jets)

I admire your effort to bring order and solidarity to the kickoff process. GBO.

VOOOOOLLLLLLLL NAAAAAAAATION, HAY.

That way we could copy the 'War Eagle Hay' thing and would be cool and in addition bring more recognition to FREAK.
I tell you what; I'm not on call tonight so me and my Wiser Buddy will work on it.

Aren't you all Giddy with anticipation?

giphy.gif

Reactions: chuckb1448
So people can sh!t on the idea then, too?

I'll take you one further. You all can do what you want. After last night? I turned the game off after one call. Woke up at 5 AM to learn how it would turn out. No surprise. So, you all can do whatever you want. I won't be there, and I won't be watching. Had fun while it lasted. Better things to do. Yall take care.

I have a great idea....One side of the stadium yells "Rocky".....then the other side of the stadium yells "Top" then erryone claps 3 times!

Blue font intended!

I think that there does need to be better coordination from the media dept, sideline cheerleaders, the jumbotron - etc. I've been to UF, UGA, and Bama, they all do a better job than us of involving the crowd with specific chants. But also, winning helps.

I think the V-O-L-S chant is a classic and it gets the crowd rowdy. Maybe we all say "Go Big Orange at kick?" "Beat dey a**?" too?

I'll take you one further. You all can do what you want. After last night? I turned the game off after one call. Woke up at 5 AM to learn how it would turn out. No surprise. So, you all can do whatever you want. I won't be there, and I won't be watching. Had fun while it lasted. Better things to do. Yall take care.

you alright?

Here's my suggestion:
(Channeling the NY Jets)

Anything that channels the Jets..............HARD NO!

Reactions: bag12day
AIR HORNS during the kick-off and all during the game. Heck if miss state can use those God Forsaken cowbells, we should be able to bring in the VOL Navy boats' Airhorns into the stadium....and of course "Blow them responsibly".

VN Store

Back