This has got to stop [referees]

Do you seriously believe that everyone hasn’t gotten the short end of the stick with officials?

There used to be a running joke on Florida boards about the rankings and average yards penalized under Spurrier, Zook, and Urban at Florida compared to everywhere else they coached. You should see the numbers.

That South Carolina game that just was played, Florida got hosed the entire first half. I know. I know. The league office called and in the 2nd half, it got “fixed”.

When you get the short end of the stick, it sucks and I get it. But, this conspiracy stuff has gone too far. They’re just bad.

That said, we should demand better officiating (basketball too) for the league as it is bad most saturdays in a lot of league games.

I seriously believe Bama hasn't. At the very least, not as much as everyone else. And before anyone brings up the nonsense that Bama is the most penalized team in the conference, that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the context and impact of the calls. To disregard context is the same thing as saying JG and Peyton Manning are the same quarterback because they showed a graphic Saturday night that they had the same completion percentage. Context is EVERYTHING and Bama never gets game changing calls against them.

Have to disagree. You can see calls being made to help out the team that's "supposed to win."

One of the things most every SEC fan enjoys about a bowl game is that you don’t get an SEC officiating crew.

If officials were truly trying to protect certain teams, those teams would never lose.

Reactions: onevol74
Nah, just get better and whip their asses on the field.

Well I think we did get better and whipped their ass. It’s just the officials either took points off the board or killed our momentum to score.

If JG does what he is suppose to then the VOLS are whipping bamas ass.

I’m a UT homer but the officials were biased. 3 penalties on 3 different players on 1 play?
C’MON MAN!

UT should just get better
They are. Hard to do with the referees helping the other teams. This weekend the bad or no calls were horrible. Every coach should get unlimited challenges and referees allowing this crap to continue should be fired or fined. If we see it, they should see it, aren’t seeing, or don’t want to see it. Not saying we are saints and some of the calls should go against us but, officiating can be better but, it is getting worse and has a huge impact on a big money sport.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Here is how to fix officiating (all sports/all leagues).

1. Have an unrelated third party company analyze and evaluate officials for all games. This party can have no SEC ties at all. All officials are graded and results are publicly known. This evaluation is no longer done by Bama Steve Shaw.

2. Based on results and grading by unrelated third parties, officials are assigned automatically (and not by Bama Steve Shaw). Officials that score the highest will get the CBS and primetime games. Those that score the lowest go to Starkville...

3. Change ref comp structure. If you get a primetime game, you get paid more than MSU vs NE LA. If you are evaluated high enough each week, you get a bonus. Bowl game assignments are based on evaulations.

4. Relegate lowest ranked officials.

This is a FANTASTIC IDEA

Reactions: Tnslim1
We have won just 22 SEC games this decade, Butch had more than half of those wins. Think about how awful and pathetic that stat is. We are averaging just 2 SEC wins a year and usually losing to Vandy and Mizzou and SC every season along with the refs screwing us. Tell me we wouldn’t do better in the ACC, they have one legit team in that conference.

Here is how to fix officiating (all sports/all leagues).

1. Have an unrelated third party company analyze and evaluate officials for all games. This party can have no SEC ties at all. All officials are graded and results are publicly known. This evaluation is no longer done by Bama Steve Shaw.

2. Based on results and grading by unrelated third parties, officials are assigned automatically (and not by Bama Steve Shaw). Officials that score the highest will get the CBS and primetime games. Those that score the lowest go to Starkville...

3. Change ref comp structure. If you get a primetime game, you get paid more than MSU vs NE LA. If you are evaluated high enough each week, you get a bonus. Bowl game assignments are based on evaulations.

4. Relegate lowest ranked officials.

Works for me

Do you seriously believe that everyone hasn’t gotten the short end of the stick with officials?

There used to be a running joke on Florida boards about the rankings for penalties per game and average yards penalized under Spurrier, Zook, and Urban at Florida compared to everywhere else they coached. You should see the numbers.

That South Carolina game that just was played, Florida got hosed the entire first half. I know. I know. The league office called and in the 2nd half, it got “fixed”.

When you get the short end of the stick, it sucks and I get it. But, this conspiracy stuff has gone too far. They’re just bad.

That said, we should demand better officiating (basketball too) for the league as it is bad most saturdays in a lot of league games.

I'm talking about current day SEC officiating. Not 10+ years ago. If you cant see whats happening here , you're either blind or delusional.

And UF didn't get "hosed the entire first half" what the hell ever lol

I seriously believe Bama hasn't. At the very least, not as much as everyone else. And before anyone brings up the nonsense that Bama is the most penalized team in the conference, that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the context and impact of the calls. To disregard context is the same thing as saying JG and Peyton Manning are the same quarterback because they showed a graphic Saturday night that they had the same completion percentage. Context is EVERYTHING and Bama never gets game changing calls against them.
This all day 970 and it’s been this way for a very long time. It’s so obvious it’s pathetic !!!

Threaten to leave the conference unless an entire new officiating staff has been hired and assured there would be no bias. Vols to the ACC if you ask me. South Carolina should come with us as well. Hell anyone that's not named Bama, UGA and Florida might as well too.

Better idea. Move the damned SEC offices out of Alabama.

There used to be a running joke on Florida boards about the rankings for penalties per game and average yards penalized under Spurrier, Zook, and Urban at Florida compared to everywhere else they coached. You should see the numbers.

short end of the stick?...hell, that sounds somthing like saying the Titanic had just a little hole...geez louise...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!

If Steve Shaw did not get his pink slip this morning then the SEC has absolutely no credibility. The SEC is now the WWE of college football.

UT will not leave the SEC because of that $40M paycheck it receives each year. Fans are going to have react somehow to change things.

Threaten to leave the conference unless an entire new officiating staff has been hired and assured there would be no bias. Vols to the ACC if you ask me. South Carolina should come with us as well. Hell anyone that's not named Bama, UGA and Florida might as well too.

As long as we're in the Coast Division. I would like to see us play Miami and Georgia Tech every year.

Reactions: onevol74
Just quit with the stupid ACC crap, NEVER going to happen. It would be a TERRIBLE move on so many levels I won't go into them. Just QUIT IT! GBO!!!!!

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back