Why all-in on Pruitt now???

He did to JG what we all wanted to.

I have always been all in on Pruitt. And unless your stroking YUGE checks to the University, you better get on board too.

Reactions: feathersax
I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

I agree. I was willing to give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt until he said this:

''Coaches have to earn players' trust and players have to earn coaches' trust,'' Pruitt said. ''It goes hand in hand. Jarrett's a guy - I've said many times before - that I believe in. I think he has what it takes. But I do think he needs to be more consistent with the right intangibles to play at a higher level.''

Either Pruitt is extremely stupid,or he's lying.

Reactions: Shakinthefat
I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.
He knows football. Learning head coach on job. We’ll have us stomping folks . Nobody wants a coaching search. Not gonna get the prize cow coach anyway.

Yeah, the team just looked like more of a football team the last two weeks, players were making plays, and 12 freshman are starting or contributing so showing that kind of progress and fight and improvement over the season with such a young team will definitely settle one's nerves. still a lot of games to be played, but if he continues to develop players and can come up with a way to plan around the QB position we could be ok.
We've had 12 damn freshmen every damn year for the past 10 years.

Reactions: thehill98
It would be nice if Pruitt during his post game news conference would for once not say...”coaches made mistakes and I made mistakes”. Quit making mistakes and maybe your players will stop making mistakes. Coaches making big bucks, you have lots of coaching experience, you can’t make mistakes.

I've not trolled ever. I'm just an optimistic realist and most posters are low information fans in dire need of something, anything to grab on to.
By degree I'm more Vol (2 graduate degrees, a son residing in Hess Hall and 32 year tax resident) than Gator (one undergrad degree and 22 years of foolishness). What does blue font mean btw?

blue font equals sarcasm intended

28e7830a8f11ea33eb32bff24ec6eb985f3f23b3d7624abd781a0e1e11aafd75.jpgVolnation has to be "all in" on Pruitt because there is no reasonable or practical way that we could get dealt another hand after the chaos of the last 10 years. We have to go with what we got.

But dont give up hope. In the words of one of the greatest movie characters of all time....

I think the no talent excuse has been debunked by now.
A lot that talent are freshmen who have developed over the course of the year. That said I get your skepticism. Hell I was all in on Dooley when he almost beat LSU, I was all in on butch when he beat Florida. All I can say is the development of our younger players gives me hope. Being competitive with Bama was all I expected at best this year.

I must have missed that year they didn’t pull in one of the best recruiting classes in the nation resulting in this NOT a normal squad.
You dont understand Freshmen 5* and 4* can not be counted on and you are basically rolling the dice on the kids you sign and hope 70% of them work out. Even alabama can have a positions group not really pan out to elite like they are used too. This Bama team is very very good but it is nowhere near the great they have been. Florida, Lsu and Auburn would give them a game any weekend.

We have some of the dumbest fans. And I thought Alabama fans with high school diplomas had a 3rd grade level public education. Perhaps Pruitt is not the coach longterm the Vols need but it's not like Jones for fired after going 7-5 or even 6-6. Jones posted the worst record in UT history and left this mess. Should the Vols have beaten Georgia State and BYU? Sure. Many also argued it would get worse for the Vols before it got better because the younger talent Jones left wasn't as good as the upperclassmen which wasn't saying a lot at Jones departure.

It’s a weird phenomenon. I was 1000% on the fire Pruitt now wagon after the loss to BYU. It really got worse with Florida but something seems to start clicking after that. We led against uga early and played bama tough. But really it’s the emotion he’s showed and how the team has responded. We’re seeing the hard hitting defense and creative scheming we envisioned Pruitt bringing to the table. And the offensive line has gelled like we haven’t seen in quite some time. I can’t speak for anyone else but it’s giving me a slight glimmer of hope for the future

Reactions: preacherwebb
You didn't watch the same Alabama game if that was a "blowout" loss. Final scores don't always tell the full story.

Last edited:
Reactions: preacherwebb
Bet you never played the game

VN Store

Back