Relax. Maurer may not be hurt at all.

It takes a staggering level of cognitive dissonance to refer to direct quotes from Pruitt as "BS" because you don't like the content of the quotes.

There’s nothing staggering about common sense which is apparently lacking on your end. Clearly, you don’t have ALL the facts and circumstances or the common sense to recognize that and just move on.

Again, only the medical professionals have all the facts in this matter.

The more you defend this position the deeper you get in the BS.

There’s nothing staggering about common sense which is apparently lacking on your end. Clearly, you don’t have ALL the facts and circumstances or the common sense to recognize that and just move on.

Again, only the medical professionals have all the facts in this matter.

The more you defend this position the deeper you get in the BS.

Because for decades player injury status updates have come directly from staff doctors, and not direct comments from the head coach?

Literal quote from Pruitt "he has a concussion", and you are losing your mind because you haven't heard a medical doctor state the same.

There are different levels or grades of severity for concussions. As with everything in our culture, a word... in this case "concussion"... sends people into a panic. It's the trendy thing right now. If the doctors clear him, he should definately play on Saturday.

Reactions: Remy
Because for decades player injury status updates have come directly from staff doctors, and not direct comments from the head coach?

Literal quote from Pruitt "he has a concussion", and you are losing your mind because you haven't heard a medical doctor state the same.

If you say so partner, but put yourself in Maurer’s position, would you want people discussing your medical condition in an open forum without having all of the facts? I certainly would not.

If you say so partner, but put yourself in Maurer’s position, would you want people discussing your medical condition in an open forum without having all of the facts? I certainly would not.

By "people", are you referring to Jeremy Pruitt?

You know his head coach who made the statements in an open forum to the press, referencing Maurer's concussions?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

its the current year, part of the social-media environment. You think this forum is the only one having this discussion?

Gentlemen, the odds of winning four more games for bowl eligibility are pretty slim. I hope it happens but the luck of Tennessee over the last few years has not been on our side. Five games left, need to win four........

I'm in favor of sitting young Brian this week. He had the suplex into the turf two weeks ago, he also got freaking hammered in the ribs that was a neck snapper, that's not being discussed.
Then last week the late hit and bad luck to hit his head on his lineman's leg. BM immediately took off his helmet. He was hurting and honestly probably should not have played last week, TMO.

Start Shrout and hope he can deliver. Mix in some wildcat and the last chance scenario JG off the bench.
Hopefully the football gods will feel sorry for the Orange and they can squeak out a win. If not.........

Bring Brian back for UAB, hopefully get a win, get some confidence. That leaves Ky, Mizzou and Vandy.

In looking at that clip, it is obvious the ball is gone. The defender wasn't in the process of hitting Maurer at the time and not even at a full head of steam as it were. It was malicious. It was a late hit. Not getting called was BS.

But it was Bama
This! I was shocked when they didn’t call a late hit. I’m not saying it was intentional, but it’s almost like the review for targeting was a distraction.

Reactions: gunner
Pruitt said he was concussed tonight.
It's amazing. I watched PF show yesterday and several other post game shows after that. I kept hearing how Tua got hurt during the game, but not one mention that TN also lost their starting QB, which definitely effected their play. Just typical of the biased media....

Reactions: Remy
It's amazing. I watched PF show yesterday and several other post game shows after that. I kept hearing how Tua got hurt during the game, but not one mention that TN also lost their starting QB, which definitely effected their play. Just typical of the biased media....

Hell BM was rarely mentioned during the game. The announcers were more interested in smoking Sabans cigar.

images

Ah, so now Pruitt misspoke when he said 'Maurer has a concussion'

Remind me, when's the last time an injury report was delivered to the public via UT's medical staff directly and not the coach?
I think what he’s trying to say is the same things I’ve been saying. Pruitt didn’t necessarily misspeak but rather spoke too soon. After MSU he said “they didn’t know he had a concussion until after he came out”. Maybe he did but nevertheless it was already determined by Pruitt before the evaluation took place. Same during Alabama. At his presser after the game he was quoted saying first, “Brian is being evaluated as we speak”. Later on in the interview he was asked about Darrel Taylor penalty and his response was “well they hit our qb and gave him a concussion”. Once again he spoke too soon if he were merely being evaluated at that time. It has yet to be confirmed in either case because at the time the word “concussion” was first reported by Pruitt neither evaluation had been completed nor confirmed. And leading up to Alabama he was simply in protocol. Which only means “looking for signs” that obviously never came because he was cleared.

Reactions: gunner
Is Maurer at practice today?

He is, Gunner, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

When a guy's had a concussion, you don't put him on rest or anything. That's worse for him than light work. So you put him on limited duty, minus any contact, and let him work back up to speed over a few days. When to start allowing contact again, that's the key to the medical piece of it.

I opposed playing him for the Bama game, so I am going to be upset if we can't play him for the SC game.

If we don't win this one, our season is pretty much over and JG/Shrout sure as hell ain't going to cut it.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I opposed playing him for the Bama game, so I am going to be upset if we can't play him for the SC game.

If we don't win this one, our season is pretty much over and JG/Shrout sure as hell ain't going to cut it.
Our season has been over

I can promise you he wanted to play against bama. If he was healthy enough there was no reason not to give him that opportunity.

These kids work their butts off to get to play in these big games.

VN Store

Back