8-5 Boys.. Playoff run next year!

No, the performance on the field against #3 Georgia a home win against Miss State, the performance on the road against #1 Bama (and beat them without the refs help) and this win tonight is what creates these threads. No I don't think we make the playoffs next year but I do for see that 10-3 record that someone mentioned. Regardless enjoy the win and dream for a bit. Oh n I didn't mention that we didn't just win the game tonight......we actually spanked em!! Huge win!!!

We lost by 28 against UGA. We lost by 22 against Bama. Wins against two 3-5 teams is supposed to make me think we'll be in the playoffs next year? Give me a break!

Hey, we're improving, there's no doubt about that. We're light-years ahead of the team we were in weeks 1-3. If we win 9 or 10 games next year, I'll be thrilled, but thinking we're a playoff team because of a good win against South Carolina is just not rational.

We lost by 28 against UGA. We lost by 22 against Bama. Wins against two 3-5 teams is supposed to make me think we'll be in the playoffs next year? Give me a break!

Hey, we're improving, there's no doubt about that. We're light-years ahead of the team we were in weeks 1-3. If we win 9 or 10 games next year, I'll be thrilled, but thinking we're a playoff team because of a good win against South Carolina is just not rational.

Yeah why have hope for next year right? Much better to just continue to hang your head and wallow. Oh we beat a bad SC team and next year, b;ah, blah, blah.

It's very possible that we make a run next year. The last 3 weeks prove that we can take it to the big boys.

I know you feeling good as many of us are but it won't be next yr. Probably 2 yrs away. Remember there will be some turnover and young guys will be playing and its going tontake a full 4-5 yrs. Keep the enthusiasm and kp supporting because that's what recruits see and LOVE. 90k+ and rocking tonight bkew many guys minds.

Losing Callaway, Bitulli, Taylor, Juan, and Kennedy will hurt big time. We desperately need some wideouts to step up, and for another solid LB and a pass rusher to sign in the next class.
Defense really started to step up when Bituli returned. We will definitely miss him, but HenryT is going to be a great one.

Our schedule does not help us next year either. If we can beat the teams we should and knock off one of the big guys, it will be a success. My sights are on 2021.

No, the performance on the field against #3 Georgia a home win against Miss State, the performance on the road against #1 Bama (and beat them without the refs help) and this win tonight is what creates these threads. No I don't think we make the playoffs next year but I do for see that 10-3 record that someone mentioned. Regardless enjoy the win and dream for a bit. Oh n I didn't mention that we didn't just win the game tonight......we actually spanked em!! Huge win!!!

Beat then without the refs??? How drunk are you?

If we have good QB play and some new WRs step up, anything can happen.

2020 Vols will be good....ish. We must find WR's, The QB nightmare looks to be over. Keep in mind, 10-3 this year was not unreasonable, if not for poor QB play. Damn the downplayers, this team turned a corner!!!

Is it just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

Reactions: willinhf
The Running Game is not good as well. We don't have running backs breaking big runs, plowing into defenses for yardage and turning the tide of the game. If we had a great running game, we wouldn't have the troubles that we have in the red zone.

Most of the plays on offense today where Jajuan Jennings and Marcus Calloway. Both are seniors. Our defense will be good but I don't think our offense is good enough to drive improvement.

We really need to start the season strong next year. Try to upset one of our big 3 rivals (Bama, Georgia, or Florida) and make sure we beat the weaker SEC East teams Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Vandy. We need to set ourselves up to being a top 3 team in our division first. We can start that path by winning out this year.

This team is going to miss Bituli, JJ, and Callaway. UT should still get better next year but they'll probably be a little younger. They needs some of the '20 recruiting class to help.

I don't have a problem with believing that we could end up 7-5 this year, but do you realize how far away 7-5 is from a playoff birth?
How about 9-3? If UT were playing this well, there's no way they lose those first two. Maybe they give UF a run.

I'm not calling for a playoff run next year but they're much closer now than they were 7 weeks ago.

You do realize that Callaway, Bituli, and JJ are Seniors.

Bituli is a big loss but Henry T and Crouch we gonna be stars. It'll be harder to replace Callaway and Jennings but...Keyton has a lot of potential. Palmer will have to be the guy. Cedric Tillman has made some catches this year as well.

Reactions: 66volfan

VN Store

Back