Relax. Maurer may not be hurt at all.

That's got to be it. Somebody needs to tell him to use "protocol" so he won't look like a meathead that plays guys a few days after a head injury.

Maybe he knows exactly what the medical professionals are telling him in regards to Brian's health 1st and foremost and doesn't give a 2nd thought about what some else says.

On the dark side, if he's had 2 concussions in two weeks it could be season ending.
Yes, and I think he can still redshirt. If I'm Pruitt, that's the decision I would make. This season is over for us, and if it comes to it, let Jennings play QB and go balls to the wall with the running game.

No win is worth any kids long term health. How long I’ve been a fan is irrelevant when it comes to that. The fact that you feel otherwise is actually alarming.

Agreed. Ive been a fan since 1977 and a win agains anyone isnt worth brain damage to a kid. To say otherwise does not reflect well on those who do.

Reactions: davethevol
Agreed. Ive been a fan since 1977 and a win agains anyone isnt worth brain damage to a kid. To say otherwise does not reflect well on those who do.
I can’t believe he said that tbh. But either way I felt he was held out for precautionary reasons anyway. UT has this kid for the next 3 years and he still has a lot to learn but you’d be kidding yourself if you think the coaching staff doesn’t know his capabilities. Why wouldn’t they protect that with everything they have in his most vulnerable year?

Reactions: SCRocket
I hope you’re right. Otherwise, we seriously need to install the triple option with JJ, Grey and chandler.
Throw 12-15 passes a game and hope u can ring up 250 rushing yards. If Shrout is our only hope, we are in trouble. He’s just not ready to play at this level.

curious, how do we know he’s not ready?

I think he was trying to draw a flag. Which he should have gotten because it was warranted. But due to his protocol last week it wasn’t worth the risk.
Draw a flag on his own OL? Trey Smith is the one who hit accidentally hit him in the head.

With each concussion, it becomes easier to get the next one. Hoping this one was just precautionary and wasn’t an actual concussion and they were just being cautious.

Shane Lee is 243 lbs, and he hit Maurer late. Maurer weighing 225 wouldn't have stopped him from flying into Darnell Wright which, hitting his leg on the way is what caused his concussion. Wright weighs 330, he's not going to move much at all if someone 225 or 195 falls into him; it's just physics at that point.

In looking at that clip, it is obvious the ball is gone. The defender wasn't in the process of hitting Maurer at the time and not even at a full head of steam as it were. It was malicious. It was a late hit. Not getting called was BS.

But it was Bama

Bama boards are notorious for fake injury news. Last night, they had Tua with a broken ankle and almost 6 foot under in under a quarter of play.
I'd be OK if his ankle was broken. Not life threatening, and screws Bama.

Interesting. It seems we have two camps here on VN. Ones that think it is a bad thing to risk head injury and CTE, and the other that thinks California is a bunch of pussies for disallowing full contact football for little kids.

Draw a flag on his own OL? Trey Smith is the one who hit accidentally hit him in the head.

With each concussion, it becomes easier to get the next one. Hoping this one was just precautionary and wasn’t an actual concussion and they were just being cautious.
Draw a flag on the late hit by the LB. And it was not Trey, it was Wright that he bounced his head off of. And I’m thinking that’s exactly what it was. This was not a must win game and I’m under the impression that they only wanted him in there for experience purposes anyway. I feel like the obvious game plan to hit him (even late) was the reason they pulled him.

curious, how do we know he’s not ready?
Seems like he tends to either force throws (because that was his go route) or holds onto the ball too long and takes the bad sack.

Maurer appears far more decisive and able to process the field and check down options. I really haven’t seen that from Shrout yet.

Draw a flag on the late hit by the LB. And it was not Trey, it was Wright that he bounced his head off of. And I’m thinking that’s exactly what it was. This was not a must win game and I’m under the impression that they only wanted him in there for experience purposes anyway. I feel like the obvious game plan to hit him (even late) was the reason they pulled him.
I've posted such twice so far. Who would know more than Pruitt how aggressive Bama will be when it comes to getting to a QB? I'm thinking precautionary but I could very well be wrong but I am guessing Pruitt is seeing the whole picture which includes the remaining games and how much needed BM is.

I've posted such twice so far. Who would know more than Pruitt how aggressive Bama will be when it comes to getting to a QB? I'm thinking precautionary but I could very well be wrong but I am guessing Pruitt is seeing the whole picture which includes the remaining games and how much needed BM is.
I agree. He’ll be fine and I would expect him to start next week. In fact I would also expect that they ALLOW him to play the entire game. The look in his face when Pruitt was talking to him told me he was pissed about being taken out.

I agree. If he truly had a concussion last week and has another one this week, he definitely needs to sit for an extended amount of time or just stay off the field completely. It's just not worth it.
UT pays DR's big money to make these calls. For about the 100th time on here they ain't going to play someone that's at risk!!

UT pays DR's big money to make these calls. For about the 100th time on here they ain't going to play someone that's at risk!!
People keep posting that as if it's breaking news. We all know that and I'm not sure where I have ever said otherwise?

Yes, and I think he can still redshirt. If I'm Pruitt, that's the decision I would make. This season is over for us, and if it comes to it, let Jennings play QB and go balls to the wall with the running game.
There are some delusional people on this forum. Jennings is not playing Qb full-time except for Wildcat formations.

VN Store

Back