This has got to stop [referees]

I think only Ohio state grads that are refs should be allowed to ref Bama games.

Do you seriously believe that everyone hasn’t gotten the short end of the stick with officials?

There used to be a running joke on Florida boards about the rankings for penalties per game and average yards penalized under Spurrier, Zook, and Urban at Florida compared to everywhere else they coached. You should see the numbers.

That South Carolina game that just was played, Florida got hosed the entire first half. I know. I know. The league office called and in the 2nd half, it got “fixed”.

When you get the short end of the stick, it sucks and I get it. But, this conspiracy stuff has gone too far. They’re just bad.

That said, we should demand better officiating (basketball too) for the league as it is bad most saturdays in a lot of league games.

Last edited:
I say if you're going to call PI, targeting , or roughing on someone that changes the course of a game, at least go to the monitors and look at it first. They just get too many calls wrong, starts to look like they have money on the game.

I already can’t handle the amount of time spent on review. More time would drive me insane

I already can’t handle the amount of time spent on review. More time would drive me insane
You'd feel different if your defense just stopped someone and they call a Tom Brady foul on your defense for unnecessary trying to balance yourself while getting off the QB penalty. The college game is becoming the NFL BS of no contact and all offense. It's garbage.

Here is how to fix officiating (all sports/all leagues).

1. Have an unrelated third party company analyze and evaluate officials for all games. This party can have no SEC ties at all. All officials are graded and results are publicly known. This evaluation is no longer done by Bama Steve Shaw.

2. Based on results and grading by unrelated third parties, officials are assigned automatically (and not by Bama Steve Shaw). Officials that score the highest will get the CBS and primetime games. Those that score the lowest go to Starkville...

3. Change ref comp structure. If you get a primetime game, you get paid more than MSU vs NE LA. If you are evaluated high enough each week, you get a bonus. Bowl game assignments are based on evaulations.

4. Relegate lowest ranked officials.

Do you seriously believe that everyone hasn’t gotten the short end of the stick with officials?

There used to be a running joke on Florida boards about the rankings and average yards penalized under Spurrier, Zook, and Urban at Florida compared to everywhere else they coached. You should see the numbers.

That South Carolina game that just was played, Florida got hosed the entire first half. I know. I know. The league office called and in the 2nd half, it got “fixed”.

When you get the short end of the stick, it sucks and I get it. But, this conspiracy stuff has gone too far. They’re just bad.

That said, we should demand better officiating (basketball too) for the league as it is bad most saturdays in a lot of league games.
Have to disagree. You can see calls being made to help out the team that's "supposed to win."

I understand some missed calls it happens but they’re missing so much we might as well not have any official.

That said how can they call Targeting fairly If they can’t call Holding the same way?

Look the hit on Maurer. How many times have teams got dumped on for targeting not being able to stop yet not a damn call was made.

But

Later in the game the same call was made pretty quick.

You can’t tell me that the AA doesent have the officials doing their bidding to protect their interests: Profits.

Reactions: crnanancy
Threaten to leave the conference unless an entire new officiating staff has been hired and assured there would be no bias. Vols to the ACC if you ask me. South Carolina should come with us as well. Hell anyone that's not named Bama, UGA and Florida might as well too.
Nah, just get better and whip their asses on the field.

You'd feel different if your defense just stopped someone and they call a Tom Brady foul on your defense for unnecessary trying to balance yourself while getting off the QB penalty. The college game is becoming the NFL BS of no contact and all offense. It's garbage.

The endless quest for fairness and perfection is just that....endless.

Human error is part of the deal. There is a certain amount, that while horrible, has to be tolerated, IMO.

We have just passed the tolerable point.

I would be willing to add review for some things if we end review for others.

There should not be a 10 minute review on whether or not a receiver caught a 2 yard pass on 1st and 10.

Threaten to leave the conference unless an entire new officiating staff has been hired and assured there would be no bias. Vols to the ACC if you ask me. South Carolina should come with us as well. Hell anyone that's not named Bama, UGA and Florida might as well too.
ACC would love to have us and South Carolina

Once again you are reaching for something that absolutely is not here. Taylor simply put his hands on the qb to help get himself up. The same
thing anyone who ever gets off the ground does everytime

Taylor laid on top of him for several seconds after hitting him. He then appeared to push him back down on the turf. The replay showed that the “shove” was minor but watching live it looked bad.

I say if you're going to call PI, targeting , or roughing on someone that changes the course of a game, at least go to the monitors and look at it first. They just get too many calls wrong, starts to look like they have money on the game.
A coach should be able to challenge a personal foul call like the Taylor play. I bet there would be an overturn by the official because he would have known it was a BS call and it would be embarrassing to let it stand.

There used to be a running joke on Florida boards about the rankings and average yards penalized under Spurrier, Zook, and Urban at Florida compared to everywhere else they coached. You should see the numbers.

Don't wanna hear anything from you about officials. Had there been reviews in the 90s our rivalry would have been A LOT different.

Reactions: Alto1 and onevol74
One of the primary reasons Nebraska left the Big 12 was they were sick of getting screwed over by Texas and Texas running the Big 12 and the officiating. Tom Osborne voiced his displeasure many times but of course they would do nothing much like what we experience here in the SEC with the Bama influence.

VN Store

Back