Some Tweets After The Game

Give the kid a chance. A least wait until he gets a game planned for him. I'm telling you the kid has the arm and some practice with the 1's can do wonders. I think its his mobility that is the problem. With the offensive lines improvement that should help things.
Sara go back and watch when he came into the game and watch those offensive lineman really really encouraging him. It sure made me proud.
Yeah, the comment had nothing to do with my opinion, other than, with the here and now, he must be pretty bad for JG to play before him. If it were me, Maurer would start, if he can't, it would be Shrout every time. I told my husband not 45 minutes ago, the O looks better with him in the game over JG. Out of all of them, I think he has the strongest arm, but at this point, he must surely be bad. I would give him every opportunity to develop and see what happens. But at the end of the day.....JG would never go on the field again.

Yeah, the comment had nothing to do with my opinion, other than, with the here and now, he must be pretty bad for JG to play before him. If it were me, Maurer would start, if he can't, it would be Shrout every time. I told my husband not 45 minutes ago, the O looks better with him in the game over JG. Out of all of them, I think he has the strongest arm, but at this point, he must surely be bad. I would give him every opportunity to develop and see what happens. But at the end of the day.....JG would never go on the field again.

**Edit** JG would never go on the field again, if I could help it. Really, Coach is in a tough spot. We need a QB badly, if we had one...I think everything else would fall into place.

What did Johnson's tweet say? It's unavailable now, was it Brandon Johnson?
Yes, I believe it was. To be honest, I don't remember what it said, other than one would associate it with a negative connotation. Others on the thread addressed it thinking he was upset that he's not getting playing time. Something must have been said something or he had second thoughts because it has now been removed.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
Give the kid a chance. A least wait until he gets a game planned for him. I'm telling you the kid has the arm and some practice with the 1's can do wonders. I think its his mobility that is the problem. With the offensive lines improvement that should help things.
Sara go back and watch when he came into the game and watch those offensive lineman really really encouraging him. It sure made me proud.
we,they,whomever, have taken it upon themselves to paint this kid into a corner. then you have to consider pruitt's and chaney's reasoning. we can't over-ride them or can we? give the kid a chance, bowl be damned. As stated the entire team will rally around this guy and encourage him.......Go Vols !!!

With a competent Qb, we are in third-best team in the east...With Mauer in, we are the third-best team in the east. Our OL and DL has grown up and can start pushing people. Our Rb's are pretty decent. Also, Did anyone else notice that Bennett #95 at times looked really good when down on the line? Maybe he needs to add 20 and be a DE type player. He manhandled his guy multiple times and caused Tua's pocket to collapse by himself.
If he's even 1/2 as good as his dad was, he'll be a great player some day

VN Store

Back